Pricing for weapons and gear?

Beowulf

I've always really liked the Resource Point rules. They encourage players to collect loot just like in standard DnD style games, while providing a fair and cinematically appropriate way to discourage players from wanting to carry everything they've ever found in a giant backpack/utility belt of game-breaking doom.

I can understand wanting to cut down on excess paperwork and dead trees.

I've found that most of my pathfinder character's end up needing separate equipment sheets eventually to keep track of all of the back-up weapons, sporadically used minor magical items, and general survival equipment I end up buying or finding for them... For some of these characters I even kept little 4-5 page notebooks filled with lists of equipment I had or equipment I wanted in my cramped pt-4 handwriting.

So I suggest you just embrace the extra sheet. It will keep character stat-blocks looking cleaner, and ensure your players have enough space to track rising and falling charges without having to use the margins of their primary sheets. Although it will take some getting used to, those players who've played vancian spellcasters will already be used to keeping two or more sheets for their characters anyway.

One additional piece of advice is for you to have players put their sheets (especially their equipment sheets) into page protectors and use dry erase markers and a magic eraser (those white degradable chemical soaked sponge thingies used for heavy messes) to track frequently changing numbers like BODY, STUN, END, and Charges. This will prevent the original sheets from getting all eraser fatigued from being marked and erased over and over.

The current prices are (dollar equivalent per ounce)

Gold:$1352.75

Patinum:$1157.95

Silver: $20.25

Copper: $2.17

So as you can see, there's a huge difference between gold and silver. The difference between copper and silver is almost exactly x10.

So what I do is have the kingdoms mint their coins in such a way that the weight/size of the coin hits the proper ratio of 100 copper to 1 silver, 100 silver to 1 gold etc.

Thus copper coins are often copper coated, not full copper. Silver coins are a full ounce and gold coins half an ounce.

• 2 weeks later...