Mutant American Mediical Association (MAMA)

TheQuestionMan

While playing Champions I have noticed that in the Marvel Universe it is mostly Mutants who can Heal others.

My current character is a mutant Healer and he socializes with a few more.

It struck my that they needed a clique, group, etc... of their own. Thus MAMA was formed. Base loosely on the American Medical Association.

What do you think?

QM

While playing Champions I have noticed that in the Marvel Universe it is mostly Mutants who can Heal others.

My current character is a mutant Healer and he socializes with a few more.

It struck my that they needed a clique, group, etc... of their own. Thus MAMA was formed. Base loosely on the American Medical Association.

What do you think?

QM

Cool. What does it do? How would you use it in a game?

My character Street Angel is a Mutant Healer who charges the Wealthy for Healing them, but Heals everyone else for free. 3/4's of the funds are donated to charity and 1/4 is Street Angel's living expenses and crmefighting resources.

MAMA would give mutants wealth and political influence greater than the American Medical Association.

Average American Citizen's would recieve full health care without artificially inflated costs.

Sub-Plots:

1) Genocide/IHA

2) Health Care and Drug Manufacturers

3) Children's Hospitals

4) Veteran's Hospitals

5) Psychiatric Hospitals

6) Mutants born with Healing Powers vs Physician's trained.

How would that be received by the general public? Things like insurance operate because your doctor might be a glue sniffing maniac with a penchant for unnecessary surgery (or maybe he just made a mistake). The public looks at general malpractice insurance and can rest easily knowing there is some sort of protection or oversight in place. With mutants that heal with the wave of a hand or something there's no protections in case something goes wrong.

What about pushback from fringe groups (hardline religious types, anti-mutant racist types)? How would the MAMA address these concerns?

This idea has a lot of potential for interesting roleplaying themes and situations. I like it a lot.

The initials sound very caring indeed :)

Sub-Plots:
1) Genocide/IHA
2) Health Care and Drug Manufacturers
3) Children's Hospitals
4) Veteran's Hospitals
5) Psychiatric Hospitals
6) Mutants born with Healing Powers vs Physician's trained.

On the subplots:
2) Schlock Mercenaries entire "Force Multiplication" Storyline goes into that direction:
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-29

(really starts here) http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-12-20

3-5) I am not sure what those are supposed to say. I think they are a bit too much on the Stub side.

6) League of Superredundant Heroes has a side character that can heal.

He is no Doctor (by law), because the Professors insisted he actually learn all the stuff a normal doctor does.

He also takes money for healing people.

5+6)
Remember how Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Started? The Galaxies Psychatrics let the earth be destroyed because they feared it the "answer to the Ultimate Question+answer" would cut into thier business.

Additional Subplots:

7) People who want to forbid healing without Doctoral degree. Same reason people want to prevent homosexual marriage - it would "disolve the profession of Doctors" or some such.

8) Conspiracy Nuts that claim during healing the mutants would also manipulate people.
Magellans substory "the Olay Mystery" goes into that direction, but there is no access to it yet except for voting on Topwebcomic:
http://magellanverse.com/the-olaf-mystery-p13/

8) Conspiracy Nuts that claim during healing the mutants would also manipulate people.

Magellans substory "the Olay Mystery" goes into that direction, but there is no access to it yet except for voting on Topwebcomic:

http://magellanverse.com/the-olaf-mystery-p13/

The Olaf Mystery can now be properly browsed completely without needing to vote:

http://magellanverse.com/tales/olaf/olaf.html

While the ability to turn the recently deceased into living beings again, the exact ramifications are not known.

Is the revived person a secret Zombie Minion?

Maybe the soul has to be copied into the Soulsphere for the process to work, so there is now a trapped version of this person inside Olaf?

He is also highly resistant to telepathy. As if you could only hear the public voice of a nation, without being able to speak to any of it's parts directly.