Champions Complete

tcabril

Re: Champions Complete

Champions Complete basically is 6th edition champions with some very minor changes (advantages, limitations, and adders were all moved to one section, the absolute effect 'rule' seems to be gone, there's only 1 type of mind now, Naked Advantages were renamed to something else, etc.). The majority of the changes are organizational, which is how they fit all the rules into 240 pages. Details for powers are a lot shorter and things like that. The majority of remaining changes are either cosmetic (e.g. renaming Naked Advantage) or affected rules that were largely ignored (e.g. multiple types of minds for mental powers, Absolute Effect).

The majority of remaining changes are either cosmetic (e.g. renaming Naked Advantage) or affected rules that were largely ignored (e.g. multiple types of minds for mental powers' date=' Absolute Effect).[/quote']

I noticed that the Advantage that let a power draw from both personal END and an END Reserve is gone. I don't recall ever seeing a character in any book who bought powers with that Advantage.

yup, but they added back in the ability to increase the maximum effect for adjustment and cumulative powers.

The changes I noticed while doing my Cheat Sheet (Please note, some of these were in text suggestions possibly of specific examples of the "Limited Power" Limitation, indicated in this list by :

Body Affecting Powers: Must be used at Full Power (-0 to -1/4) Removed

Mental Powers: Multiple Classes Adder (+5 pts) Removed (Only one class of minds now)

Mental Powers: Limited Class of Minds (-1/2, -1) Removed (while only one class of minds exists now this modifier is still applicable.)

Movement Powers: Leaves a Trail (-0, -1/4) Removed

Damage Reduction: Set Effect Limitation (although there are other limitations that mirror it closely, such as Only Works Against Defined Damage)

End Reserve: Power can Draw from either, and Double End (power draws from both) removed

Extra Limbs: Cannot use Str/Dex with Extra Limbs(-1/4), and Only With Extra Limbs (-1/2)

Flash: Mental Defense Functions As/Adds to Mental Group Flash Defense (-1/2)

Multiform: Cost End to change (-1/2) to Stay Changed (-1) Removed

Increased Max Effect: (+1/4) Added

Invisible Power Effects: Concealing Source Effect Only (+1/4) (option only listed in text)

Requires Multiple Charges: Adding an additional (-1/4) per step up the charge table when < 65 charges was removed

Endurance Limitations: Costs END to activate (-1/4) Removed

Focus: Multiple Foci Removed

Perceivable: the Extra Perceivable for Obvious Powers (-1/4) Removed

Complication: Affected as two (or more) classes of minds (5 pts) Removed (Only one class of mind now.)

That's all the changes I noticed while working on it. Nothing major, most were always just limited power examples or other options that were suggested.

No, there is a subsection of the focus rules detailing working with a multi-part focus (the example given was a set of rings, similart to the rings the Mandarin wears in Iron Man comics). There is an additional limitation if all components are required, and a reduced limitation if the powers work at a reduced capacity if some of the parts are present but not all of them. (6e1 380)

I found a few other things that might be omissions, deliberate or otherwise.

Reading Kazei 5, I noticed that several of the "androids" (built as automata) were paying triple cost for DCV and other Defensive Powers, like PD, ED and Resistant PD/ED. I didn't see anything in the Champions Complete about that.

Also in Kazei 5, one of the Mind Control powers has the advantage Long-Term Control, which again I didn't see.

Just trying to point out some errata, and if I'm wrong then someone can give me a pointer to what I missed.

The triple cost thing is a side effect of the "Takes No Stun" power for Automatons. (CC pg 89)

Never heard of a Long-Term Control advantage tho, that may be something unique to Kazei 5, or they may have changed the name of it or something like that. Its not in 6e1 or 2 at least.

The triple cost thing is a side effect of the "Takes No Stun" power for Automatons. (CC pg 89)

Darn it, I read that entry but somehow missed that note. Thanks!

I believe it's in Advanced Player's Guide

Ah, at least I didn't miss that one. Thanks also!