Converting Powerhouse from 4th to 5th

Ninja-Bear

Hello Herophiles!

I got a quick question dealing with Powerhouse and other similar builds. If you have two powers such as growth and density increase on at the same time,how did you calculate the total increase of mass and negative DCV? Did they just add together? Did you use the highest values? Or as in mass did they multiply each other?

Thanks in advance

Well, I don't believe Density Increase causes a negative DCV, so that part is a non issue. I would assume that you simply add the weights together, much like you add the STR, DEF, and Knockback Resistance bonuses.

On the other hand, DI is considered to give you x2 mass per 4 points in the power, so perhaps figure your Growth mass first and than use the DI multiplier (not the DI weight listed).

A character with 1 Level of Density AND 1 Level of Growth would weigh the same as a character with 2 Levels of Density OR 2 Levels of Growth.

I'm not aware of a DCV penalty associated with Density Increase.

edit. what bigbywolfe said. :D

You said it a lot simpler than I did, largely because I was over thinking it.

Same thing applies. It's 5 levels of mass doublings. Isn't Powerhouse's Growth & Density built with Always On? If so you would be better off with just buying all the component abilities (final STR, PD/ED, KB Resistance, etc...) instead of Density & Growth which even 5e stated were better suited for characters who could turn them OFF (like Giant-Man, Colossal Boy, The Vision, etc...)

Same thing applies. It's 5 levels of mass doublings. Isn't Powerhouse's Growth & Density built with Always On? If so you would be better off with just buying all the component abilities (final STR, PD/ED, KB Resistance, etc...) instead of Density & Growth which even 5e stated were better suited for characters who could turn them OFF (like Giant-Man, Colossal Boy, The Vision, etc...)
"It's Micro Lad, not Colossal Boy! I'm normally this big, my power is to shrink down to your size!"

One of the few things I loved about the 2004 reboot.

Same thing applies. It's 5 levels of mass doublings. Isn't Powerhouse's Growth & Density built with Always On? If so you would be better off with just buying all the component abilities (final STR' date=' PD/ED, KB Resistance, etc...) instead of Density & Growth which even 5e stated were better suited for characters who could turn them OFF (like Giant-Man, Colossal Boy, The Vision, etc...)[/quote']

He does have it bought always on and I'm building him the way 5th does it but I couldn't figure out what the correct mass should be. The BBB only has it listed separately per power not a total that I could discern.