Anyone else looking forward to Battletech

Iuz the Evil

• 9 months later...

So Flashpoint expansion brought: Crab, Cyclops, and Hatchetman. Also sequential drop "Flashpoint" and non-campaign play. Jungle biome.

Urban Warfare expansion brought: Raven and Javelin. ECM and BAP tech (3025 lostech version, heavy and not as effective as later in the timeline). Also basically the Citytech stuff, urban biome and collateral damage from shooting and missing.

Looking forward to the last of the planned expansions "Heavy Metal". Lots of buzz about that but no definitive facts yet. 

On 8/19/2018 at 10:44 AM, death tribble said:

One thing matters to me.

Do they have Warhammer and Marauder Mechs ?

Found this on the Paradox boards.

Someone finally asked Mitch and Jordan at Mechcon during the Q&A. HBS are not legally barred from using them. It's mostly a question of manpower and that they do not have enough personell to implement them. They will not show up in Urban Warfare, so expect something post-summer 2019 at the soonest. Everyone at HBS love the Unseen and they are aware that they promised them during the Kickstarter, they just had to postpone them due to the legal challenges. But Mitch just confirmed it, they will come.

So likely November 2019 in Heavy Metal. That's confirmed above as an "official statement" from a thread asking "what about the Marauder and Warhammer?"

Yay. I want both. 

I played all the way through the campaign and really enjoyed myself. I have not played the expansions (though I own them). I am thinking will wait for final one then replay campaign.

One problem I had, though Flashpoint seems to have fixed some of it, is that once you start getting assault mechs, there isn't much reason not to take them on the missions. The opponents late in game are all running heavy/assault and are WAY to accurate to use light mechs, which are basically one shotted.

1 hour ago, slikmar said:

I played all the way through the campaign and really enjoyed myself. I have not played the expansions (though I own them). I am thinking will wait for final one then replay campaign.

One problem I had, though Flashpoint seems to have fixed some of it, is that once you start getting assault mechs, there isn't much reason not to take them on the missions. The opponents late in game are all running heavy/assault and are WAY to accurate to use light mechs, which are basically one shotted.

They pretty much fixed that with the "career mode". It's like a non-linear storyline campaign with a time limit. They put drop weight limits on some missions too. Now you kind of need mixed lance weight options sometimes. 

And now they've given you the Raven with ECM. I expect to use that in urban settings well into late game. 

Edit: I didn't mention, I agreed with your point. Assault Mechs are critical in the late campaign mode. They've at least taken steps to promote more diverse playable tactics. "Battleturret" is a less viable play option these days. 

• 4 months later...