High STR, or default SRT and a mutipower?

phydaux

What's your preference for a Hercules-style brick?

I'm thinking the multipower will be more versatile, particularly  with things like AOEs and such, but straight SRT will be cheaper and the character will still be able to do things like grab and  Multi-attack and such.

What's your preference?

Little of column a, little of column b.  

My current brick in a game that I'm playing, not running, has a base 40 strength and a 20 point multipower.  In the pool are straight up extra strength, a ground cone attack (str w aoe), a flash attack linked to STR (right in the breadbasket!), str with double knockback,  and newly the ability to punch things through a wall (indirect stretching).

I use Champions Complete and if it weren't for the fancy punches (the blinding knee to the groin, the indirect) technically it would be 'better' overall to buy 59 str base and then make a 1 point multipower to throw the mods in - since damage class is adjusted on the fly under the 'adding damage' rules.  I've just never been a fan of that thinking (and might be wrong about it).

I thought you couldn't have a naked advantage as a slot in a framework.  Or is that my 5th ed. talking?

That's still the case in 6e.  However, you CAN put Advantaged HA's in a Framework that a character's normal STR and Maneuvers get to add to at a pro-rated amount (if the HA has a +1/2 Advantage then 30 STR adds 4 DC's instead of the normal 6 AND gets to apply the Advantage as well).  It's a little more work than a straight Naked Advantage but is quite easy once you get the hang of it.  Hero Designer makes it much easier as well.

HM :)

This game in in the random Superhero Generator in the 5th Edition of Champions.  One of the options for Bricks is called a Strength Projector. 

Hmmm.  I'll have to dust off FRED.  Thanks Cassie.

May I call you Cassie?

Say yes, 'cause I'm going to call you Cassie...

;)