OK, big guy...

Sean Waters

Looking at the Growth power, you increase various things including 'Defs'.  I may be missing it, but I can not see what 'Defs' means in this context.  I assume it includes PD and ED, but what about other defences?  What about, for example, resistant defence, what about Power Defence?

I mean if BatChap has a flashbulb that creates a Flash effect, and he uses it on CatChap.  CatChap is human sized, she spends the next several segments not being able to see.

Now Professor Engorge pumps up CatChap with his Swellotron so she is as big as a sequoia.  One of her eyes is over a metre across (as, of course, is the other).  Batchap's Flash attack can not even hit both her eyes at once.  Does the enforced Growth increase CatChap's Flash Defence?

So:

1. What Defs does Growth add to?

2. Can it add Defs you have not got already?

I mean it makes sense that a bigger character is tougher generally, but is the power balanced that way?

Cheers.

Defs refers to PD & ED. As noted in the 2nd paragraph, reference the size templates on 6E1 443. It does not give you defenses you don't have (RAW).

Prior to 6E, Growth didn't add to defenses, so I never really noticed it before. But the size templates in 5E do include additional defenses as appropriate (due to figured characteristics). 6E balances characters who are always large against characters to use Growth to get larger temporarily.

Well, in theory, as you get bigger, your skin should get thicker, and your bones certainly would have to get thicker, so the increase in pd/ed makes sense. You also get knockback resistance, of course. The remaining defenses would be flash, power and mental defense. I think one could probably come up with a rationale to purchase them additionally as a "unified power"(e.g., being bigger means your brain is bigger and harder to "navigate" for mentalists, your innate abilities are literally more widely distributed and therefore harder to drain, and as noted above, your senses might be hard to encompass with a single flash(depending on your size). I don't think the levels for these should be too dramatic, but somewhere in the 1-3 points per level of size increase could work(i.e., a Colossal(6 levels Growth/Size Increase) character might have 6-18 points of mental, power and flash defense each. I wouldn't make it "standard" but would allow it as an option.

Defs refers to PD & ED. As noted in the 2nd paragraph, reference the size templates on 6E1 443. It does not give you defenses you don't have (RAW).

Prior to 6E, Growth didn't add to defenses, so I never really noticed it before. But the size templates in 5E do include additional defenses as appropriate (due to figured characteristics). 6E balances characters who are always large against characters to use Growth to get larger temporarily.

I did not check the size templates, but that makes it clear enough.  Cheers.