Notation for Martial Arts NND Maneuvers... (1), (2), (3) etc.?

MayhemLikeMe

In the various Champions villains books, villains who have martial arts with NND damage types will have a parenthetical notation in the maneuver notes - usually a (1) but sometimes other numbers. A great example is Eurostar leader Fiacho, since he has three of them -

Choke Hold - Grab one limb, 4d6 NND (2)

Low Blow - 4d6 NND (3)

Vital Point Strike - 4d6 NND (1)

Where are these parenthetical notations documented? Can't find'em anywhere. I presume they are meant to indicate the type of defense that is effective vs. the martial strike at issue, since I've seen (1) on various forms of Nerve Strike and (2) on various forms of Choke Hold. Not sure on Fiacho's "Low Blow" which appears to also be a nerve strike.

Were these ever listed anywhere?

I think what you are looking for is in Hero System Martial Arts.  Page 247 explains the different NNDs in detail.  The numerical designations indicate what defense stops the NND.  Using the examples you sited: NND1 is stopped by Rigid Resistant PD on vital areas, NND2 is stopped by Rigid Resistant PD on the neck or not having to breather, NND3 is stopped by Rigid Resistant PD on a specific Hit Location.  That is the simplified version; that page has a lot more details.