First Char for Review

xgotghrrl

Hello and Happy New Year and all that stuff.

Here's my first char using the herodesigner v 2.02.

just looking for a bit of feedback and trying to find out if I left out anything of import...that sort of thing.

Thank you

Xgothgrrl

Hero ID: Wraith

Mundane: Elisabetha Bathory

Base Points: 200

Max Disad. Points: 150

Disad. Points Used: 150

Total Points Spent: 350

Characteristics

13: STR

15: DEX

15:CON

15: BODY

20: INT

20: EGO

20: PRE

20: COM

06: PD

06: ED

02: SPD

06: REC

40: END

35: STUN

06: RUNNING

02: SWIMMING

03: LEAPING

Skills

03: Bureaucratics 13-

03:Cryptography 13-

03:High Society 13-

03:Shadowing 13-

03:Sleight Of Hand 12-

03:Stealth 12-

01:WF: Chain & Rope Weapons

06:Spirit Lore: KS: Ghosts and Spirits 16-

06:divination : PS: Fortune Telling 16-

03:Linguist

00: 01) Language: Rumanian (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

03: 02) Language: Romany (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

02: 03) Language: Russian (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

02: 04) Language: Czechoslovakian (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

02: 05) Language: French (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

02: 06) Language: English (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

Perks

15: Money: Filthy Rich

Notes: Old Eastern European Royal Family

Powers

70: Ectoplasmic Attacks : Multipower, 70-point reserve

5u: Soul Shriek : Ego Attack 5 1/2d6 (standard effect: 16 STUN) ( Human class of minds), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and Spirits; +1/4) (69 Active Points); Visible (-1/4)

END: 7

7u: Spirit Bolt : Energy Blast 11d6 (standard effect: 33 STUN, 11 BODY), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and Spirits; +1/4) (69 Active Points)

7u: Spirit Chains : Entangle 5 1/2d6, 5 DEF (standard effect: 6 BODY, 5 DEF), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and Spirits; +1/4) (69 Active Points)

7u: Geist: Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation, Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and Spirits; +1/4) (69 Active Points)

7u: Apparition: Sight , Hearing and Touch Groups Images 1" radius, +/-16 to PER Rolls (68 Active Points)

7u: Spirit Whispers: Telepathy 11d6 (standard effect: 33 points) ( Human class of minds), Affects Desolidified One Special Effect of Desolidification (Ghosts and Spirits; +1/4) (69 Active Points)

20: Ectoplasmic Body Control: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

30: Wraith Form : Desolidification (affected by Magic, Mental Attacks and Spirits and Ghosts), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points)

END: 4

24: Riding the Aether: Flight 10", Position Shift, x8 Noncombat, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (44 Active Points)

END: 3

07: Life Support (Custom Adder; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (39 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works While Desoild (-2),

Disadvantages

10: Public Identity:

Notes: Royality / University Student

25: Dependent NPC: Ivanna Bathory 14- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

Notes: Little Sister (18) Club Hopping Royal and Media Darling.

10: Social Limitation: (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

Notes: Member of Bathory Family. Infamous Ancestor (Countess Bathory).

10: Social Limitation: (Occasionally, Major)

Notes: Gyspy Blooded. Reputed Romany Ties.

20: Reputation: , 14- (Extreme)

Notes: Ex-Villian. Former Member of the "Shades"

15: Rivalry: Professional and Romantic (Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware)

Notes: Poltergeist: Ex-Member of the "Shades" And Wraith former partner and lover.

15: Hunted: 14- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

Notes: Elisabetha and Ivanna are both constantly pursued and hounded by Media Pavaratzi.

20: Hunted: 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

Notes: Knight Artificers of Stygia - Spirit Warriors of the Jade Lord of Stygia.

25: Psychological Limitation: (Very Common, Total)

Notes: Elisabetha must maintain constant emotional control and detachment or suffer backlash of pathos from the use of her powers.

Re: First Char for Review

Originally posted by xgotghrrl

Hello and Happy New Year and all that stuff.

20: Ectoplasmic Body Control: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

30: Wraith Form : Desolidification (affected by Magic, Mental Attacks and Spirits and Ghosts), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points)

END: 4

24: Riding the Aether: Flight 10", Position Shift, x8 Noncombat, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (44 Active Points)

END: 3

07: Life Support (Custom Adder; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (39 Active Points); Conditional Power Power Only Works While Desoild (-2),

10: Social Limitation: (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

Notes: Member of Bathory Family. Infamous Ancestor (Countess Bathory).

10: Social Limitation: (Occasionally, Major)

Notes: Gyspy Blooded. Reputed Romany Ties.

Notes: Elisabetha must maintain constant emotional control and detachment or suffer backlash of pathos from the use of her powers.

Life support for only 7 points looks like it's in the EC, which is strange since it isn't a 40 point power and doesn't qualify as an EC power (no inherent END cost)

The -2 limitation is also rather huge, "power only works while Desolid" is the Linked limitation. (which would probably also prevent it from being in the EC unless it was a desolid/LS compound power)

You might be able to add Side Effect based on her need for emotional control psych lim.

This character currently seems to qualify for Normal Characteristic Maxima (it's at the bottom of the Characteristics tab instead of with Disadvantages).

2 SPD is rather slow... true, you don't need much if you can go desolid, but you'll be hurting if you run into anything that can affect you while desolid. Low defenses, same thing.

At 15 Dex, segment 12 nearly all supers and possibly many agents will get a chance to attack before you can activate your only defense (desolid)... if your GM allows -2 lim for only works while desolid, you're not going to start many fights desolidified.

What do you use the WF chain and rope weapons for?

No resistant PD/ED, and only 6 PD/ED overall?

Very vulnberable. If you get hit when you aernt desolid, you're really not much tougher than a normal.

You also might (or might not!) consider taking a "Does No Body" limitation on your Spirit Bolt. Depends on your conception of the power, of course.

Originally posted by Outsider

No resistant PD/ED, and only 6 PD/ED overall?

Very vulnberable. If you get hit when you aernt desolid, you're really not much tougher than a normal.

You also might (or might not!) consider taking a "Does No Body" limitation on your Spirit Bolt. Depends on your conception of the power, of course.

Dunno about you, but I think ghosts and spirits would be more likely to have automaton abilities like Cannot be Stunned or Takes No Stun... if anything, Does No Stun feels more appropriate.

Hm... all the powers seem to use Standard Effect. To me, spirit bolt sounds more random than the other powers ;) While it is faster, remember that SE generally will average lower than rolling, and sometimes you want that small chance of doing real damage with a good roll that you can't get with SE.

Does member of Bathory Family(Frequent) really come up more often than Romany/Gypsy(occasional) in your character's area?

First off SPD seems *very* low for a superheroic 350 point game. With only two actions per turn vs. a likely 5 or 6 from most others this PC will be out of the action most of the time.

Secondly Dex, PD, & ED should be bumped *slightly* or perhaps an ectoplasmic force field could be bought somewhere. Her Con should probably be slightly higher as well. As written she is toast against *any* affects desolid attack. She will be stunned and probably take body every time she is hit and being stunned will cause her desolid state to end since it isn’t persistant.

Third Telepathy probably shouldn’t have the Affects Desolid advantage since most desolids don’t protect against metal powers. Only if ‘ghosts’ are commonly defined as having the 60 point version of desolidification should this stay … and since her desolid doesn’t protect her from mental powers it seemed like ghosts wouldn’t have this protection either.

Fourth, *none* of her attacks, with the exception of telepathy or maybe the images work on normal folks when she is desolid. As is she is either invulnerable and can’t do much except move or she is wide open to any sort of attack and can do a fair amount.

Fifth that rep is going to be a killer. Odds are with something like that you will be spending points to buy that off long before you get to spend many points on improving Wraith. In many games it doesn’t take long to ‘prove’ yourself to the hero community.

Sixth, why the +/- 16 per on the images?! That’s a *lot*. How would her images improve someone’s per roll by 16? Normal light or darknsess wouldn’t do better than +/- 4 or so.

As a personal note I’m pretty leery of buying any DNPCs or Hunteds above 8- and 11- is usually my max. At 14- that hunted or DNPC is going to be in almost every adventure. That can be very constraining to the GM and other players.

As for the pathos thing … you might consider buying something like Enraged and have a susceptibility that kicks in when she is enraged. Also between the rivalry, DNPC, & Hunteds as is I would expect her to be less than calm an collected most sessions.

If I were to re-do this character I would buy SPD up to at least 4 and would prefer 5. I would buy up Con. I would increase her MP pool and move the Desolidification into it. I would add a Force Field power and at least one or two powers she could use to affect the physical world when desolid. Some sort of NND & Affects Solid HA would be perfect IMO. You might even consider buying a naked advantage in her MP to let her use her STR on solid targets to lift things, however lots of GMs will not go for that. I would change the DNPC to 11- (still fairly common) and the Hunted to 8-.

All that said this is a cool concept.

First of all, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Looking over the char, yep...some rewrites are in order.

Does member of Bathory Family(Frequent) really come up more often than Romany/Gypsy(occasional) in your character's area?

I'd have to say yes...absolutely, yes. That would be the first thing anyone woud pick up on, when Elisabeth is introduced to them. That she is a member of the Bathory family...a direct decendent of one of the most notrorious figures in history, not to mention named after said ancestor. *S* It's would be like having the last name Dracula, or Frankenstein. A big hurdle to jump. The gyspy connection only comes into play, really when the first hurdle is crossed...ohh not only is she related to a Countess who use to bathe in the blood of slaughtered virgins but she's part gyspy also...Well I never!

I was reading it as more of a blast that has no real solidity, and thus would be incapable of causing physical trauma.

Maybe it can do no body only to the living or to inanimate objects, but can tear the ethereal and other undead to gobbets.

Actually that is exactly how I envisioned that particular power (Spirit Bolt). Able to stun (And maybe Knockback) Mortals, but capable of ripping ghosts into whispy strands of ectoplasm.

Third Telepathy probably shouldn’t have the Affects Desolid advantage since most desolids don’t protect against metal powers. Only if ‘ghosts’ are commonly defined as having the 60 point version of desolidification should this stay … and since her desolid doesn’t protect her from mental powers it seemed like ghosts wouldn’t have this protection either.

Actually, I had not even thought of that, but you make an excellent point. Since I stated that Wraith is vunerable to mental attacks, stands to reason that ALL true ghosts would also be vunerable to them. Now with that rationale...wouldn't the above also apply to Telekensises and Ego Attack...if so I should be able to drop the "Affects Desoild" modifier and save myself a few points.

Fourth, *none* of her attacks, with the exception of telepathy or maybe the images work on normal folks when she is desolid. As is she is either invulnerable and can’t do much except move or she is wide open to any sort of attack and can do a fair amount.

Actually I wrote it up like that on purpose, as I fig being able to have real world affecting powers while desoild was a HUGE advantage and may be unbalancing...however, taking the above thinking concerning mental powers a step further...would it matter when using TK, Telepathy, or Ego Attack, whether you were desoild or not, as none of those powers are psyhical in nature anyway?

And finally...I'm trying to endow this char with all the traditional haunted house powers usually associated with ghosts...hence the reason for Images..however...one question...since images are merely illusions, am I correct in assuming they do no actuall damage? If so...can someone tell me what possible use that power has...other than eye candy?

Wraith's images have the limitation of being ghostly in nature...ie: Transparent and etheral. And where I like the idea..I do wonder about the practical use of such a power in the grand scale of things.

Thank you

Xgothgrrl