Suggestions for Semblance (Power)

Utensil

I been running a game using Champions Complete and playing in the RWBY: Remnant universe since July 2021. Those not familiar with RWBY it is an animated series made by Rooster Teeth ... which i like to call American anime (my nephew always corrects me and says anime is only from Japan). While I been running Hero Games since 1981 on and off, thus very familiar with the rules sometimes I like input from others about a superpower or other effects. In RWBY a character's superpower is referred to as Semblance. 

A NPC i have introduced by the name Zicron has he ability to see just a tad into the future (like 4 seconds max), the power effects I figure would give him a DCV bonus, plus he has a power that can be used not very often. 

This power is Temporal Heal. Special effect is that he can hyper move and displace hits so they not deliver as much damage thus saving that person from death. Below is what i have created. 

Temporal Stimulant:  Healing STUN 7d6 (standard effect: 21 points), Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2) (122 Active Points); Time Modifier (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Requires A Roll (13- roll; -1/4), Unified Power (Temporal Simulant & Temporal Heal; -1/4)

Time Heal:  Healing BODY 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points), Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Transdimensional Time (Single Dimension; +1/2) (79 Active Points); Time Modifier (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Linked (???; -1/2), Requires A Roll (13- roll; -1/4), Unified Power (Temporal Simulant & Temporal Heal; -1/4)

The transdimensional  aspect is the four seconds he sees in the future via precognition. He has Temporal Ghosts that help effect these changes. 

Or perhaps just a trigger Heal (or other effect like damage reduction usable by others), to what he sees just fraction of second in the future. 

Figure Transdimensional  Travel to variant reality which others not take as much damage, sorta like a write up i have seen for Wish. But that not really what I had in mind for power.  

Inputs and Opinions welcome if they not line up with my original write up.

Edited by Utensil
added an additional detail

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite chars has this, (Plus more, because points) He can see 1 to 7 seconds into the future. If I was to build him with the new Hero rules...I think Combat luck, +DCV, and some speed would reflect it pretty well. Also Danger sense, and/ or Dam Reduction vs traps/explosions.....and Flash defense that does not stop the first point (Because he sees the flash in the future, and is already blinded, thus immune....

some more weird builds I use for this sort of thing +X running :Only to half move because he always "knows" where to move.  My "Old school" version was built as +8" running, a speed of 7 and a passel of defenses....now a days I would be adding "bell, And whistles"!..Lol

Zicron witness seeing one of newly made friends suffer a critical hit (natural roll of 3 on 3d6) and the player character had aready suffered bosy from other attacks. This one crit would have taken the player character to nearly triple his body (he only had the base body of 10) and his force field had already dropped from other attacks. 

The special effect is that player character remembers his head flying thru the Air and seeing his body without a head (special effect for being dead), then it did not happen as Zicron's Ghosts prevented much of the damage (Healed it, as from Zircon's point of view he just saw his friend die as he sees a few seconds into the future). I might have been better to have it defense usable by another or such ... but the Temporal Ghost able to amp auras of others (healing) so they not die ... they not able to heal the crit but was able to heal the prior damage thus allowing the player character to not be double his base body).

I still ponder if I should reinvent the Semblance/Super power.

Naturally the player character suffers nightmares of seeing his head decapitated and "flying away" from his body. 

The player never dodges, always puts all levels to hit, so is always being hit ... a lot. On the other hand that same character has killed many NPCs and Grimm (Monsters) due to auto fire killing attack. 

Sharing is Caring.