Superhero Showdown #6: Deathstroke v. Wolverine

Guest Hunter1

Guest Hunter1

Deathstroke the Terminator

aka Slade Wilson

Powers: a serum he received in the army gave him enhanced physical and mental abiltites; he uses 90% of his brain capacity; he can regenerate after being hurt; he is immortal.

He carries various weapons and he has an infrared eye (to replace his missing eye).

Skills: he is an expert in the martial arts, weapons, and assassination.

Also, he is a tough SOB.

Wolverine

aka Logan

Powers: he is a mutant with regeneration powers. He can grow back lost limbs if need be. Read the recent Punisher comics for graphic depictions. His skeleton had been lined with admanatium (I know I didn't spell it right). He has unbreakable claws that come out of his hands.

Skills: an expert martial artist; I have seen him use weapons, but normally he just uses his claws; speaks fluent Japanese.

Also, he is a tough SOB.

Conclusion: It's a draw. I see the battle much like the Punisher/Wolverine fights. Slade would get really hurt, but he would use some kind of bomb to blow up Wolverine. Of course, Logan would regenerate and come after him at a lter date. However, if Wolverine impaled Slade and he died, he would just regenerate and come back to life. Either way, I see these two killing each other, and then coming back for more.

Guest Hunter1

Krissy,

According to the comic I read, it stated that most normal humans only use 5% of their brain capacity. I do not know the science behind it, but it makes sense that most normals only use a fraction of their brain power.

Hunter

Who would win

I thought this was already settled in a Marvel / D.C. cross over comic where the heros were the TEEN Titans and the X-Men, bad guys, of course being Terminator, "Slade Wilson", as well as Dark Seed [yes spelled it wrong] and Dark Pheniox [so sue me about my friggin spellin ]

In one section of the book Wolverine snuck up, YES SNUCK UP ON!! Terminator. He did it with style by tapping him on the shoulder saying "He bub, got a match", Slade oblidged by saying "Sure, you ought to be proud of yourself, no one has ever snuck up on me before, you are the first. What I missed?" wolverine dodged Terminator's first swing and connected with Terminator's chin, saying "To bad, I didn't".

I believe Logan would win the initial encounter, plus even if Slade recovers, Wolverine, with his heighten sence of smell would be able to find Terminator again and again and again. I am unaware if Terminator has any such abilities.

Originally posted by Hunter1

According to the comic I read, it stated that most normal humans only use 5% of their brain capacity. I do not know the science behind it, but it makes sense that most normals only use a fraction of their brain power.

There is no science behind it, because it's simply not true, althought people like Paris Hilton might make you wonder.

Re: Superhero Showdown #6: Deathstroke v. Wolverine

Originally posted by Hunter1

Deathstroke the Terminator

aka Slade Wilson

Powers: a serum he received in the army gave him enhanced physical and mental abiltites; he uses 90% of his brain capacity; he can regenerate after being hurt; he is immortal.

He carries various weapons and he has an infrared eye (to replace his missing eye).

Skills: he is an expert in the martial arts, weapons, and assassination.

Also, he is a tough SOB.

Wolverine

aka Logan

Powers: he is a mutant with regeneration powers. He can grow back lost limbs if need be. Read the recent Punisher comics for graphic depictions. His skeleton had been lined with admanatium (I know I didn't spell it right). He has unbreakable claws that come out of his hands.

Skills: an expert martial artist; I have seen him use weapons, but normally he just uses his claws; speaks fluent Japanese.

Also, he is a tough SOB.

Conclusion: It's a draw. I see the battle much like the Punisher/Wolverine fights. Slade would get really hurt, but he would use some kind of bomb to blow up Wolverine. Of course, Logan would regenerate and come after him at a lter date. However, if Wolverine impaled Slade and he died, he would just regenerate and come back to life. Either way, I see these two killing each other, and then coming back for more.

Go Deathstroke!

Logans been overused, and I always liked Slade. But when did they make him immortal? And give him a cybernetic eye? I read a recent bio that says he's possessed or some drek like that. Slade was a cool character, but I think they've reduced him (as they did wolverine through overuse and overhype).

I'll vote for Slade, even though as the bad guy he'd be destined to lose (although I thought he did tag wolverine in that crossover, so I don't think it was completely one-sided).

The 95% of the brain thing can also be read that he uses 95% at once, since most people only use a fraction at one time. Perhaps using more of his brain at once gives him better abilities (ie, higher PER rolls, etc). Whether that makes any more sense than having people regenerate or have metal claws.... (shrug). For comic books I'm more lenient in my judgements than my own campaigns. All the comics require a suspension of disbelief (and, more importantly, the "cool" factor - if a power is cool, why worry about the reason). Look back at the golden and silver age comics for some really hokey "reasons" for powers.

The average human being uses 10% of his brains capacity, not 5%. Most of the rest of it is taken up controling the autonomous stuff, breathing, heartbeat stuff like that.

Since he uses 90% of his brain he will be obviously smarter than the most people. The big thing wil be that he has access to all of his memories all the time, never makes the same mistake twice because he remembers perfectly what he did the first time.

As for him being immortal I think it is just an aspect of his healing factor. Most characters with a healing factor will at least live a ridiculous amount of time and most of them will live until someone manages to kill them.

Go Slade. He's always been among my favorite DC villians. It is nice to see him in the New Teen Titans. I would like to see him and Logan duke it out page after page.

Personally if Slade is involved in a crossover , what I would love is him and Taskmaster meet up, and join forces, and become a really naster training center/ occasional operatives for hire.

Originally posted by Griffonheart

The average human being uses 10% of his brains capacity, not 5%.

No. This is a widely believed myth, but it has no basis in fact.

The entirety of the brain has been mapped by neuroscientists, and each part of it has been associated with a specific function or functions. If you suffer physical damage to *any* part of the brain, you will lose some degree of brain functionality. If you suffer diffuse damage to many parts of the brain (say, if 10% of the total cells were lost, something not uncommon with degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's), you will suffer dramatic losses in mental functionality. During the course of a day, virtually 100% of a healthy brain will show activity that can be measured by fMRIs or PETs.

If a person is not using 100% of their brain, it's because part of it was damaged, or because part of it died due to disuse during development (eg in young children with severe optical damage or defects that prevent visual information from being passed to the brain will lose those neurons that govern vision, as they shut down, degenerate, and die off; given that, 90% of our brains should be *dead tissue* if the 10% myth is true).