clone wounded spell

steph

Hi everyone and happy holiday... . I have a face questioning the legitimacy of a spell that one of my players wants to create . He wants to make a spell that would allow it to attack an opponent  by imitating the injury of another person . For example. The mage sees a person on the battlefield was wounded for - 8 body and a broken arm , it take that situation and replicates the same situation on a another target . It uses transform to do this …It is legal ? How to build that kind of spell ?

Clone wounded  spell:

Transform 8d6 : Major, Healed by magical and normal healing, (Transform a normal person into a replica of a wounded person in the LOS area ) 

AC 80

- Gesture -1\4,

- incantation -1\4

- concentration 1\2DCV -1\4

- Extra time: Full Phase -1\2

- Conditionnel : Must have a example of wounded person in LOS of the caster. -1

real cost 25

Hope i am clear 

Steph

You could use transform, but probably a blast or KA with variable special effect would work just as well and be cheaper.  If you insist on having exactly the same effects, you might need a transform or 1 hex area effect that is limited to a single area on the target to mimic the precise effects.

I would just go with the big KA, and have the limitations that you have to have a present example of the wound you want to create, AND if you fail to do enough damage, no wound is created.

If you do go with Transform, I would think it might be a Severe Transform, since the effect as described could easily result in "live person to dead person".

I'd make it a Killing Attack vs Limited Defense (you have to figure out what the defense is of course and it's probably an All or Nothing) and a Limitation of "Someone within (whatever distance or area you decide) must be wounded, only up to lower of: damage done to wounded person, or proportional damage done to wounded person."

So if someone with BOD of 20 has taken a 10 BOD wound, you can't inflict that on a 5 BOD person to kill them outright; it will only do 2 or 3 BOD rounding down or up. But if the 5 BOD person has taken a 5 BOD wound and you want to inflict that on the 20 BOD person, they don't get a 20 BOD wound, just a 5 BOD one.

Other Limitations to consider:

Only can copy a given wound once.

Healing the original wound heals the copy (possibly the other way around too.)

Does no damage unless at least matches the original wound.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to try Naked Advantage: Sticky, but that way lies madness