Variant Auto Fire

JasonPacker

How much more do you think Autofire should be worth if you hit with an extra shot for every 1 point you make your roll by, rather than 2? Would it be worth less (though never less than +1/4) if the margin of success requirement was 3 or more? Or, notably, is this already in one of the APGs and my searching failed me?

Just curious - it's pulling from the GURPS autofire rules that use a "recoil" factor for any attack, real weapon or otherwise, to determine how many shots actually hit (though, they also offer a meager bonus to hit for very high RoF).

Is that an official build? I'm not sure I'd think it was legit - after all, you aren't making a second attack with those additional shots, unlike a multi-attack.

No, you would need to keep adding Skill levels 2 at a time to make more shots hit. It's wildly efficient to buy even 3 skill levels with an autofire attack. Christougher's build wouldn't work like he thinks it would. It would only add to the OCV overall and allow perhaps one more shot to hit.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, you can simply take the Skill, Precise Sprayfire II.  It is in the Advanced Player's Guide under the heading Autofire Skills (pg. 35).  Now,  if for some reason, you prefer to use an Advantage instead of a Skill, then this probably isn't what you are looking for.