Protectors of San Corona

JmOz

Tell me what this team still needs

Brute: The brick of the team, he metamorphs from a scientist into a super strong cave man (Hulk).  He is a scientist by trade (Rocket).  A practical joker who plays dumb.

PIXIE: A Power Armor Blaster with shrinking abilities (Wasp). She is a CSI and has some back ground secrets.

Dragonfly: The team engineer and wheelman (Blue Beetle).  Primarily a Martial Artist with a special Air Ship.  A real smart alec, who does this to find meaning in his life. 

Kitsune: A prostitute with mental illusion powers (Gypsy).  Infiltration and Pre based character (Invisibility, Shape shift, Mental Illusion, Mind blast)

Wraith: A classic Vigilante (Batman).  Currently homeless and assumed dead accountant. 

The team looks like it could use a unifying theme. As it stands, three of them have animal names and three mystic.. What's the common connection?

Also, why would anyone like them?

I don't mean as in drool over pictures of them, but why would any five year old child feel protected by them, run toward them, draw crayon pictures of them for mommy to put up on the fridge?

Who is their paragon, and what are they paragons of?

Gadgeteer. For when you really need someone who can shift their points around. Be careful about trying to turn one of the other characters into this - they could end up being unfocused, underpowered and sucky. (Unless you are using unrestricted points).

Ordinarily I would suggest a general purpose wizard as well (for similar reasons), but Kitsune and Karma already have that turf covered.

The team looks like it could use a unifying theme. As it stands, three of them have animal names and three mystic.. What's the common connection?

I don't mean as in drool over pictures of them, but why would any five year old child feel protected by them, run toward them, draw crayon pictures of them for mommy to put up on the fridge?

Common connection: geography presumably, since they're the "Protectors of San Corona".

They strike me as something of an Avengers-ish aggregation of random heroes, which is fine. They'll build up their reputation on the basis of their deeds.

Not every team needs a Captain America, or even an Iron Man. Still: which one does the talking when the media shows up?

The setting is a corrupt city, they are protecting the common people.  Think Gotham/Marvel Knights, with a little more powers

Gadgeteer. For when you really need someone who can shift their points around. Be careful about trying to turn one of the other characters into this - they could end up being unfocused, underpowered and sucky. (Unless you are using unrestricted points).

Ordinarily I would suggest a general purpose wizard as well (for similar reasons), but Kitsune and Karma already have that turf covered.

I will explore turning Wraith into a gadgeteer (He already has a equipment MP that could maybe be turned into a VPP)

Common connection: geography presumably, since they're the "Protectors of San Corona".

They strike me as something of an Avengers-ish aggregation of random heroes, which is fine. They'll build up their reputation on the basis of their deeds.

Not every team needs a Captain America, or even an Iron Man. Still: which one does the talking when the media shows up?

Yes, they are connected by being in the same city.

In theory Kitsune would be the mouth piece (She is primarily about interaction)