RIP Scott Bennie

assault

[Partial Repost from Facebook]

Just got the news Scott Bennie Passed away Yesterday. Hearing about this is kind of Crushing for me, because he was a friend and collaborator. We were both in Carl Rigney's immense Play By Mail/ Convention Champions game, and Scott was who I would run into at various conventions when we would game out the combats of Carl's game, but then I would see Scott in just about every other Convention Champions game, run by the "Good" GMs. We were both in the various 'zines. I think we even exchanged phone calls a few times. His villains could be very scary, not only because of their builds, but their convictions. His anti-smoking assassin was memorable. Scott had health problems that made him a rarer, and rarer presence over time, but he still continued his writing. I lost touch with him when I dropped out of gaming due to my move to Los Angeles in 2005. Very sad to hear of his passing, but now his suffering has ended.