Moorcock's Eternal Champion

C-Note

Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion has many different incarnations across the Multiverse: Elric, Hawkmoon, Corum, Erekosë, John Daker, Jerry Cornelius, etc.

How would you design something like this in Hero?  Multiform and Extra-Dimensional Movement with No Conscious Control?  Completely separate and unconnected characters? Something else in between?

It has been a long time since I picked up the books or rpg but as I recall the eternal champion is a possessing entity with its own agenda. I've got to agree. It is an entirely different build with no skill or attribute over lap. Just some memory transference. You jump from 25 point normal human to 250+ near God like being.

Yeah, the few times where multiple Champions were in the same place at the same time were to battle against multiverse-threatening entities* and even then the fates wouldn't risk more than 4 ECs in the same place at the same time for fear of sundering reality (which would kind of defeat the purpose of the EC).  So, really, the EC spirit is just SFX for having different but linked characters in different campaigns.

* Seems like there's the seed of a con scenario in this...