Does Aid go to Active points or Real?

Sociotard

I was thinking of making a crappy low level healing spell Using Aid (Body, Only to extend the negative Body range). Normally a person at 0 BODY is dying and actually dies at negative whatever-their-BODY-is-normally. The idea behind the spell is that, after recieving it, you might still be dying, but you would have way more time to slowly die.

I know that giving Aid to powers with advantages has to take those advantages into account. I'm not sure if the same is true of limitations (i.e. active point vs just real point). I'm also not sure if aid can tack on limitations to the aid it gives.

Re: Does Aid go to Active points or Real?

You dont really need to do anything like that, its part of how aid works. Aid is NOT healing, so it will fade. Simply buy your Aid with a limitation on itself "only works on body that is currently in the negative, and cannot move it above 0", this would extend the time before they die. Of course only by a few turns.

If you want to really extend it, then you might buy the skill "paramedic" linked to your aid (with GM's permission of course). A successful skill roll would stop them from "dying" so they dont loose more body, but your aided body will still fade away as normal, if you bought the paramedic skill with the limitation "Only while aid is in effect" so that when the aided points fall off, they start the dying process again. Then you buy your aid with the delayed return rate advantage and presto, you can choose how long till they start "dying" again. Of course this is alot of hoops to jump through to make a power work like you want it to work in a strictly legal sense.

Alternately your GM may just let your power work like this without all the extra skill stuff needed as it really doesn't affect the game much to allow you to define it that way (as you could just buy healing cheaper and actually have it DO something).

I fear Aid has no way to affect this:

"Adjustment Powers never affect a character’s “negative BODY” for purposes of determining when he dies. If a character normally has 10 BODY, then he dies at -10 BODY, even if Aided to 15 BODY or Drained to 5 BODY. A character reduced to negative his BODY solely due to an Adjustment Power dies"

Maybe a GM could allow you to define the Aid as onlya affectign thids (for no advantage/limitation, but otherwise you have to look at Transform or Body, Usable on Other.

Note that while aid doesnt affect the negative body for Death, it DOES affect negative body, for instance if you have base 15 body, and your at -10 body, a 12 pt aid would put you at -4 body (Body is considered a defense power so aid is only 1/2 as effective). This is why i believe my construct would work. The rule Christopher stated is that even tho, in this example, the character would have a max BODY of 21 (15 + the 6 points from the Aid), he would still "die" at -15, NOT -21 Body.

Correct me if I'm wrong Christopher (since in that case i need to know as well ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Note that while aid doesnt affect the negative body for Death, it DOES affect negative body, for instance if you have base 15 body, and your at -10 body, a 12 pt aid would put you at -4 body (Body is considered a defense power so aid is only 1/2 as effective). This is why i believe my construct would work. The rule Christopher stated is that even tho, in this example, the character would have a max BODY of 21 (15 + the 6 points from the Aid), he would still "die" at -15, NOT -21 Body.

Correct me if I'm wrong Christopher (since in that case i need to know as well ;) )

I'm not Christopher, but if he is citing 6E1 page 141, I'd say you're right. I also agree with psyber624 that all you need to do is slap a custom limitation (and possibly increased fade rate) on Aid to get the effect you want. Remebering, as cited above, that Body counts as a Defensinve Power for purposes of costing Aid.