Killing Attacks

ghornet

My friends claim that killing attacks shouldn't be more than 2d6 and another friend and I disagree.  The example in the rule book uses a 3d6 Killing Attack as an example.  Is there any set rule on damage for killing attacks.  Obviously you wouldn't want it to high.

It depends on how powerful the characters in the campaign are.  A 3d6 KA get the average human down to 0 body in one shot.  But against powerful supers, especially armored or force-field users it's not that scary.  Basically use the Damage Class and/or active point limits your GM sets in the game. 

As a side note I'm in a _very_ house-rule-rich campaign and we've eliminated Killing Attacks.  We've replaced them with the modifiers Brutal (ignores non-resistant defense) and Lethal (+1 body per dice, multiple levels, countered by the advantage "reinforced").    

It depends on how powerful the characters in the campaign are.  A 3d6 KA get the average human down to 0 body in one shot.  But against powerful supers, especially armored or force-field users it's not that scary.  Basically use the Damage Class and/or active point limits your GM sets in the game. 

As a side note I'm in a _very_ house-rule-rich campaign and we've eliminated Killing Attacks.  We've replaced them with the modifiers Brutal (ignores non-resistant defense) and Lethal (+1 body per dice, multiple levels, countered by the advantage "reinforced").    

I am curious how you find this has worked out!  What are the modifiers worth?  Any other information you can give?

I am curious how you find this has worked out!  What are the modifiers worth?  Any other information you can give?

Brutal: +1/2

A power with this advantage has a stun it's stun multiplier according to a d6 roll.  On a roll of 1 stun *1, roll of 2-5 stun *2, roll of 6 stun *3.  Canceled by the Strengthened advantage.

Devastating: +1/2 / level

The attack ignores 1 defense per level per dice opposed by “Tempered” (-1/4 per level).

Lethal: +1/2

The attack adds 1 body/per dice per level. Opposed by “Resistant”

Resistant +1/4/ level

Each level counters a level of the Lethal advantage

Tempered +1/4/ level

Each level counters a level of the Devastating advantage

Strengthened +1/4

Cancels effect of the Brutal advantage.

Brutal: +1/2

A power with this advantage has a stun it's stun multiplier according to a d6 roll.  On a roll of 1 stun *1, roll of 2-5 stun *2, roll of 6 stun *3.  Canceled by the Strengthened advantage.

Devastating: +1/2 / level

The attack ignores 1 defense per level per dice opposed by “Tempered” (-1/4 per level).

Lethal: +1/2

The attack adds 1 body/per dice per level. Opposed by “Resistant”

Resistant +1/4/ level

Each level counters a level of the Lethal advantage

Tempered +1/4/ level

Each level counters a level of the Devastating advantage

Strengthened +1/4

Cancels effect of the Brutal advantage.

I wish the original Champions game back in 1981 had used something like this

Lucius Alexander

that was before the palindromedary's time