Energy Projector MA?

Supreme

I don't either, BUT I would probably do something like this:

BLASTER FU

5 Flying Dodge (Always helpful for Hi mobility characters)

4 Basic Shot

3 Defensive Shot

5 Far Shot

4 Ranged Disarm

4 Trip

25 Total Points

The general idea is that the blaster will attempt at all times to keep as much distance as possible, if a close combatant does close in they will use the Flying dodge to do fullm oves AWAY from the individual, till at a resonable safe distance then start using the Basic Shot, if he is having trouble at that range he will switch to the Far shot. The Defensive shot is normaly only used when traped in close quarters. The Trip and Disarm are self explanatory

Originally posted by Tech

We had to find a 'disarm at range' to satisfy a player who wanted to throw his hat at someone and disarm him. I don't think that's what you're looking for though. Can you be more specific?

I was thinking of a character like Cyclops from the "X-Men". His only real super-power is being able to fire energy beams from his eyes. So he's developed a skill whereby he can fire beams at various power levels, using various stances, that give him pluses or minuses to his combat values (the more power he focuses, the less attention he can pay to his surroundings). Basically, I want to make an energy projector who is more interesting than point-shoot, point-shoot, point-shoot, etc. I suppose I could put levels and EB into a Multipower, but levels in an MP always sounds so cheesy to me. Of course I could buy extra dice with the EB with the concentrate limitation...

Having a ranged disarm might not be a bad idea. That would be a strategically placed shot to the weapon, or weapon-hand.

For my take on Cyclops, I used a MP with different EB slots, Area Cone no range for the wide beam, Indirect for his famous bounce beam, Tunneling for cutting through walls and such, missile deflection for shooting attacks at range, stuff like that. I don't see a problem with the ranged martial arts maneuvers, it just shows a depth of skill not possessed by others. With the martial arts, I would make the character have it only with his optic blasts, he would have to by "Use w/ X" for any other ranged attack.

Supreme - Do you have UMA? There is a list of ranged maneuvers and MA's in there to use. Maybe Shurikenjutsu or Kyujutsu, or you could design your own.

This is something that I think would really happen in a world with Superpowers. Sure some people would just slug away like a red-neck in a bar-brawl. But others would really train and perfect thier technique. (Don't we see Cyclops in da movie doin' Katas) I think that you could develope a Martial art for any physical power, EB'S, TK, Stretching, RKA's etc. All MA in the real world use STR but why not EB?