Comics Champions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

Sketchpad Studio Supremor

• 4,266 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

I would love to see a Guardians Sourcebook akin to the Strikeforce one.

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
GM, Midnight Legion Gaming Club | Lead Designer, Sketchpad Studio

#22 Tasha

Tasha

Mac Goddess

• 5,102 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

I understand that a Guardians Sourcebook would be difficult. One thing would be talking George MacDonald to write the thing. Also getting the IP rights to all of the PCs could be difficult as well as the original artwork (IIRC Mark Williams has passed away).

#23 Armitage

Armitage

Miskatonic U. Librarian

• 1,354 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

There were a few old issues of Adventurer's Club that mentioned a Guardians sourcebook was being worked on, but it never materialized.

• GM Joe likes this

#24 Christopher R Taylor

Christopher R Taylor

Hoopty Dude

• 6,054 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Here's what I was going to do: a 5-part limited series featuring each character in a spotlight, introducing them

for example, Defender was first, he takes control over an ancient magical book, which Dr destroyer takes from him.

Then Jaguar, who is undercover investigating Viper for Defender (remember, he's a PI that doesn't like to turn into the cat, only does it in emergencies).

Then Solitaire's escape from the sorcerers she was under, etc

each one has an interesting story I was going to weave together and into the Champions Universe, then bring them together to stop a plot involving DEMON and Dr Destroyer working together (and against each other, naturally all the betrayal, etc) which binds the team together into one unit of Champions of earth.

Then the regular comic starts up with several story lines from the intro being the start of the run.  Each comic theoretically was going to feature at least one character's disad, as part of the main storyline.  I very much preferred the 4th edition version of the characters, but these days we'd kinda have to do the remade ones.

Author of novels Life Unworthy, Old Habits, and Snowberry's veil, available in print and ebook

Also author of Hero Games licensed products:

The Lost Castle

The Fantasy Codex

Jolrhos Bestiary
Two Kings Keep

Elenthar's Tower

The Kestrel Arts webpage: art, books, free downloads, and more                               Kestrel Arts on Twitter                           Kestrel Arts on Facebook

#25 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:53 AM

There were a few old issues of Adventurer's Club that mentioned a Guardians sourcebook was being worked on, but it never materialized.

Yup. I figured that was one of the books planned for one of the unused 3e product numbers. They'd say George was working on it, but nothing ever appeared, alas. :(

GMing since 1982.

#26 BoloOfEarth

BoloOfEarth

Smell? It Sphinx!

• 10,672 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

(IIRC Mark Williams has passed away).

Yep.  He died at 38.  (heavy sigh)

http://variety.com/1...ams-1117882447/

• aylwin13, Sketchpad and Tasha like this

"Sometimes getting PCs together is like herding kittens...nuclear powered kittens at that." - phoenix240

"The Internet. It's like an idiot assembly plant." - Lawnmower Boy

#27 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Yep.  He died at 38.  (heavy sigh)

http://variety.com/1...ams-1117882447/

Wow, that's terrible. He gave early HERO the look it had -- a look that I'm fond of to this day. It's sad that he died, and so young!

• aylwin13 likes this

GMing since 1982.

#28 Christopher R Taylor

Christopher R Taylor

Hoopty Dude

• 6,054 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

I was never a fan of his art, but like Eroll Otus, how much I liked it was secondary to its impact and style in shaping Champions and its impact.  Sad to hear of him dying so young.

Author of novels Life Unworthy, Old Habits, and Snowberry's veil, available in print and ebook

Also author of Hero Games licensed products:

The Lost Castle

The Fantasy Codex

Jolrhos Bestiary
Two Kings Keep

Elenthar's Tower

The Kestrel Arts webpage: art, books, free downloads, and more                               Kestrel Arts on Twitter                           Kestrel Arts on Facebook

#29 Tasha

Tasha

Mac Goddess

• 5,102 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:30 PM

I hear that his artwork grew by leaps and bounds as he matured. That he drew much better than he did on those old Hero Games products. It's sad that he died

#30 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

Sketchpad Studio Supremor

• 4,266 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

I understand that a Guardians Sourcebook would be difficult. One thing would be talking George MacDonald to write the thing. Also getting the IP rights to all of the PCs could be difficult as well as the original artwork (IIRC Mark Williams has passed away).

It's a shame really. I wonder what MacDonald's notes might look like for the campaign? 

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
GM, Midnight Legion Gaming Club | Lead Designer, Sketchpad Studio

#31 Tasha

Tasha

Mac Goddess

• 5,102 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

Depends on how he ran games. Some GM's don't keep notes some do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comics, Champions