What about Bay City for the Sailor Senshi?

Mark Rand

Bay City was in the Champions New Millennium books.  It was basically the San Francisco Bay Area after it was hit by a killer earthquake.  I think that the city, without any other supers, or the Guard (the Champions New Millennium version of PRIMUS) might make a good setting.  Comments?

49 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Bay City was in the Champions New Millennium books.  It was basically the San Francisco Bay Area after it was hit by a killer earthquake.  I think that the city, without any other supers, or the Guard (the Champions New Millennium version of PRIMUS) might make a good setting.  Comments?

Ok. It is doable.

In another month you're going to ask if Chicago is any place for the Sailor Senshi. Then Green Bay. Then Milwaukee.

By the time you're done, we'll get to Alaska and Hawaii. LOL.

We could say that Something happened to the Guard and Champions that caused The Pit in McLaren Park and began the events that Awakened the Sailor Senshi.  It's also possible that The Champions and Guard are still there, but aren't around when the Senshi are needed.  It seems like they're in just the right place to join the fight.

After realizing that I needed a fictitious city, I planned to use Coastal City from the 4E book Atlas Unleashed and place it north of San Francisco.  However, I needed a major international airport to replace Tokyo's airport, and San Francisco International became the obvious choice.   After more thought, I decided to base them in Bay City.

According to the maps, Bay City University is just south of Golden Gate Park.  I decided to place just south of the main university buildings medical, nursing, dental, and pharmacy schools as well as a hospital complex that included children's and mental hospitals as well as an outpatient clinic building complete with a rehabilitation clinic, an outpatient medical diagnostic imaging unit, and a basement wellness center complete with an Olympic-sized swimming pool.  All the Sailor Senshi have wellness center memberships.

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

One of the problems with a Sailor Moon campaign is converting the source material.  I have the VIZ Media dub, which is set in Japan, and need the DIC dub, which is set in the United States. 

You don't need the DiC dub. What you need is a way to watch it. Try YouTube.

They make you jump through a lot of hoops.

In order to be authentic to Sailor Moon, my version of Bay City will be without UNTIL, The United States Guard, The Champions, the Pit, Viper, and Wildstrike.  PanStar will be a normal unscrupulous corporation, Odyssey Research will be a normal scientific organization, and various societies will be like the ones in our world.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

They make you jump through a lot of hoops.

In order to be authentic to Sailor Moon, my version of Bay City will be without UNTIL, The United States Guard, The Champions, the Pit, Viper, and Wildstrike.  PanStar will be a normal unscrupulous corporation, Odyssey Research will be a normal scientific organization, and various societies will be like the ones in our world.

Professor Tome may have been a Odyssey scientist in good standing with then when 'the accident'' happened. He may still get good press for his Mugen School For Scientific Learning And The Arts.

(If he is anything more than an obsessive and weird scientist is up to you.)

17 hours ago, steriaca said:

Professor Tome may have been a Odyssey scientist in good standing with then when 'the accident'' happened. He may still get good press for his Mugen School For Scientific Learning And The Arts.

(If he is anything more than an obsessive and weird scientist is up to you.)

Okay.  He probably has contacts at UC Bay City Medical Center (formerly UC San Francisco Medical Center) where Samantha Anderson, M.D., Sailor Mercury's mother, is a member of the medical staff.

I'm bringing the fourth version of The Mickey Mouse Club, this time taped in Bay City, into the campaign.  Sailor Saturn has probably, in her civilian identity, been a patient at UC Bay City's Benioff Children's Hospital which is located in Mission Bay.  While there, she has hung out with 9-year-old Mouseketeer Karen Parker, an outpatient who suffers from a mild form of congenital muscular dystrophy, gets physical therapy daily, and is usually in a wheelchair.

The neighborhood of China Basin is home to the Sailor Senshi.  Among the neighborhood attractions are a multi-screen movie theater, a bowling alley, a rec center that has an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a basketball court, exercise equipment, and a small video game area, and an ice rink that is used for both figure skating and amateur hockey games.   The video game area has a secret door that leads to the team's headquarters, a 60' x 30' room which has computer equipment, a reference library, and meeting space.

30 minutes ago, Steve said:

If you are looking for a pretty detailed West Coast city, why not use San Angelo by Gold Rush Games?

I'd actually considered it, with the San Angelo river network feeding the Sacramento River.  However, there are two many supers in the city to easily remove without having to rewrite a lot of stuff.

It might, though, be worth a thread in this forum.