Mental Paralysis without BOECV?

Sociotard

I have a Chi expert. I'd like to replicate the Tai Lung paralysis from Kung Fu Panda. (except my chi expert is an energy projector, so it'll have Range and a blast special effect)

I don't want BOECV because the character should use normal OCV to blast the target and the target should use normal DCV to avoid getting hit. Can I just use the advantages "takes no damage from normal attacks" and "works against EGO not STR" to get Mental Paralysis?

Related question: It'd be nice to allow skill-based attacks against the entangle. Yes, BOECV attacks should be able to attack the entangle as normal, but so should Professional Skill: Acupuncture, or maybe even Power Tricks: Chi Powers or Paramedics. Maybe make the roll, 11-, each point by which the character makes the roll does 1d6 against the entangle. Or maybe make the roll, 11- modified by the DEF of the Entangle, Success means the character subtracts their REC directly from the BODY of the Entangle, no further rolling or DEF considered. Has anyone done a mechanic like this?

One more question, EGO instead of STR is a +1/4 advantage. What would BODY instead of STR be (if I decide that BODY is a better measure of Chi as the body's vital force)? My guess is still +1/4.

What would (Lower of EGO or BODY) instead of STR be (if I decide that people can only harness as much vital force as they have will to do so)? My guess is +3/4.