Help with a Villian Team

ParagonAlpha

Okay I'm running a game and am need of a themed group of villians for the PC's to bump into to.

Here's what I have so far:

The group is 4 members. They are superpowered mercenaries and terrorists. Unlike groups like Terror Inc. They really don't advertise any superhuman abilities, but they do have them. I've got a few ideas already but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Sindrome : A beautiful, seductive woman, skilled in disguise and acting. Her body constantly exudes a pheromone that eventually cuases everyone to do anything they can to make sure she is alright. Outdoors she's not to effective but indoors, she's a nasty one to run into.

Meltdown: A low level brick, Meltdown continously radaites radioactive energy created by his celluar structure. As long as he is conscious this energy level is actually non-leathal. But as he his celluar structure becomes agitated, or damaged, the radioactive nature becomes leathal. If he is rendered uncouncious while in this state he releases this stored energy much like a nuclear reactor gone bad.

BioHazard: His body creates a biochemical virus that he can release in a cloud. Those who are exposed oftern becaome terminally ill within minutes.

Sniper: A master sniper and expert with firearms, Sniper can accelerate any small piece of metal to near light speeds and throw them with incredible accuaracy and destructive force.

If you could add/suggest anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I recommend you add a mentalist:

Brother Eye: An unassuming man, Thaddeus Reynolds has the ability to cause those near him to re-experience all the worst things they've ever done in life, in a quick few seconds. This is almost always emotionally traumatic. He can also make you re-experience the most painful thing that ever happened -- you aren't physically injured again, but you remember how it felt. This is a mental attack. Reynolds has a EGO based damage shield; telepaths don't like to look into his mind; it's a cesspool. He's a sociopath who actually experiences pleasure from using his power on other people.

Re: Help with a Villian Team

Originally posted by ParagonAlpha

Okay I'm running a game and am need of a themed group of villians for the PC's to bump into to.

Here's what I have so far:

The group is 4 members. They are superpowered mercenaries and terrorists. Unlike groups like Terror Inc. They really don't advertise any superhuman abilities, but they do have them. I've got a few ideas already but I'm wondering what you guys think.

Sindrome : A beautiful, seductive woman, skilled in disguise and acting. Her body constantly exudes a pheromone that eventually causes everyone to do anything they can to make sure she is alright. Outdoors she's not to effective but indoors, she's a nasty one to run into.

Meltdown: A low level brick, Meltdown continously radaites radioactive energy created by his celluar structure. As long as he is conscious this energy level is actually non-leathal. But as he his celluar structure becomes agitated, or damaged, the radioactive nature becomes leathal. If he is rendered uncouncious while in this state he releases this stored energy much like a nuclear reactor gone bad.

I'm not sure how this guy fits in. From what you have described he's only dangerous if someone else hurts him and unless he's got personal immunity and alot of other LS abilities he's in for a short career (The first time he's knocked unconcious hes going to find himself either dead from his own power, cooked by the molten rock his power creates or drowned once he reaches the water-table (The reason it's called a meltdown is that the core becomes so hot that it melts down through the bottom of its contaiment area and keeps going until the water-table cools it to the level where it stops melting rock.) If anyone knows about his power he would also become Number 1 on UNTIL's 'Contain at all costs' list not to mention every country he entered and Hunted UNTIL 14- would be a minimum (the guy is a walking 3 mile island). Unless he has some powers that he can control or he's willing to be 'shot' by sniper to release his radiation he's less of a supervillian and more of a walking timebomb with a short shelf-life

BioHazard: His body creates a biochemical virus that he can release in a cloud. Those who are exposed oftern becaome terminally ill within minutes.

Make it Sticky and terribly contagious so that he becomes the Biological part of the WMD trio (Along with Meltdown (Nuclear) and a chemical based villian). These three would be especially good if they were invisible to detection. Then any one of them could slip into a country and wipe out a large chunk of its population. Terrorists and rogue states would no longer need a WMD program when they simply pay one of these guys a few billiion to visit the US or it's allies and 'go to town'.

Sniper: A master sniper and expert with firearms, Sniper can accelerate any small piece of metal to near light speeds and throw them with incredible accuaracy and destructive force.

If you could add/suggest anything I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

The team needs a name that the 'underworld' can use to identify them (since they're mercinaries). Meltdown and Biohazard make something like 'Armageddon INC.' sound appropriate. Their thing could be setting up wars between people for third parties. (Sindrome, with more manipulative power, could convince a head of state to declare war, Sniper could assasinate someone important and then leave false evidence. And the WMD trio? Nothing leads you to war like the death of a large chunk of your population (esp. good if one takes each of the two targets and then fakes a 'retalitory strike')

Originally posted by Balok

I recommend you add a mentalist:

Sindrome is actually a Mentalist.. I envisioned her powers bought as Mind Control based on Con made NND (def is LS: does't need to breathe). To represent the heightend effect indoors I bought extra dice, only in that situation.

Originally posted by Karma

I I'm not sure how this guy fits in. From what you have described he's only dangerous if someone else hurts him and unless he's got personal immunity and alot of other LS abilities he's in for a short career (The first time he's knocked unconcious hes going to find himself either dead from his own power, cooked by the molten rock his power creates or drowned once he reaches the water-table

Actually he's quite dangerous even when asleep. His powers don't effect him and if he's just in his normal rest mode he's only dangerous if your around him for days and says.. It's when he gets hit alot that he gets deadly. He's also addicted to "uppers" and made to sleep in a lead box.

Make it Sticky and terribly contagious so that he becomes the Biological part of the WMD trio (Along with Meltdown (Nuclear) and a chemical based villian). These three would be especially good if they were invisible to detection. Then any one of them could slip into a country and wipe out a large chunk of its population. Terrorists and rogue states would no longer need a WMD program when they simply pay one of these guys a few billiion to visit the US or it's allies and 'go to town'.

Great Idea. Hadn't thought about going the whole Nuclear, Chemical, Biological route. Would Sindrome fit the bill. With Sniper acting as sort of the team leader/contact.

Okay these guys just got cooler in my mind.

Thanks.. keep it coming by the way.

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

The common theme for these villains seems to be that they produce or modify substances or energies that create environments dangerous to others. May I suggest as a team name, "Hazmat," the common contraction for "Hazardous Materials?"

Oh, that's a good one...I'm a 'stealin' that one fer sure :P

I'm making an international terrorist myself, along the lines of Biohazard. But mine is a Demolitions/Chemical/Biological weapons expert that marches to the tune of Scorpia. He has a chemical gun (Napalm, acids/bases, chemical clashes) and a VPP for explosives/chemical actions.

Sniper sounds like 'Railgun', considering his excelleration powers. You might also want to give him some demolitions skills.