New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

mallet

Hi Everyone,

After reviewing the results of a poll (or two) that I posted it looks like people would be interested in a Pulp Hero game (which is great because I love the genre), so I am now going to be looking for people interested in playing in the game.

First off, the campaign is going to be A low powered Superhero Pulp game, meaning powers, abilities, etc... are fine (Think The Shadow, Doc Savage, John Carter, Jack Fool, mad scientists & mystics, or "Daredevil" like characters set in the 1930's). The game will involve "weird science" & evil "martians" or "Moonmen" out to steal our women, "strange cults" and "mystics" out to steal our women, nazis, etc...

The main storylines will be based around the character that are accepted into the game and it is from them and thier backgrounds that most of the stories will flow (I hope).

To that end, I am looking for submissions without character sheets for now. We can work on the character point totals for the campaign (and build the characters) once we have a cool team assembled. I'd feel bad getting people to build entire charcters and then not even get accepted into the game. So just send or post a brief outline/concept for your character, including enough detail to get a feel for him/her and what they are like, powers, etc...

Capturing the spirit of the genre will be a big thing, not min-maxing, crunching, power gmainging, rules mongering, etc... I want the game to be good, silly, Pulp fun.

PS. If someones submission really blows me away and gives me a bunch of new ideas, etc... then I might ask everyone else who is interested in playing to adjust their concepts (if needed) to fit this new direction.

So, please post any questions, etc... along with any character ideas you might have.

Thanks.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

How long do we have to get the sheets ready? I know you said you didn't want them, but I'm still in the process of acquiring Pulp Hero and I definitely want to look at it before I sheet it up.

I have a couple ideas:

1) A former Nazi Scientist who is obsessed with electricity.

2) A Plutonian whose spaceship crashed, some future-y tech, definite fun with "Not from earth" schtick.

Those are the two that immediately pop into my head.

I'm in no rush to get things started. I'd rather take time now getting good characters made, then rush into the game.

So let's say a week or two for getting character ideas/BG's in? I guess it might depend on how many submissions are made, etc... but I have no problem giving people time to get ready and come up with ideas.

Maybe by Jan.10th? We can play it by ear.

Both of those ideas sound like cool starting concepts to me.

Got a rough idea of how many points the PC will be built on?

Hmmm... Well, It's low powered so I'd guess not more then 200, but again it all depends on the apps. That's why I want the character ideas submitted before we talk points.

What are you thinking about in number of posts?

Again, I want this to be a campaign where we all have some input so whatever works out best for the players will be what we go with. I, for one, would like to have the posts happen fairly often. Once a day/5 times a week would be good for me, but I could do more (and, obviously, less)

Hmmm... Well' date=' It's low powered so I'd guess not more then 200, but again it all depends on the apps. That's why I want the character ideas submitted before we talk points.[/quote']

Well, starting with what I'm working on here, I would like to build The Bluesman.

Quick snyopsis:Sylas Reedbottom, a Chicago blues player in his early 20s, meets an old irish folk player by the name of Marcus Calhoun during a set in a speakeasy in downtown Kansas City. The two share a drink and some laughs and stay in touch over the next few years, even traveling together sometimes.

During a set in Oklahoma, Sylas walked into Marcus's dressing room to discover Marcus laying on the floor close to death due to a heart-attack. As Sylas starts to go for help, Marcus calls him back and asks for Brine-moor, his old Nylon Guitar.

Sylas picked up Brine-moor and,(Like what happened to Mac), the guitar began to glow. When the glow faded, a guitar unlike any Slyas had seen, a Dark Red solid-bodied guitar with the name Ella-Mae on the pickguard and the word, "Balladeer" on the guitar strap.

Marcus proceeds to tell Sylas the Story of The Balladeers, mystical musical instruments that have been with Mankind before recorded history. He also reveals that he was once known as Filidhe, a vigilante on the streets of New York city protecting the immigrants from gangs and other sources of corruption.

Marcus tells Sylas that he's been chosen to carry on the tradition of The Balladeer.....

Ok, so it wasn't very brief. :D But there's my idea for a pulp era hero.

Again' date=' I want this to be a campaign where we all have some input so whatever works out best for the players will be what we go with. I, for one, would like to have the posts happen fairly often. Once a day/5 times a week would be good for me, but I could do more (and, obviously, less)[/quote']

Depending on the expected level of the intenseness of posts, I can usually do one or two a day. I do go away for weekends and things, but I'm usually able to let somebody know I'll be disappearing.

I'm also curious about very general point-levels, just so I can sort of figure out some of the aspects of the character as I go. My characters very much grow as I build them, so I just want to start slapping some basic bits together.

Edit: I'm also very much leaning in the direction of the Plutonian with a heart of gold.

A plutonian geek.

Completely obsessed with Earth Culture, but learned about it in the only way he could: Via radio. He styles himself after Nick Danger, when he comes to Earth.

Visually, he plays the hardboiled detective straight; A khaki-coloured trenchcoat over a gray suit and fedora. His skin is very, very pale from living on Pluto, and his hair is shocking white. He has two small antenna that he keeps covered under his hat. He smokes cigars, drinks whiskey, and has a great fondness for Earth women.

His problem is that unless it happens in a radio drama, he probably doesn't know how to do it. Actually making a telephone call? Quite foreign to him. He probably narrates his own life quietly under his breath, which would weird out a lot of people.

As with most hard-boiled dectives, he has a heart of gold under his gruff exterior. He always tries to do the right thing, and in fact comes to Earth to warn them about the Plutonian invasion force that is mere months away from landing. Unfortunately, his ship crashed somewhere out in the American midwest, and has only just now arrived in (wherever the game is to be set).

Rough sketch, but it'll do for now.

Sihn'ba

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=328

Sihn'ba's mother was Greta Hapsburg, a devoutly Catholic missionary who traveled to the middle east before the great war, seeking to convert the pagans, heathens, and heretics, She learned the local language and some of the local customs. She amused some of the people she tried to convert and she annoyed others, but she made no real enemies until she literally stumbled into a slave market, those things being common at the time. Full of more righteous indignation than good sense she confronted the slaver and his buyers and began chastising him loudly and publicly for treating human beings as chattle. Infuriated by this weird foreign woman with her blasphemous religion and aggressive manner, the slaver had her seized and threatened to brand her with a slave brand and sell her as a prostitute unless someone could speak for her.

Fortunately for Greta, a traveling sheik, Hashabdul Alit’tavari by name, was impressed by Gretchen’s beauty and spirit. He approached Greta and gave her a choice, she could become one of his wives, or the slaver could have his way with her.

Greta was terrified and outraged, but the sheik’s way offered a future and a chance for later revenge, the slave master offered only pain, humiliation, and a lingering death.

Greta accepted Hashabdul ‘s offer, and became something of an anomaly in the Bedouin culture, a Christian wife of a Muslim sheik. After reconciling herself to the reality of her situation she decided that God had put her here for a reason and that was to convert the heathen from within. She approached the politics of polygamy with great strategic aplomb and worked her way into the position of first-wife, a status cemented by her auspicious delivery of paternal twins, Sihn'ba and her brother Al'ahim.

Sihn'ba grew up during the decline and collapse of the Ottoman empire, and the subsequent partition of the middle east by the French and the British. She learned to worship the Allah, but her mother told her and her brother of Christ, and she came to believe that both religions were essentially the same. Her bother Al'ahim, had a harder time excepting the differences between the literal texts and rejected his mother's religion.

Even as Sihn-ba learned meek domesticity, her mother taught her deep ambition and intellectual freedom. She grew up speaking Arabic, German, Greek, and Latin. She learned to cook and to clean, but she also learned to read and write. Most of all she loved to dance, and she had a natural talent for it that was almost unearthly.

After the collapse of the the Ottoman empire, the territories in Messopotamia and the Arabian Subcontinent became fractous. Feuds that had been supressed by the Turks woke up and boiled over and the region quickly divided itself into several dozen belligerent principalities.

Eventually Sihn-ba's beauty--cinnamon skin, jet black hair, and violet eyes--and superlative grace attracted the attention of one of the local sultan's advisors, the Vizier Ahkmet. who recommended she be presented as one of the sultan’s concubines. She was taken from her mother and introduced to the Sultan Amu ben Sur, who took an immediate liking to her. She was to spend one year in the harem, and if she pleased him she would be given one night with him in the hopes to conceive a child. If she was successful and Allah willed it, she would become his wife, otherwise she would be given to one of his viziers to be his concubine.

It was the best shot at influence Sihn’ba would ever have, and she pounced on it eagerly. She made such a good impression on her first night of dancing that she became the subject of a wager.

The art of mechanized warfare having been perfected, the use of the swords and horses was falling out of favor, and the sultan’s old master of the horse Hakhim Asmet was fighting a loosing battle against a foereign interloper Joshua Khain, who promised to bring Abu ben Sur to regional prominence through the import of tanks, artillary and guns..

“Swords are relics of the past,” said Joshua Kahin contemptuously. “And so are you.”

Hakhim replied, “Guns are noisy toys used by imbeciles without any skills. A skilled man needs no gun.”

“If a man has a gun it makes no difference how much skill his target has. And why waste years of a man’s life training him in a useless art anyway when in ten minutes you can train the same man to use a gun and then let him get about his business until you need him.”

“Because a man who learns the way of the sword learns other things as well, honor, integrity, respect.”

“None of which win battles. With a gun even a woman could beat a trained swordsman. Would you care to wager one of your swordsmen against a girl with a rifle. Even sweet young Sihn’ba here would overmatch your best.”

Hakhim was outraged, “I could train that girl to beat your best rifleman with a sword.”

The sultan, overhearing this and getting weary of the debate, said, “So let it be. You have one year to train Sihn’ba to face off against a rifleman…”

The year was pure agony for Sihn’ba, she was an apt pupil, but she was she was being asked to master a decades worth of training in a single year. Hakhim was ferocious with her, knowing his political future was on the line, but in time even he learned to respect her determination and burgeoning skill. She combined dancing with sword play so flawlessly that she became a blossom of steel. By the ninth month he was teaching her secret and mystical techniques passed down from past ages. She absorbed them all like a sponge.

... and then it all fell apart.

The night before her trial by fire, a courtier from a neighboring emirate was found dead of poison. Sihn'ba was the last person to see him alive, she had been serving him dinner between her training sessions. She didn't poison him; she'd tasted his food herself, but no one believed her. Before she really knew what was going on, her own father was promising the sultan's that she'd be executed. She was chained to a stake to await execution by stoning at sunrise.

In the dead of the night, her mother came to her and listened to her version of events. Her mother set her free and told her to run...

Sihn'ba has been running ever since. Her skills as a cook and a dancer have allowed her to get by, but her brother is pursing her, intent on taking her life to avenge the dishonor she represents to her family.

Sihn’ba

Val Char Cost

13 STR 03

23 DEX 39

18 CON 16

12 BDY 04

13 INT 03

11 EGO 02

15 PRE 05

20 COM 05

5 PD 02

5 ED 01

5 SPD 17

7 REC 00

36 END 00

30 STN 02

Cost Talent

3 Ambidextrous

3 Combat Sense

(6) <105>

Cost Skill

3 Linguist

0 Arabic

3 German

3 Greek

3 Latin

3 English

3 Turkish

2 PS: Cooking 11-

8 PS: Dancing (DEX) 19-

3 Survival 11-

3 AK: Desert (INT) 12-

3 Stealth (DEX) 14-

5 Acrobatics (DEX) 15-

3 High Society (PRE) 12-

3 Seduction (PRE) 12-

3 KS: Occult (INT) 12-

(51) <156>

3 Legsweep

4 Flying Dodge

3 Disarm

3 Martial Parry (Martial Block)

1 Weapon Class: Swords

(14) <176>

22 Multipower: <45> OAF Swords.

1 Dance of Shadows: Desolid <40> Only makes immune to HTH attacks, cannot pass through walls etc. (–1). Character must have room to move (-¼)

2 Whirling Dervish: 1.5d6 HKA <22>AOE rds. Reduced Area, Selective (+1)

2 Blade Barrier: Missile Deflection-Bullets. +7 to OCV <29> Deflect Adjacent +½

2 Soul Strike: 2D6 HKA <30> effects desolids +½

1 Carving my initials in your shirt: 2d6 PRE transfer to PRE <30>

(30)<200>

200 Total Cost

Points Disads

05 Distinctive features, stunning and exotic (you don’t forget her face)

20 Hunted: Her Own Brother: As Powerful, better resources. Wants to kill. 14-

15 Hunted: Whoever framed her in the first place.

15 Honorable: Won’t break her word: Common Strong.

05 Opinionated: Uncommon.

10 Destitute: Moving from job to transient job on the run.

75 Disads

NightStrike

Lincoln McCoy grew up in a happy, but poor family. Lincoln's father was a police officer who struggled for years to try and get by. Long hours on the beat led Lincoln to a lonely childhood and he never could develop friends. He was an outcast. It was during this time that Lincoln realized that he was special. He had special talents and abilities. He was faster, stronger and quicker than the other kids. It was one more thing for him to hide. He hid behind a smart mouth and a knack to get into trouble.

The only time he felt complete was when he would crowd around the radio listening to the popular radio serial NightStrike. NightStrike was a dark, violent vigilante who would fight crime on the streets with his two-fists and his bravery. Lincoln's father hated the show. He said it was a slap in the face of true law enforcement. This was one more thing to create distance between them.

Seventeen year old Lincoln was coming home one night from work when he heard a group of street punks attacking a woman. Without thinking, Lincoln threw himself into the mix. Lincoln was able to chase the punks off and help the woman. This was a rush. He was finally alive.

Lincoln decided that he would adopt his idol's identity and he would become a real life NightStrike. Hiding the secret from his parents and continuing his battle on the streets, Lincoln turned 18 and left home to Strike out on his own.

Doc Shock, aka Daniel Saint

[size="2"][font="Courier New"]VAL CHAR Cost Roll Notes
35 Str   25  16-  Lift 3200 kg; 7d6 [3]
14 Dex   12  12-  OCV: 5 / DCV: 5
23 Con   26  14-
10 Body   -  11-
38 Int   28  17-  PER Roll: 17-
10 Ego    -  11-  ECV: 3
13 Pre    3  12-  PRE Attack: 2.5d6
10 Com    -  11-
 7  PD    -       Total 12(5)
 5  ED    -       Total 10(5)
 4 SPD   16       Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12
12 REC    -
40 END   -3
40 STUN   -
---
107 Total Characteristics

5 Eidetic Memory
 3 Lightning Calculator
 4 10x Speed Reading
---
12 Total Talents

3 12- Breakfall
 3 17- Criminology
 3 17- Deduction
 3 17- Electronics
 3 17- Paramedic
 1  8- PS: Marine Electrician
 - 11- PS: Investigative Reporter (EM)
 3 12- Shadowing
 3 12- Streetwise
---
22 Total Skills

15 5 rPD / 5 rED Armor "Subterran Physiology" 15 [-]
 3 10x Microscopic Vision "Subterran Senses" 3 [-]
10 N-Ray Vision "Subterran Hypersenses" 10 [-]
 3 +6 Telescopic Hearing "Subterran Senses" 3 [-]
13 1 Body/Turn Regeneration "Subterran Metabolism" 35 [0]
15 +5" +x2 Noncombat Running "Subterran Speed" 15 [3]
---
59 Total Powers
---
200 Total Hero

125 + Disadvantages
 5 DF: Subterran Physiology (only detected by unusual senses)
 5 DNPC: Malcolm Malloy
10 Hunted: Atlanteans, Corrupt Police, Organized Crime, Shipping Magnates, Stooge Unions
15 Curious/Quest for Truth
 5 Deceptiveness
15 Quest for Justice
 5 Reputation: Doc Shock, two-fisted crime-buster; Daniel Saint, activist journalist
15 SID: Nick Jones, marine electrician's apprentice
---
75 Total Disadvantages[/font][/size]

Background

A war wages deep beneath the surface of the Earth. Two factions vie for control of the advanced and ancient subterranean branch of humanity under the Corridan Empire. This will have nothing whatever to do with our story.

Fishermen haul a net heavy with fish aboard an Atlantic seagoing vessel, and miraculously an infant boy is found among the catch, alive and well. The kindly fishermen manage somehow to keep the child alive until he can be transferred to a larger vessel heading for port.

The child, called Nicholas for the patron of sailors, is placed in a local orphanage. He is raised strictly by the religious order that runs the place, and regarded as a bad influence and poor student for asking difficult questions. Nick is sent out to work on the docks at as early an age as the law allowed, eleven, and is fending for himself by twelve.

Lacey Long, activist reporter, begins snooping around, appalled by the deplorable working conditions on the docks. She starts a series of articles revealing the dirt on shippers, corrupt officials, and the inroads organized crime is making to break the legitimate union and supplant it with a stooge union of their own. Long has a source who apparently hears everything going on, and Long's stories threaten to shake the docks down to their foundations before she is found beaten to death, floating in the harbor.

A new writer, one with a vindictive and darker tone, begins sending in stories, anonymously, using the pen name 'Daniel Saint'. His writing style begins unsteady and ill-schooled -- which is not uncommon for crime-writers of the time, but his skill quickly improves. At the same time, a series of unsolved beatings of mobsters, stooges, and strong-arm types associated with corrupt "shape-up" hiring practices on the docks begins.

Nick Jones, junior longshoreman -- a so-called "palette-monkey" for the dangerous work these generally child workers do clinging to palettes as they are hoisted high over ships, saves the life of marine electrician Malcolm Malloy in an industrial accident by lifting a two ton crate off the electrician. In gratitude, young Jones is availed the rare opportunity to become the man's apprentice, an opportunity usually reserved only for family members in the nepotism-based skilled trade system.

'Doc Shock' is revealed to be what the figure behind the beatings on the docks calls himself. Police -- infiltrated and influenced by corruption at all levels -- are after the vigilante, so too are the mob, the union, legbreakers hired by shipping magnates. No one knows who Doc Shock really is, though by all accounts this menacing man sounds extremely educated and refined, and is reportedly incredibly strong and tough.

A war wages on the docks, as truth is leaked to the press by an anonymous investigator, justice is delivered by the fists of a masked man, and crime goes mad trying to strike back at its elusive enemies.

Only Nick Jones, Lacey Long's source and friend, knows Daniel Saint really is Doc Shock. After all, Nick Jones is Daniel Saint.

Powers

Nick Jones' subterran physiology and metabolism, raised in the energy of the surface sun's light, gives him the strength of thirty men, toughened flesh, exceptional speed, phenomenal regenerative abilities and enhanced senses developed to see and hear through solid rock and discern tiny fractures and traces necessary for humans to evolve below the surface for half a million years.

Subterran psychology is also differently evolved from surface humanity's. More inquisitive, more deceptive, more complex, Nick's byzantine mind instantly sees into intricacies normal men cannot delve. His inherited obsessive focus was bent by his early upbringing on surface concepts of truth and justice, harsh and unyielding. Though he does know mercy, he knows it in a different, twistier, way than surface dwellers do.

As a palette monkey, Nick's first job was to control the touchdown of cargo, to break its fall as it was hoisted into ships' holds. It's tough work, almost always done by agile and expendable child laborers, since sometimes palette monkey's slip, and if they don't get out of the way, they get crushed under huge crates. Seeing the injustice and covert corruption of the docks with a unique level of penetration, even as a child laborer, young Nick Jones decided to do something about it.

That was when he became Lacey Long's sidekick, her Wharf Rat. He provided her with leads, information, insights, while she schooled him in not getting caught, and a bit about what an investigative reporter does. From the upper-class activist, Wharf Rat learned there was more to the world, to life, than his narrow experience had shown him. She lent him books, and spoke to him about suffrage, equality, a better future.

Her beating death at the hands of shipping industry legbreakers -- whose goons, Nick has not yet discovered, but he vows he will -- deeply affected the young crimefighter, who had eked out a narrow existence on the harsh docks up until meeting Lacey Long alone, orphaned and with few who he could call friend, and none he could trust. Long's will left Nick her cozy flat, fully paid for, her extensive library, and her typewriter. Lacey's books covered every topic a crime journalist could want, from abnormal psychology thru forensic medicine to warfare.. And with his subterran brain, Nick immersed himself in her life of the mind, and so was Daniel Saint born, the dark stranger of dockside crime writing.

To write, Saint must still research. For research, there was no better cover than unremarkable Nick Jones. No longer the Wharf Rat, coming into some measure of his adult strength, Jones almost blew his cover rescuing Malcolm Malloy. Malloy was a union activist, a resistor of the stooge unions being forced into the docks by its corrupt magnates and their organized crime cronies. The marine electrician's 'accident' was a trap laid by people he was starting to antagonize too much. If the semi-conscious Malloy saw Jones lift the two-ton crate, or walk through fire, he's never told another soul. He has taken the stevedore on as apprentice, a considerable step up in the world for an 'unschooled' orphan boy.

It was from Malloy that Jones got the idea to call himself Doc Shock -- "whot someone oughto feed 'em thugs to; dock shocks."

Jones is unaware that Atlanteans have found the tiny tunneling tube bearing the markings of their ancient Subterran enemies, and are now trying to trail the babe it carried to the surface. Jones is unaware of Atlanteans at all, or of Subterrans, or that the tube bears information only Nick's unique somatic signature can unlock, information that explains the Destiny of its occupant, the last scion of the Corridan empire.

Influences

Batman, Doc Savage, Dock Walloper, Grendel, Journey to the Center of the Earth, On The Waterfront, Sherlock Holmes, Superman

The Bluesman was a no-go.

So, I present: Heinrik 'Hank' Meuller.

Born in Frankfurt, Germany, Heinrik joined the Kaiser's Army at an early age and had seen action two days after bootcamp. He served in many capacities all up and down the line, from an infantryman to messager, to mechanic. Heinrik learned many things while serving, not the least of which was loyalty to the man on either side of you.

As things went from bad to worse for the Kaiser, one such friend since bootcamp, Jan Lowenstien, was revealed to be jewish. The company Stabsfeldwebel (First Sergent equivialnt, I believe) started giving Jan the suicide assignments. Heinrik defended his friend as much as he could, even going on assignment with Jan.

One such assignment had the pair performing a reconisance of British defenses. They got tangled up in the wire as they were trying to leave just when German Artillery units started shelling the area due to some bad intel. Miraculously, Heinrik survived with only a mild concussion and a ringing in his ears. Jan wasn't so lucky.

Heinrik was shipped back to his native Frankfurt for rest and recuperation. As History tells, Germany lost The Great War and was forced to endure many hardships over the next several years.

Heinrik visited Jan's family to tell them what happened to him. It was revealed that Jan's parents were told that he was killed while trying to desert. Heinrik was also told that the Lowenstiens were leaving Germany as they have been recieving threats from members of the newly formed National Socialist Party, which is slowly gathering the support of the German people.

Embittered by what he see his native land becoming, Heinrik leaves Europe for The United States in a hope to start fresh in a new land.

After a few years of hard work and naturalization, Heinrik, now Hank, lives in San Francisco. He went to school and got a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Aeronautics. Hank had befriended a fellow immigrant by the name Tasuba Yamata, who moved from Japan to get away from the rising militant bent of Japan. Tasuba taught Hank the ways of Karate while Hank taught him English.

(hmmm...) As Hank was working on a new design, lightweight engine that can be adapted to ground, sea and air vehichles, he was approached by man who claimed to represent an aviation company back east. "Jerricks Engineering has heard of your design, Mr. Meuller, and would like to help you build it."

The man, who called himself Ernest Martin, gave Hank money to set up shop. Hank went to work, completing the design and built a prototype that was put into an old Ford. The tests went off without a hitch and Jerricks took the design and went into production with it.

Thrilled that he came up with something that could benefit people, Hank went over to Tasuba's home to celebrate his good fortune. As the two were sharing their thirteenth drink, a group of masked men break in and try to murder Hank and Tasuba.....

Ok, I ran out of steam. I'll try to salvage this and try again over the next few days. I know it's all over the place and lacks some pacing, but what do you all think so far?

Any more interested parties wanting to apply?

I was going to keep accepting apps up until the 10th, but if no one else is interested I might wrap it up early.

If you are interested, but don't have the time right now, just post saying so, so I'll know to wait.

I'm in no rush here so I don't mind waiting, but if no other apps are coming in then we can move on with character creation.

Still working through it. I'm half tempted to just rip-off Randall Irons from the Sidekick book, beef him up with the extra points and call it a day :). I'm kinda suffering from being busy, lack of experience with Hero character creation, and Options overload, (The brain-farts aren't helping either...)

I think I got it:

Hank Meuller

Val	Char	Cost
15	STR	5
15	DEX	15
18	CON	16
12	BODY	4
14	INT	4
14	EGO	8
13	PRE	3
12	COM	1

6	PD	3
6	ED	2
4	SPD	15
8	REC	2
36	END	0
29	STUN	0

6"	RUN	0
2"	SWIM	0
3"	LEAP	0
Characteristics Cost: 78

Cost	Martial Arts Maneuver
4	Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 5d6 Strike
4	Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3	Martial Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on
5	Offensive Strike:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 16

Cost	Skill
5	Accurate Sprayfire
5	Breakfall 13-
3	Climbing 12-
7	Combat Driving 14-
15	Combat Piloting 18-
5	Concealment 13-
5	Fast Draw 13-
2	Forgery (Documents) 12-
4	Language 'English' (idiomatic)
0	Language 'German-native language'(idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3	Mechanics 12-
10	Navigation (Air) 16-
3	Shadowing 12-
3	Stealth 12-
3	Streetwise 12-
2	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 12-
2	TF:  Combat Aircraft, Large Planes, Small Planes
3	WF:  Small Arms, Blades, Unarmed Combat
10	+2 with Ranged Combat
Skills Cost: 90

Cost	Perk
16	Vehicles 
Perks Cost: 16

Total Character Cost: 200

Pts.	Disadvantage
25	Hunted:  Oberstleutnant Josef  11- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
20	Hunted:  Hakhim Asmet 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Foil Nazis whenever possible (Uncommon, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Never reneg on a contract (Common, Strong)
5	Rivalry:  Professional (Yankee Joe's Air Frieght), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
Disadvantage Points: 75
Base Points: 125
Experience Required: 0
Total Experience Available: 0
Experience Unspent: 0

Background

Hienrik was born in Frankfurt, GE. He served with distinction in the Kaiser's Army, but was sent home to recuperate after surviving a friendly artillery fire. After the War, Germany was in shambles, which proved to a fertile ground for the growing Nation Socialist Party spread their doctrine of hate. Hienrik, who never bought into anti- semitism, secretly helped many jewish families leave Germany. He was soon marked as an Enemy to the State and was hunted by Members of SS, led by an ambitious Hauptman by the name of Joseph Amsel.

Hienrik managed to escape Germany and immigrated to the US. After a few years, Hienrik(now going by the name of Hank), lives in San Francisco and works as a freelance Troubleshooter and pilot(having learned how to fly in the Great War). He owns a light cargo plane he affectionately calls 'Olga' after his mother.

He has flown Olga all over the world, ferrying goods and people to many destinations. He occasionaly runs into Nazis in Europe and the Middle-East and invariably gets involved to stop them. Once or twice, he has run into Amsel, now a SS Oberstleutnant (LTC). Due to Hank's meddling, Amsel has sworn to hunt him down and bring him to (Nazi) Justice

Hank later earned the wrath of Hakhim Asmet for assisting a young woman by the name of Shin'ba (I did this help establish a story between characters, Let me know if this ok)

Powers

Hank doesn't have any powers, but he is a highly skilled pilot, mechanic, and brawler. He'll rely on fire-arms and his fists in a fight.

"I'm no longer German, so you can take de Fatherland and and shove it where the sun don't shine."

Influences

Tailspin, The story of the Underground Railroad and Freedom fighters

Nice, Sweeper.

As you can see from Doc Shock, Pulp isn't my usual style and I've got a lot to learn about the genre.

Hank could certainly school Doc in the finer points of adventure.

I decided to forgo Powers as I'm still indecisive about powers,( as seen with Riff).

I've only played one pulp game before myself, and that was for only one session. :) But I do remember that maybe one in every bunch of pulp characters had any kind of powers. The Shadow is the only one that comes to mind and he had only one power. The rest were like Indiana Jones and Jake Cutter (From Tales of the Golden Monkey). So, enter Hank. :)