Need Duck Schtick!

Vondy

Dare I suggest -

Grebe Lantern (the Duck Without Fear)?

Anaso (who mimicks the powers of every other duck you can come up with)?

Sailor Loon (if you're heading for Japan)?

and shouldn't Howard be in there somewhere?

(Anaso is, if I remember right, the Esperanto for 'duck'; maybe you could use it for your Fiacho knockoff. Actually, in Esperanto that should be 'Fiachulo' (very bad person ) but that's just me being pedantic.)

Surely Peking Duck has Clairsentience and/or N-Ray vision?

As we have Rubber Duck and Firedrake, how about No-Peeking Duck, the Invisible Woman spoof? That leaves the ever-loving blue-eyed...Ostrich.

Once, Ben Grebe was a simple mallard, happily doing whatever residents of Duckworld do. Then the accident with the cosmic rays turned him into an, an, an Ostrich? Reviled by those he tries to help, at first only his good friends and adoptive family welcome him, but he still has a heart (and liver) or pure gold.

EDIT: I'm not entirely happy with ostrich, but I wanted a strong bird, that wasn't some kind of bird of prey and ostriches are sort of odd-looking.

Guest Champsguy

Is this a duck only world? Or are there other anthropomorphic creatures running around?

Duckburg was the name of the city in Ducktales. Don't forget Count Duckula. Or the nefarious MegaDuck (Darkwing villain--think evil Batman).

Hmm... I also have decided that I don't know a lot about ducks, either. At least, not enough to do more than recite stuff from the Disney Afternoon cartoons.

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by Bengal

St Canard was the city, Duckburg was the... hmm. Country?

St. Canard was the city in Darkwing Duck. Duckburg was the city in Ducktales.

Life is like a hurr-i-cane

Here - in - Duck - burg

Race cars, lasers, air-o-planes

It's - a - duck - blur

Might solve a mystery,

Or re-write history!

Duck-tales, woo-ooh!

There's danger

Right behind you

There's a stranger

Out to find you

What to do?

Just grab on to some

Duck tales, woo-hoo!

And then the song goes on some more.

You know what's really sad? I didn't even have to look that song up. :(

IIRC, Duckburg is the creation of the late great Carl Barks who was spinning Duck Tales long before any of us were out of the shell.

How's this? When we were in college, there was a group that ran a crossover Sci-Fi game. The main villain was Drake Vader, with his legion of Quack Troops. People feared his mobile life support armor and the forbidding, terrifying sound it made:

Hhhhhhh-hhhhhhh-WAAAAUGH!

Hhhhhhh-hhhhhhh-WAAAAUGH!

Keith "Quacking up" Curtis

Originally posted by keithcurtis

IIRC, Duckburg is the creation of the late great Carl Barks who was spinning Duck Tales long before any of us were out of the shell.

Duckburg, in the State of Calisota. Right on. I'm ever surprised most Americans know so little about Barks; he was both a great artist and a great writer. I have a subscription to Uncle Scrooge, an anthological/philological magazine about early Disney comics. It's easily one of the most enjoyable comic books I get to read these times.