Combat maneuvers and Martial Arts

steph

Hello Community,
I have a question concerning the combat maneuvers vs  martial arts. At our last game, a warrior tried to make a move by with one of her martial arts technique: A great swing that increases its damage to 4DC and she got also a +3 CSL with is martial art style . It is legal to use a martial art with a combat maneuver. For example  : I make a haymaker or a move by with my great swing maneuvers. And if it's legal, The warrior can keep its CSL and Bonus in DC or the martial art maneuver ?

Hope i am clear

English not my first language

Steph

I see 2 questions here.

1. Is it legal to use CSL's that applies to Martial Arts with a Martial Maneuver?  Yes.

2. Is it legal to combine a Haymaker with a Martial Arts Maneuver or CSL's that apply to Martial Arts? No.

Haymaker is its own separate Combat Maneuver and cannot be combined with a Martial Maneuver.  Also, Martial Damage Classes do not apply to a Haymaker either.

No need to apologize. You don't want to see how I'd fare in another language.

To answer your question, I will say No, based on the descriptions above.

These sound like either 3 pt (small group) or 5 pt (large group) skill levels which are defined as applying to the martial arts technique the character has. The standard Disarm maneuver is not part of that group (based on your descriptions), so the skill levels do not apply.

This does not mean that you couldn't have a skill level that applies to specific maneuvers, both standard and optional. For example, I could take a 3 pt (small group) skill level with Disarm, Martial Strike, and Block.

But I've been told that you CAN use a 2 pt Skill Level with a weapon with any maneuver with that weapon.

Lucius Alexander

Skill Levels with Palindromedary Mounted Weapons

True. (CC 27)

The skill levels steph mentions appear to be for the martial art (which happens to use a sword), not the sword itself.

If you have only one Weapon Element for a Martial Art, you're better off buying Skill Levels for the WEAPON rather than Skill Levels for the ART.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to buy Extra Damage Classes for non-Martial Maneuvers