"A Hideous Past" (supervillain eps)

Tech

(Contains spoilers of the villains past)

I'm planning on doing a Champions episode where the supervillain, Hideous, gets healed of his past injury and stops being a supervillain. I'm going with the original version of Hideous which leaves a bigger opportunity for exploration of what happened. Off-hand, I'm thinking a supervillain was battling Lady Blue to set her up as the bad guy to cover-up what was really going on: storage of illegal chemicals. The heroes exploration will lead to the villain, having worked for a company, which does a multitude of illegal shadow operations. It could expand to Viper being behind this or a supervillain team. Still thinking on it. What's lead to this is I've had Hideous show up a few times recently and all the heroes are sympathetic to him so I figure, go with it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

A cured Hideous could always become an actor slash stunt man, being encouraged by the fact that everyone complimented him on his looks before the accident.

This would make him open to being a pawn of the Director of Crime, of course. This is assuming he kept his powers and they are not linked to his deformities.

Another role he could travel is to become a superhero with a name reflecting on his handsome "new" looks. The thing is, he isn't doing this out of wanting to help others, but to stroke his ego. It might take other heros to keep him from backsliding back into evil deeds.

As a 'handsome" villain his motivation is the complete destruction of the ugly and the enslavement of the average looking (a twist on the idea that people who look ugly have an evil soul).

Edited by Stanley Teriaca

Thoughts?

Mine?

Dude, following through on things the players _like_ in your game is, bar none, the best possible thing you can do.

If your players are sympathetic to his plight, they may very much enjoy seeing what changes this brings about in his behavior, personality, and life.

And if not- well, they will still know that you lead them through a story that they were interested in.

Go for it.

For what it'a worth, in our own games way back when, my co-GM used Hideous a bit, but on one particular occasion, a PC, attempting to distract him, removed his mask.  Turns out he was absolutely _gorgeous_ underneath.  So half the party stops and stares while he beats them senseless....

Turns out the chemicals that disfigured him also gave him regenerative powers, but made him dim-witted.  He had never noticed that hia face had completely healed.

:rofl:

So my idea is the Hideous get cured not from his disfigurement but from his problem with it.  He essentially got over it and instead decided to reform.  What actually ended up happening is he went to prison and was interviewed by the media.  This caused Lady Blue's popularity to plummet. 

LB starts getting uninvited to gala parties and her nobody is buying her action figures.  It completely falls apart when a tabloid reporter starts harassing her on the street while she is in her power suit and she accidentally hurts him.  This is the last straw and she loses her agent and starts going into debt.  When she hears about Hideous attending an outside fair she flies over and attacks him unprovoked.  Hideous tries to talk her down and it fails as she starts in about his ugliness and to have Hideous reply that she is the one being ugly.  

She then realizes that he's right and apologizes and breaks down to cry. 

6 hours ago, starblaze said:

There was a Batman TAS episode where they had an actress/model who went crazy because she thought she was no longer beautiful.  Turns out she wasn't ugly just not perfectly beautiful.

The Sentinel Comics setting (the one behind the card game, the RPG, and one extremely defunct board game) has a villain named Ambuscade who was formerly a movie star - a Jean-Claude van Damme parody - who retired because he suffered "terrible facial scarring" during a stunt ("I do all my own stunts.") gone wrong.  The "scar" is a barely noticeable nick on one cheekbone that looks like he cut himself shaving, usually covered with a band-aid.  He then became a supervillain hero-hunter mostly out of boredom.

To put it mildly, he's extremely vain.  Also very French, to the point of parody.