New Magic Thread

Guest ahah_sef

Guest ahah_sef

Ok so if we can't get some of the old contributers, how about some new ones? If anybody out there has any magic items, spells, potions, scrolls, etc... please post them, it could be a great resource for all of us if we share! I'll start posting some of mine!

Re: Any chance...

Originally posted by Jkeown

...of getting those spells as .hdc's or .hdp's?

We'd love ya for it!

Maybe the HERO website would support a HERO Designer download area of user's home-brewed stuff?

Or do they already and I'm just clueless?

I will eventually post the files on the website. However, the Transmutation file was lost while using a beta version of HD2. I dont have the time to reenter 250 spells that I have already done once, and would rather release the files as a complete set or not at all.

A fellow that goes by the name of Traxx offered to do them for me a couple of weeks ago, but I never heard back from him so I must assume it isnt going to happen. Any other takers?

Weird and Discounted Magic Items

Coat of Many Arms

Extra Limbs - 5 Points Active

(-1/2 OIF - Coat)

3 Real Points

Fake Elf Ears

+10 COM - 5 Points Active

Language: Elvish (Native) - 4 Points Active

(-1/4 IIF - Fake Elf Ears)

7 Real Points

Boots of Skipping and Cavorting

3" Running, 0 END - 9 Points Active

(-1/4 Side Effect - Wearer skips and cavorts in a silly manner)

(-1/4 IIF - Boots)

6 Real Points

Friendship Ring

Mind Link, Psychic Bond (to matching ring in set) - 10 Points Active

(-1 Only to matching ring in set)

(-1/4 IIF - Ring)

4 Real Points (matching ring not included)

EDIT: Fixed Elf Ears

Spells for Young Mages

Special care should be given to young magicians. Their ability to cast quickly exceeds their skill and experience, to the determent to them and all those around. With this in mind, I give you spells for the beginner.

Magic Blast

Although this spell is suppose to be used to learn how to aim spells, it basically gives young mages a ranged clubbing attack.

4D6 Energy Blast (20 Active point)

-1/4 Incantations

-1/4 Gestures

-1/2 Requires a Magic Skill Roll

-1 OAF: Wand

Real Cost: 7

Summon Happy Helper

This spell calls up a small devoted impish creature that will do small chores happily. If the spell is done wrong, a mean imp will appear (75 points worth!) and break everything in sight including the mage.

Summon Devoted Imp - 1 point

+3/4 Devoted

-1/4 Incantations

-1/4 Gestures

-1/4 Side Effect: Summon Mean Imp

Real Cost: 1

Store Spell

This takes the next spell cast and stores it in a container. Opening or breaking the container releases the spell whether the mage intended to or not.

+1/4 Delayed Effect on up to 20 active points of spell (5 Active Points)

-1/4 Incantations

-1/4 Gestures

-1/2 IAF: Container

Real Cost: 2

Guest zarglif69

why do you still insist on trying to convert Greyhawk and its magic? it's just the same as any other badly-made High Fantasy world, a cobbled-together mishmash of Earth's legends and stuff stolen from Tolkein. And the magic system takes all the flavor from what magic is supposed to be, reducing it to an easily controlled, predictable tool, used by wizards who act more like scientists than the wizards they're supposed to be.

Here's some items for my campaign:

Necklace of Beauty: (Total: 67 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) +10 COM (5 Active Points); Independent (-2), IIF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) plus +4 with Persuasion and Seduction (12 Active Points); Independent (-2), IIF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Mind Control 10d6 ( Human class of minds) (50 Active Points); Independent (-2), 1 Charge (-2), No Range (-1/2), IIF (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9)

Ring of Crushing Blows: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Independent (-2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (ring glows when blows are struck; -1/2)

Hauberk of Ogre's Strength: (Total: 45 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Armor (8 PD/4 ED) (18 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2), Half Mass (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) plus +5 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus +20 STR (20 Active Points); Independent (-2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4)

Just started on some items - had to put in all the weapons and armor in FH, and translate the FHG spells.

Bloody Ritual :

7 (50) Skill Levels (8x) with all Magic Skills

(+1/4) Trigger (next casting)

(-2 1/2) OAF, Bulky, Expendable, Dangerous (Human Sacrifice)

(-1) Extra Time (5 Minutes)

(-1/2) Concentration (0 DCV)

(-1/4) Incantations

(-1/4) Gestures

(-1/2) Requires Skill Roll (Black Magic)

Quick Sketch

Gives the caster the ability to quickly sketch a viewed scene as if he was a professional artist. Great for those, it looked like this moments.

PS: Artist INT+3 (5 Active Points)

-1 Only to quickly sketch a viewed scene

-1/4 Gestures

-1/4 Incantations

(1 Real Point)

Return to Home

This gives a lost mage a better chance to find his way to where he started when he woke up that morning.

Land Navigation INT+2 (6 Active Points)

-1 Only to find his way to where he started

-1/4 Gestures

-1/4 Incantations

(2 Real Points)