Durham, NC vicinity

John Desmarais

John,

Good to hear from you again!

The MHI table you and I were at in Durham earlier this year had at least one Durham local, plus me driving from Raleigh, and others in the Raleigh area.

I might suggest posting both here and in the Facebook Hero group, as it's not 100pct crossover between the two, and once you change your FB home City to Durham, when you look at the FB Hero Group's members list, it shows you members who have something in common with you, including living in the same city as you.

Additionally, of course you would post there too, seeking a local Hero/gaming group.

Another useful FB group, and Meetup group, would be the ones for Atomic Empire, which is the major game store in the area.

Posting in both of those groups that you are Looking For Group would likely generate some contacts as well.

PM me once you're out here and perhaps we can double-team finding local Hero groups!

Squirrel,

Glad to hear it!

What city are you in/what game store is close to you?

John is probably closest to Atomic Empire, and I'm closest to Game Theory.

P.S.

Squirrel, looks like you're also active on Discord/CapNet RPG Hub/Hero? (Saw a post there today from ScrewySquirrel)

Hero Games really needs their own Discord, linked from here and elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit north of Durham (close to Roxboro) and could be interested in a game -- depending on regularity of sessions, session cadence, and other such logistical items, of course.  I'm open to most genres and enjoy playing at all point levels -- but I tend to enjoy low-mid powered superheroic games, most.  You should be aware that I'm one of those ultra-dependable types who, upon committing to something, is very consistent - and I seek the same for regular gaming. Note that  do not GM; I've tried on multiple occasions and learned that it's not my cup of tea.

P.S. I'm also a student of the Goodman School of Cost Effectiveness.  (Per 2e RAW, that sort of thinking is part of playing the game, too!)

4 hours ago, Surrealone said:

I'm a bit north of Durham (close to Roxboro) and could be interested in a game -- depending on regularity of sessions, session cadence, and other such logistical items, of course.  I'm open to most genres and enjoy playing at all point levels -- but I tend to enjoy low-mid powered superheroic games, most.  You should be aware that I'm one of those ultra-dependable types who, upon committing to something, is very consistent - and I seek the same for regular gaming. Note that  do not GM; I've tried on multiple occasions and learned that it's not my cup of tea.

P.S. I'm also a student of the Goodman School of Cost Effectiveness.  (Per 2e RAW, that sort of thinking is part of playing the game, too!)

Im still a few months away from the Grande Move,  but once I’m settled I’ll start getting serious about gaming in the region.