Immune to humor

Guest Kolava

Player: (giggling) "I cast a gender changing spell on Martok!" (rolls Transform dice after the GM checks the VPP arrangement)

Player2 (joining in the giggling) "Yeah, and I teleport a tutu onto him"

Martok: (immune) "Go bother someone else"

How would you build the stern character, assuming this sort of thing comes up in your game, who is resistant to silliness?

I'm speaking of the traditional "silent but deadly monk vampire" sort of thing, the kind of character who would be written out of the scene by any compotent writer who wanted to create comic relief.

But, since games with humorous characters are not usualy blessed with this sort of coordination, couldn't we have a "humor" resistance power?

Perhaps Luck to avoid the situations, or Power Resistance (only against humorous SFX) to avoid Transforms and such.

I realise this might seem elaborate, or that the solution should be to talk to the GM and see how much silliness would be tolerated anyway, but I've always admired Hero's versitility, and would like to see how others would write this up.

What would be the SFX for resistance?

The one I can imagine is a conscious desire not to be so humiliated that is so strong it manifests as physical resistances. Basically high defenses, limitation "only against silliness". As GM you might want to build it as a -2 or similarly very high lim.

Of course if it's a villain it can just be a plot thing and you needn't worry about writing it up "for real".

Imagine a player trying to humiliate the villian but inexplicably failing. After complaining to the GM, they show him the "humor resistance" power. That would shut up him up for a while.

Have your very stern, humorless character kick the living $*@( out of the people who tried to humiliate him. They usually won't try it again. Last time I tried a truly humorless character (personality modelled after DBZ's resident emotionally constipated fighter, Piccolo), in-character, I figured that's what he'd do, so he did it. No BODY damage done, of course, but I did smack him from one end of the base to the other.

The other option, assuming it's PC to PC, is to go out of game and tell them, "Guys, it isn't funny, it isn't appropriate, and I would appreciate it if you would treat me and my character with a little more respect than that."

If it's PC to Villain, though, DEFINITELY consider that PC to have painted a giant bullseye on his chest. One simply does not pants Dr. Destroyer without repercussions.