character/power creation help

drrushing

I've come up with an idea for a mystical character. The character casts "white" or good and "black" or bad magic.

The use of it directly effects her psyche. I thought of a VPP, with an AID linked to add EGO when she uses "white" magic, and an automatic Susceptability that Drains Ego when she uses "black" magic.

The resulting shifts would directly effect her disads, personality, etc. Is this a plausible idea? I would appreciate your ideas of how to work out the mechanics on this. Thanks.

Hmm... I don't think raising or lowering Ego scores would imply a change in the character's personality, other than making her easier or harder to persuade and intimidate (and more or less vulnerable to Mental Powers).

It sounds as though what you want is for the character to suffer alterations to her behavior and outlook depending on whether she uses white or black magic. If that's the case I'd say the simplest way to run it would be as a Physical Limitation, "Shifts Personality When Using Magic," and then define the Frequency and Severity of the Lim. Alternatively you might have all the powers in her VPP take a Side Effect that imposes a short-term Psychological Limitation on her when she uses them; the description of Side Effects suggests how to do that.

side effects?

Side effects sounds like an interesting idea. I'll have to play around with it to determine how much I can "modify" the character based on her magic use.

It does sound like an "ugly" build, but a Multiform sounds interesting...............a basic template of the same character, but drastically different based upon grand uses her power altering her universal perception, disads, etc.......sounds like a challenge, but I like it.

Thank you all for your input...........oh yeah, only the good half likes milk, the other, beer in her corn flakes..........