Triggered Defensive Actions

g3taso

I like these examples.  That said, and being nitpickingly technical, they ceased to be Skills someone knew ... and became Powers that only work in certain circumstances ... the moment modifiers were applied.

I think the more compelling argument would be that each could be a skill on its own, woodcraft being 'stealth in the woods'. But then, what would be the simplest way to determine the cost of a stealth skill that does the same thing as stealth, but in fewer circumstances? It should NOT cost the same. So skills as powers are the only established way I'm aware of. This does not literally make them powers, just as a speedster is not literally flying, even though they have flying with a limitation on it. The game effect, imo, determines what the thing is, not the build. Only where a build is being done to munchkin out where there is a more appropriate form designed specifically to get that effect should it matter. In this case, there simply is no more appropriate way to build the skill of woodcraft.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these examples.  That said, and being nitpickingly technical, they ceased to be Skills someone knew ... and became Powers that only work in certain circumstances ... the moment modifiers were applied.

They are still Skills that someone knows. It is in the nature of Skills to only work in certain circumstances. One cannot Climb or Ride if there is nothing appropriate around to be climbed or ridden, for example.

Lucius Alexander

Modifying this post by adding a palindromedary tagline

One cannot Climb or Ride if there is nothing appropriate around to be climbed or ridden, for example.

Lucius Alexander

Modifying this post by adding a palindromedary tagline

I'm using a power to ride the palindromedary right now despite one not being around as I type this ... however inappropriate it may (or may not) be!