Space Cops

Clonus

5 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

I don't recall the Galaxy Trio interacting with Space Ghost, but the Ghost did cross over with the Herculoids, so a sci-fi future setting shared by all those heroes would not be improbable.

The Trio never crossed with Space Ghost back in the day, but their (arguably inferior) imitations the Teen Force certainly did, and on the same Space Stars show as the Herculoids segments you mentioned.  So those three are canonically part of the same setting.

Rather liked the Galaxy Trio when I was a kid.  No sidekicks, kids or pets made a refreshing change of pace and gave the three actual heroes more screen time. 

No argument from me that Teen Force were inferior imitations of the Galaxy Trio. I never understood why H-B didn't just bring back the Trio if they were going to revive their Sixties space heroes. But the "Space Stars" series overall lacked the freshness and energy of the original series IMHO. It felt like they were trying too hard to give it an overall comic-book feel, rather than playing to the distinctive styles of each of their properties.

Space Ghost actually met with the Herculoids during his second season in the Sixties, which featured the ongoing plot of a cabal of the Ghost's enemies trying to destroy him, the "Council of Doom." During that season Space Ghost had several crossover episodes with other H-B heroes, including a trip to prehistory where he was aided by Mightor, and being thrown into the realms of magic and encountering Shazzan.

Edited by Lord Liaden
Not enough Zs in "Shazzan."

20 minutes ago, Rich McGee said:

Rather liked the Galaxy Trio when I was a kid.  No sidekicks, kids or pets made a refreshing change of pace and gave the three actual heroes more screen time. 

The Galaxy Trio left me with the very strong impression of the Fantastic Four in space. Their powers and personalities displayed a number of similarities. And yes, unlike the other H-B heroes with their junior sidekicks and pets, the Trio were a true superhero team, working together as equal partners to defeat their enemies.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

The Galaxy Trio left me with the very strong impression of the Fantastic Four in space. Their powers and personalities displayed a number of similarities. And yes, unlike the other H-B heroes with their junior sidekicks and pets, the Trio were a true superhero team, working together as equal partners to defeat their enemies.

Didn't hurt that they were probably a creation of Alex Toth (who definitely made Birdman, who they shared a half-hour slot with) - I can see some slight similarities between the trio and Space Angel, another of his works that revolved around a MMF crew, even if they were powerless.  Also unusual for the amount of continuity over the twenty episodes - there are two villains that recur twice, and each the trio run into other members of their respective alien species at one point or another.  That's pretty good for early HB supers, honestly.

1 hour ago, Grailknight said:

Dirty Pair is high tech James Bond...

Hey now, surely you mean the Lovely Angels there.  The gals would be very disappointed to hear you calling them by that name.  :)

Have to credit them with my lasting fondness for Adam Warren's work over the years.

Edited by Rich McGee