My Star Wars/Starfinder Hero System Campaign

tigersloth

I have been running now for just over 2 years a science fiction campaign originally fully based on the Star Wars universe using Fantasy Flights Edge of the Empire game. This morphed into a hybrid Star Wars/Starfinder lore game as i got a bit burned out on the Empire vs rebels stories and wanted to branch out and use the amazing Starfinder lore and setting.

So the players went into Hyperspace and came out somewhere strange? It was in the Pact World System of Starfinder but still with elements of the Star Wars universe somewhat twisted. This helped me reboot the campaign into whatever i wanted as the players do not know the Starfinder lore at all and freed me from Star Wars canon do reshape and use whatever elements I wanted and jettison others if not interesting.

So for example Jabba the Hutt still exists in this new dimension but he currently is trying to establish his crime family on Absalom Station after a messy relocation. 

I have just recently also converted the game from Edge of the Empire over to the Hero System as after so much play time the system was showing a lot of cracks and the space combat system never worked how I wanted it to. This thread is going to be me sharing bit and pieces of the campaign as I flesh it out and it continues.

The GM in my Warhammer Fantasy just did something similar. Our Group has very mixed Warhammer experience. We have: me with a lot of wiki and computergame knowledge, a former Warhammer Fantasy GM and 2 people who maybe saw one of the computergames before.

He added a island that moves through dimension we accidentally got stuck on. He had this new setting he wanted to look at - I keep forgetting the name - and this put all of us players on the same level knowledge wise for a while.

Later - after the players agreed they wanted one more adventure in strange lands - we went to a world from a little known comic series he had lying around. I have issues finding it in English, however. Might have been a german french/german only comic.

I at least thought about similar things a few times as GM hooks:

- For a Star Wars D6 game, I thought about a way to add the Sword of the Stars game setting. In SotS every species/Faction has their own unique FTL method. There was only one know Hyperpsace route to enter the region. Hyperspace charting was poor and the exact routes often a secret of the newly formed Hyperspace guilds. The players would have had to often piggyback a ride on a carrier ship. As a result of this poor charting, the empire had no way to conquer anything but the entry point. And they prefered to leave it alone.

- I like the setting of the RPG Nova (a little known german only thing), but I disliked the rules. So I at least pondered a way to have a Star Trek game go there. I could even tie it into the Nova Equivalent of the Roswell Legend.

Unforunately I am lousy as GM, so those newer went past the idea and early draft stages.

6 hours ago, tigersloth said:

Does anyone know of any Netbook's converting Star Wars characters into the Hero System?

As much as I like Space Opera, Star Wars never did it for me, so I can't say I looked really deeply at this, but I do have a bookmark that might help:

https://www.rpglibrary.org/settings/starwars/behlings/

Now if you're just looking for straight-up conversions from game system to game system, start with Surbrook's Stuff and spread out into anyone who was part of the old Circle of Heroes web ring.

Surbrook's conversions are here:

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/campaigns/StarHeroWars/Conversions.htm