Another villian group

Stone

Trying to put together an all female villian group to throw against my players. I am going with a color theme for the names and would appreciate any help ya'll can give.

Crymson - MA'ist with claws

Idigo - Msytic, teleport

Ebony - brick

Lilac - Egoist or phermone abilities (posion ivy type)

Jade - flying beamer (yeah, a ripeoff of DC character, but could not come up with a better name)

Thoughts...suggestions??

In my campaign world, I had a character called Azure. Named after the colour of her skin, she walked out of the sea at St Tropez just like Pussy Galore in the Bond movie. Had no memories but was an energy blaster with flight powers.

Other suggestions:

Amber - Brick with time manipulation powers

Argent - since silver is used against the Undead, may be some plot ideas there

Pink - would be Punk rocker (!)

Amber could produce Entangles - "Why, this bank clerk's trapped like a fly in amber." Although maybe being "stuck in amber" would produce ribald comments from the players.

Viridian is a nice name for a shade of green. It would make a change from Jade, or even Emerald (a little too close to Sapphire, perhaps).

It sounds to me like you are avoiding having anyone with two names (no, "Lady Lilac", for example).

If I am wrong, then you have a lot more scope, (White Heat (Zenith's mother in the 200AD strip was called that), White Noise, etc.). You could go for Ivory, maybe a partner (no, not in THAT sense) to Ebony. Depends if your players would remember/care about the old Paul McCartney/Stevie Wonder song. If they would joke about it, that could ruin the tone.

Azure is a good one, but maybe you could have a female warrior called the "Ultramarine". I am not sure if that is a serious suggestion or not. It's a little tacky maybe, but it actually gives you a name which has powers/skills associated with it. I'd see her as either a super-soldier, a power armour user or maybe a gadget-carrying villain, a bit like Utility or Mechassassin.

There was a DC hero (now villain) called Magenta, who had magnetic powers. Not directly a link with the name, but obviously the two words are quite similar.

I like your Lilac idea, making her a little like Poison Ivy. That one isn't used very often.

Another potentially tacky name would be "Tan". She could simply be, say, Chinese and that's her name! In that case, in wouldn't be tacky at all and the character could be anything. I'd avoid martial artist, though, that's too cliched. Alternatively, perhaps Tan has solar radiation powers and can produce light, heat and radiation.

Try empath for Lilac; a manipulator of emotions, not just pheremones. You can still crank out Lust, but she would be more versitile. Check out 'Purple Passion' in the purple thread.

Umbra - Shadow powers.

Saffron - Heat/Sun/Radiatin/Light powers.

Chrome - A biker brick with a baseball bat, or a speedster motorcycle.

Cerulean - Ice powered beamer.

A few more names: Platinum, Vermillion, Lavender, Neon.

Re: Another villian group

Originally posted by Stone

Thoughts...suggestions??

I've another idea:

why not build a super villainess team called "The Rainbows"

Are Seven, each one named after a color of the Rainbow:

(sorry don't know all color name in english :))

Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet

Each one wear a dress with same color of her name, so Red are dressed in a red jumpsuit, Green in a emerald "shirt and skirt" (a little like witchcraft and a little like japanese anime girl) and Blue can be dressed in a electric blue Powered Armor

More ideas are that shes has power lied to the color of the name, so Red are an energy blaster focused with heat beam, Blue are a powere armored with icy power, but is very difficult to link color to special effect. I can think about: Red=Heat or intense Fire,Orange=Fire (or amber effect, see crimson arrow's post), Yellow=Pure light (laser) energy, Green=Poisonous, Blue=Electric... but Indigo and Violet?

Other ideas is to link "speed" with color (exactly with frequency or wave lenght of the color...) so violet (wave lenght <430nm) have more speed than Red (over 610 nm)

If you like, you can build a "combination" power, so that are all seven sisters, that can "fuse" togheter to form an unique powerful villainess (named "Sheer Light") in a "power rangers like" manners (but i don't lile PR, so i don't like this idea :) but you can...)

Last, but not least, name each of her with a "second name" so become clear (or appropriate) each other function; so you can have

Red Blaster -hot spanish girl, dressed in a very tight red jumpsuit, has the power of energy blaster from her eyes

Orange Amber -gorgeus texan ex-model,with a tragic accident in her past; she's covered with a semi-transparent amber shell, and has an always on density increase. She's a brick, and no man can stop her :)

Yellow Monsoon -very cute little (about 14-16 years old) oriental (indian? or corean? i think japanese or chinese is too much stereothype...) girl dressed with shorts and t-shirt, her power are control wind and perform little hot airstorm to lift her in the air, confusing enemy, blinding them (with dust) and like

Green Poisons -nice european (french? czech? or better from "green isle", the ireland?) girl with green eyes; she wear "shirt and skirt" dress like japanese anime, and an emerald cloak; she can produce a cloudy smoke (blindness) a poisonous gas (NND, discriminatory area or personal immunity to her and her sisters) and an acidic secretion with touch. She can also spit poison (like a cobra) and/or throw poisoned blade

Blue Steel -this misteryous girl came from england (or germany?) and wear an electric blue powered armor. She's a little brick and a little blaster, so are armored (of course) strenght enhanced and fire icy end/or electrical bolt (maybe an elemental control or a multipower). She can flight using rocket propellers and have a self contained life support

Indigo Mind -a beautiful not-so-young black mentalist (or mystic/mentalist) from Rhode Island, wear a strange dress, with short skirt, jumpsuit and a long cape with large "fold", like a (fantasy necromancer:)) She can use her telepathy, mind illusion, mind blast and, if you like, even some "mystic" power like summon "shadow fiend" or control undead

Violet Speedy -red haired (or better violet haired :) maybe blonde with purple forelock(?)) canadian schoolgirl with power of uncanny speed; she can run, fly or even teleport, she's not very though or strong or like, but is very agile (high Dex:)), and quick (high speed). Her most powerful attack are a stun stick, but she can hit you severy time in a round and escape quickly so she's not to understimate...

Okay this is all my ideas...

I've lied, are another idea :) :)

when player are familiar with this seven calamity (The Rainbow Sisters may be a nice name :)) you can introduce a supervillainess named "Ultraviolet"; she's a parent? or only one copycat? the fact is that Rainbow Sisters are trying to *stop* her!

And when player try to stop Ultraviolet, another girl, named "Infrared" appear...

Well, i'll stay tuned (or better, i try to stay tuned :)) for more...

Re: Another villian group

Originally posted by Dr Divago

Violet Speedy -red haired (or better violet haired :) maybe blonde with purple forelock(?)) canadian schoolgirl with power of uncanny speed; she can run, fly or even teleport, she's not very though or strong or like, but is very agile (high Dex:)), and quick (high speed). Her most powerful attack are a stun stick, but she can hit you severy time in a round and escape quickly so she's not to understimate...

I've missed: Violet Speedy dress!

She wear long boot, bloomer-like shorts (very short shorts :) and a violet (of course) long sleeves shirt, with a little "decolte'"... much similiar (near identical, except for the color :)) to Cassandra's second dress (in soul calibur 2 game)

The doctor had an some interesting concepts except for the Power Ranger reference. So how will we punish him for mentioning them?:D

Course if you dont want female characters necessarily we could have a person with power over all colors of the rainbow named Roy G. Biv (sorry had to put in the reference from school) Then again maybe Roy G. Biv could be the Rainbow Sisters mentor/sponsor?;)

Originally posted by Badger

The doctor had an some interesting concepts except for the Power Ranger reference. So how will we punish him for mentioning them?:D

If you want, i can mention Gatchaman, I-Zemborg, anime like Voltron, Vultus V (or Combatter V), Supercar Gattiger (to mention the best products), or even Goggle5 or other japanese "Kaiju Eiga Style" telefilms :) :) :) (to mention the worst ones)

All of this have the colour schemes (much simple: red is the cool boy, blue is the other cool boy/dark guy, pink is the gals, green the children, yellow the fat...)

Course if you dont want female characters necessarily we could have a person with power over all colors of the rainbow named Roy G. Biv (sorry had to put in the reference from school) Then again maybe Roy G. Biv could be the Rainbow Sisters mentor/sponsor?;)

May be...

You know? this idea for Sevens Rainbows is very cool... i want to use them (but i actually don't play Champions :( :( :( i'm very saaaaaaaaad....)