Price Check: What's this lim worth?

Acroyear

Danger sense

"Only vs sentient beings"

"Only vs danger intentionally directed at character"

So, if you zero in on the character with a sniper rifle... buzzzzz

If there's a bomb under your seat in a movie theatre... nothing.

If you knock a building over to kill him... buzzzz

If you knock a build over to kill the guy standing next to him... nothing.

If there's a cave-in... nothing

If you cause a cave in to hurt him... buzzz

That sort of thing. I was only valuing it at -1/2, but it might be worth more than that. Whatcha think?

Re: Price Check: What's this lim worth?

Originally posted by Acroyear

I was only valuing it at -1/2, but it might be worth more than that. Whatcha think?

I'd say -1/2 is about right. If it's for a Champions game, I'd say it's definitely only a -1/2, because on the superhuman level, most things that will be truly dangerous will be other superhumans anyway. "Natural" dangers or commonplace accidents are less threatening to a super.

I'd also say -1/2, but if the campaign uses a lot of traps or automatons...

Also, what if I send a robot to kill this guy? If the DS is telepathic in nature, would the DS not go off because the robot is not sentient? Or would the DS go off because the PC can sense the robot's master's intentions?

It wouldn't go off because the robot is doing the harming, not the guy who sent it (as I am expecting it to work, anyway).

You can leave a bomb someplace to get him and not set it off. But if you threw a bomb AT him or his hex (intending to harm him right then and there) it would set it off.

Make sense?

The idea is that it's a sort of subconscious telepathy/survival mechanism. It's not so much sensing danger as the immediate hostile intent.

Originally posted by Geoff Speare

What if there's a bomb (on a timer) in the hero's car during a parade, and the bomber is watching from the crowd? Would his intent set the Danger Sense off, even though he has no control over the bomb at that point?

Good question.

My initial thought would be that he could sense that. I'm assuming any bomber, though, who is sticking around to watch a timed bomb is paying close attention to the time and would meet my criteria.

"Annnnd you die in 3. 2. 1...now"

The SFX of the Danger Sense is that he is constantly hitting everyone with telepathy subconsciously. When hostile intent (at the level of actually attacking in some way) towards him is picked up it gets his notice, but other than that... the thoughts of others might as well be the ignored hum of any environment. Just like with our hearing... in, say, a food court at the mall. For the most part, the conversations of people are just background noise. If someone says your name, though, it gains your attention even though you weren't listening for that.