Champions character sheet/template

Tedology

Hello all, from a newbie to the forums. :)

Years ago I played Champions and I was very happy to see that Champions Complete was out on Amazon, so I quickly snagged it (along with the three Champions Villains and the Champions Powers book) (Not sure I'll need the Champions Powers book, as I couldn't see inside it, but I figured what the heck!) :)

I'd like to start a campaign at my LGS and I was going to refresh my memories about the game system (as well as learn of any new changes/additions/omissions). I'm eager to browse through the new book(s).

A couple of questions, please:

1. I know there is a sheet at the back of the book that I could copy for my players. However, it's somewhat hard to make a copy, as the book doesn't fold back nicely for most copy machines. Is there a source online where I might obtain (even purchase) a sheet/PDF that I could print out? I did find some free sheets at various sites (e.g. rpgsheets.com), but I want to make sure they're the most up-to-date.

2. In the old system, they had a great template where players could draw their characters' costumes. Is there anything still like that around? I reckon I could just rummage through all my old Champions materials and cut and paste (with actual scissors and glue! ha!), but thought I could ask here for any online resources I could download and/or print out.

Also, since I did mention it... will I get much use of Champions Powers (the book)? I probably should have asked this before I ordered it, but any insight and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ted

Champions Powers will be as much use as you make it. :)

It can be very useful to have a bunch of pre-written up powers if you want to build a character in a hurry, or just want a bit of inspiration.

Of course, you can work from scratch instead, or just stick with the villains in the books, in which case you won't use it much.

It's also more or less built for 300-500 point power levels. If you play outside that range it might be less useful.

It's nice to have.

Hello all, from a newbie to the forums. :)

Years ago I played Champions and I was very happy to see that Champions Complete was out on Amazon, so I quickly snagged it (along with the three Champions Villains and the Champions Powers book) (Not sure I'll need the Champions Powers book, as I couldn't see inside it, but I figured what the heck!) :)

I'd like to start a campaign at my LGS and I was going to refresh my memories about the game system (as well as learn of any new changes/additions/omissions). I'm eager to browse through the new book(s).

A couple of questions, please:

1. I know there is a sheet at the back of the book that I could copy for my players. However, it's somewhat hard to make a copy, as the book doesn't fold back nicely for most copy machines. Is there a source online where I might obtain (even purchase) a sheet/PDF that I could print out? I did find some free sheets at various sites (e.g. rpgsheets.com), but I want to make sure they're the most up-to-date.

2. In the old system, they had a great template where players could draw their characters' costumes. Is there anything still like that around? I reckon I could just rummage through all my old Champions materials and cut and paste (with actual scissors and glue! ha!), but thought I could ask here for any online resources I could download and/or print out.

Also, since I did mention it... will I get much use of Champions Powers (the book)? I probably should have asked this before I ordered it, but any insight and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ted

Hi Ted,

With regard the character templates you mention in point 2, I think that I have scans of all of the original templates from way back, so I could upload them - unless there is a legal reason that I can't.

Hello assault - thanks. That's what I was hoping for by purchasing Champions Powers - inspiration. :)

Thanks for the offer, Lou! Not sure if it's legal or not (I wouldn't sell them, etc.) but if it's legal, I would greatly appreciate the scans. I reckon we could wait to hear from a moderator?