Updated version of Flare

fdw3773

This is my interpretation/updated version of the character Flare introduced in the League of Champions comic book series decades ago and featured in the cover art of various early Champions RPG books. Special thanks to Hero forum members pblemguy for referring me to the post where fan contributors worked on the character write-ups of these "old-school" characters and Cassandra, since her write-up of Flare served as my starting point. 🙂

She is at 425 points, which is the equivalent of what I would refer to as an, "Experienced" version in terms of the HeroClix frame of reference (i.e. Rookie, Experienced, Veteran).

Flare for Hero System 6th Edition

14 hours ago, steriaca said:

Looks ok. You forgotten her flaw of rapid aging unless they cured it somehow. 

I wasn't aware of a rapid aging complication. Based on the few issues of Flare that I was able to find, there was no mention of that flaw. The issues I had tended to be more lighthearted in tone such as featuring Flare showing off her new costume (dark blue and white) to the paparazzi at a public event. From there, she experienced wardrobe malfunctions against the Dash where her ample cleavage kept spilling out with the cleverly illustrated "poit" sound effect covering the sensitive areas that kept it in the main comics display and not the adults only section. 🙂

Off hand, my guess is that it was cured in a previous story arc in the League of Champions series.

The Hero Designer File is included, so anyone using it is more than welcome to modify it to suit their campaign by increasing or decreasing her power levels, add additional complications, and so on.

1 hour ago, Amorkca said:

Where did you get the output file?  Is it just a Word document? or somesuch?

I think you've given her German language as her freebie, shouldn't she have to pay for English?

The output file was a Microsoft Word document that I created and then converted to an Adobe PDF. When I previously printed off the Adobe PDF output from Hero Designer, the character sheets were difficult to read for the players, so I went with a more simplified format.

Yes, since German is a freebie because it's her native language, Hero points should have been spent for English, an error on my part. The Hero Designer File was included in case others wanted to modify it further.