Pocket Dimension?

t-bear

I'm looking to get some people's different ideas on pocket dimensions.

I've got a character who's a teleporting martial artist. He uses gateways for his teleports which allows him to teleport others through the gates, teleport himself, and "stretch" his hands with the assistance of small gates.

The idea has always been that the gates allow him to pass through another dimension, his own personal alternate dimension of..well, nothing.

Another thing about the character, he's a kleptomaniac. So he's always taking things, small tiny trinkets, files from the Mayor's personal filing cabinent, these things =)

So what I'm building to submit for GM approval is a pocket dimension, some extra dimensional movement allowing him to access a place in this personal dimension where he can go into and place his stuff.

The Gate TEleportation is bought a little different than the Book suggests. They're not AOE, and they don't have the limitation Gate. They are currently all in a 60 point EC with the Gestures 2handed limitation applied.

I'd like to be able to *carry* stuff through, so if I buy it outisde of the EC I'll purchase it without gestures, but if I buy it inside the EC (which I'd prefer to do) I think I'll need to buy it with continuous, so I can open the gateway and then carry things through.

I was wondering if people could post different ideas of how to build this? I'm trying to do it around 10-14 real cost points. I've been playing with a few ideas, but haven't settled on anything.

One was X2 Increased Weight, INcreased Endurance Cost (x2 end), Activation (13- roll), Extra Time (Full PHase), UAA (to allow others to go through the gate), and Continuous, bought inside the EC so it has 2h gestures. That brings it to about 14 cost and 14 end.

So long as the end comes out to less than 30, I'm happy. I'm already a member of end users anonomous, and I don't want to use this in combat anyway.

Is this for a PC? A seriously klepto PC is going to do nothing but drive the other players nuts and cause trouble. It's like the thief syndrome from D&D.

[rant]

Remember that player characters do not have "PC" stamped on their forehead. Some guys come into a game thinking, "I'm a thief, I steal stuff. I'll steal from the PCs. What'll they do, kill another PC?" Actually, yes, they will. If your PC steals from my PC, your PC is dead. Even if my PC "doesn't know," I will, and your PC is dead. Normally, I try very hard to base a character's actions on the character's knowledge, and not my own. But when people start abusing their PC's PC-ness, I don't care any more.

[/rant]

Just to clairfy the character..he's not really a *thief*. He's a super hero, he's a good guy, and he doesn't steal from his team mates. At least, he tries very hard not to (hasn't yet). It helps that they all know he's a kleptomaniac due to a very embarresing incident in first day on the team (involving an alternate dimension, a very hot rock, and having all his clothes burnt off him). Mostly he steals pens, papers, recently he found himself inside City Hall with the entire city being brainwashed and kinda went a little crazy stealing papers, files, paper weights, photos of the mayor and his kids...

And as for the stretching, he does have stretching. That's actually his main attack, he punches through the portals in a stretch that doesn't cross interviening space and his fist picks up kenetic energy as it travels through the dimensional portals.

I have always built D-Pockets as the Following

Bog of Stuff: +X STR; Invisable power effect +1, 0-end +1/2, Persistant +1/2, Nos Not Affect Figured -1/2 Does Not Add To STR -1/4. (Some times I will throw in a only objects that fit in hole limitation or a focus limitation.)

I only use EDM when I have bought a base to store things in. As EDM would mean by default that to get to the same place in the pocket diminsion I would have to be in the same place in the real world unless I buy the +5 Adder variable location then to get things back from that Diminsion I would need either summon or Transdiminsional so that I can retrieve things.)

I see the construct biult all the time and the way most people build it includes no game mechanic for retrieval. You cannot target something in the other D to bring it back unless you have tran-D addvantage and then you would need a sense that was trans-D. So summons would be ok but then it limits the AP of things you can store instead of the size.

"Hmmm, if you're just going to store stuff that you can pick up, how about buying the Transdimensional advantage for your gate-based "Stretching." That way you could reach into the next dimension over to drop things or pick things up."

Hrm. Definatly not what I had invisioned..but it would definatly get the job done for what I wanted.

Good idea. I'm drawing up a couple of different plans for the ability for my GM to go over...I'll definatly draw that one up as one, thanks.