Omega Team Campaign Logs

Edsel

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Well I saw the first attempt you made at posting the Omega Truck, briefly. Since your post just went away I guess I you are still experimenting with export templates. I'll have to check back tomorrow and see how it has turned out. BTW I like the truck picture you found. That is just about perfect. ;)

FYI: When the campaign ended they had an upgraded design on the drawing boards that would have boosted the armor slightly (upto 12) and addeed a 7.62mm minigun in a retractable turret. Very nasty weapon.

Originally posted by Edsel

Edit: Well I saw the first attempt you made at posting the Omega Truck, briefly. Since your post just went away I guess I you are still experimenting with export templates. I'll have to check back tomorrow and see how it has turned out. BTW I like the truck picture you found. That is just about perfect. ;)

FYI: When the campaign ended they had an upgraded design on the drawing boards that would have boosted the armor slightly (upto 12) and addeed a 7.62mm minigun in a retractable turret. Very nasty weapon.

Yeah

if you can stay up for like 5 more minutes, youll be happy I think ;)

KS that is a pretty sweet logo. Kinda twisted. I had made a logo a long time ago but that may have been 2 computers ago. Sweet site.

I am gonna have to send you Specter, Predator, Wildcard, and Uriel. I will need to make the last three up from recall, unless the excel sheets on still on my HD.

I think Eddie has a nice rogues gallery that he might be able to update from time to time since we he is gonna run another game sometime later this year. Maybe we can suck you into the game somehow?

Originally posted by Eosin

KS that is a pretty sweet logo. Kinda twisted. I had made a logo a long time ago but that may have been 2 computers ago. Sweet site.

Thanx. I kind of figured you guys would send me some content to fill in the blanks. I built it up off of the Millennial Men site I put up for our supers group (http://www.killershrike.com/MillennialMen/MillennialMen.htm)

I am gonna have to send you Specter, Predator, Wildcard, and Uriel. I will need to make the last three up from recall, unless the excel sheets on still on my HD. I think Eddie has a nice rogues gallery that he might be able to update from time to time since we he is gonna run another game sometime later this year.

Cool. Id like to get them put up. I really like the recaps of this campaign and think the info should be broadcasted. This is the best all-around Dark Champs/street level campaign Ive heard tell of, and is pretty inspirational IMO.

Maybe we can suck you into the game somehow?

That would be cool, but I dont know how we would do it. Its a long commute from SD to Oklahoma ;)

WOW! :)

I really need to learn HTML and XML so I can do things like that. Really cool stuff. Thanks KS!

I think I have a hard copy of Predator. I know I have almost all of the villians. I'll try to convert one per day or so.

I also have the full write-up of the Omega base. I have a hard copy of the floorplan which I originally did in MicroStation (a professional CADD package). I don't know if I still have an electronic copy (doubtful), if I can find one I can convert it to a jpeg and send it along with the base write-up.

This has been a fun run on the forums but I think we only have three or four parts left before we hit the end of the campaign history. :(

WOW! :)

I really need to learn HTML and XML so I can do things like that. Really cool stuff. Thanks KS!

No worries. It only took about 45 minutes to do, total, and most of that was fiddling w/ color schemes and making the logo.

I think I have a hard copy of Predator. I know I have almost all of the villians. I'll try to convert one per day or so.

I also have the full write-up of the Omega base. I have a hard copy of the floorplan which I originally did in MicroStation (a professional CADD package). I don't know if I still have an electronic copy (doubtful), if I can find one I can convert it to a jpeg and send it along with the base write-up.

Ya, send me anything you can, including entries for the "EGO" board, Allies, and Rogues Gallery. Plus, when its' all wrapped up, the campaign log parts. Ill get them all up and linked.

This has been a fun run on the forums but I think we only have three or four parts left before we hit the end of the campaign history. :(

All good things must come to an end, but Eosin says you are going to run more Omega adventures soon?

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

All good things must come to an end, but Eosin says you are going to run more Omega adventures soon?

I am sure some of the players would like to see it restart but it has been years and the campaign died in mid-stream. It would be hard to ressurect it.

I guess it could be done but, I am working on a new Dark Champions campaign right now. The characters will be different. They will be working for an organization called the Conclave. The Early NYC Vigilantes thread gives some information about this.

There is so much of the old campaign that I want to rework now. Things I think I could do better. I would rather have a fresh start than try and revive the old Omega Team.

Of course I'll use a lot of the old Omega stuff in the new campaign. I'll just overhaul a lot of it and bring it up to 5th Edition standards. Plus I've got new things I want to try out. I want to forge ahead and not rely on my past sucess.

I am sure some of the players would like to see it restart but it has been years and the campaign died in mid-stream. It would be hard to ressurect it.

I guess it could be done but, I am working on a new Dark Champions campaign right now. The characters will be different. They will be working for an organization called the Conclave. The Early NYC Vigilantes thread gives some information about this.

There is so much of the old campaign that I want to rework now. Things I think I could do better. I would rather have a fresh start than try and revive the old Omega Team.

Of course I'll use a lot of the old Omega stuff in the new campaign. I'll just overhaul a lot of it and bring it up to 5th Edition standards. Plus I've got new things I want to try out. I want to forge ahead and not rely on my past sucess.

Well, Im sure it'll will be up to the same standard. Maybe you should start up a "Dark Champions" web site thats a sort of generic Dark Champions resource, and then have Omega Team and the Conclave as two different examples of putting the sites resources in action. That would be cool and its easy to do. :)

Well, Im sure it'll will be up to the same standard. Maybe you should start up a "Dark Champions" web site thats a sort of generic Dark Champions resource, and then have Omega Team and the Conclave as two different examples of putting the sites resources in action. That would be cool and its easy to do. :)

Edsel, That would really be a COOL:D concept!:D

I like the way that this man thinks!:P (referring to Killer Shrikes' ideas);)

I'm not sure how I could help, but I would certainly do what I could!:P

Part 20

May 25

The team covers all three events today (the three possible full house crime targets). It is not until that evening, at the Go Reception, that they face the Cardsharks.

About 100 people attend the Reception at the Vanderberg Mansion. Daniel Sanders (Shapshot), Eden Blake (Dancer), Nightstick (Joe Dishwasher) and Andrew Hobbs (Savant) are attending the reception in plain clothes. Daniel Sanders has won the tournament and thus must attend in his public identity. Eden Blake has been acting as Daniel’s sign language interpreter and also needs to attend. Andrew Hobbs attends separately to allow another set of eyes in the mansion. Joe Dishwasher attends since he has been a regular spectator at the competition and is best able to fend for himself with out many weapons. Predator (Dutch Watkins), Hippocrates (Dr. Thomas James) and Pax (Lex Bratheon) sneak onto the mansion grounds and stealthily climb to the roof and then into the, presently empty, third floor of the mansion.

The team is taken by surprise when the catering staff suddenly reveals themselves to be Cardshark agents. Before the team can draw a breath there are around 30+ Spade Agents in control of the guests. Things go badly for the team but fortunately the Cardshark agents are equipped with blaster carbines that generally are much less lethal that firearms. Three large Semi-Tractor trailer rigs arrive soon after the take over starts. However, the hidden vigilantes on the third floor disable two of the three rigs. The Cardshark agents render Savant, Hippocrates, and Snapshot unconscious but are forced to abort and flee the mansion when they are informed by Pax (he shouted) that the police have been summoned. Cardshark flees minus three of their agents who are unconscious and unable to flee. The Omega Team who flees shortly after the Cardshark agents depart takes the three unconscious Cardsharks captive.

Cardshark does not leave empty-handed, however. When they flee the mansion they hurriedly pick out 23 people whom they abduct (probably with the intention of ransom). Among the group taken is Eden Blake (Dancer). What little equipment Dancer had was in her purse, and the Cardshark agents rapidly gathered all purses and wallets. The Omega Team flees back to Alpha Base with three Cardshark agents in custody and without Dancer.

The situation is pretty chaotic for the police. There are many people who left the reception as soon as the Cardshark left so that they would not have to be inconvenienced by having to interview with the police. It will probably take the police the better part of a day to determine just who was kidnapped and who simply left on their own. Several guests tell of tell of shouting between the Cardshark agents and somebody upstairs and it seems that this is what convinced them to leave. Nobody in attendance at the reception saw any of the Omega Team and there is no real evidence that the Omega Team was involved. (Only Omega Team members in civilian clothes were in public view). It is evident that a firefight erupted between the Cardsharks and persons unknown who were hold up on the third floor of the mansion. The drivers of the Trucks are found and questioned but it is apparent that they were unaware of the probable hijacking that awaited them when they arrived at the Vanderburg residence. The trucks were from a freight company, which had been paid to have them arrive for a cargo pickup at this unusual time and place. The persons who placed the order were fictional and the police have no luck uncovering them. The Omega Team left none of their equipment or any trace of their presence at the scene. The Omega Team was unable to locate Dancer’s purse before they left and the police do not find it either. Apparently the Cardshark agents took it, along with many purses and wallets.

GM NOTE: Yet another brief account of what was, in this case, a pretty epic battle. I remember that Savant got beat up by a Spades Agent (humiliated really). Perhaps one of the players will be able to elaborate on the events at the Vanderburg Mansion. Spades Agents, by the way, are the primary combat operatives of the Cardshark organization, they handle kidnappings, murders, armed robberies, etc.

May 26, Sunday

The team gathers early, however previous obligations prevent Nightstick or Pax from attending the meeting. The team makes plans for the meeting tonight at 8:00 PM at the Blue Diamond Lounge (a classy strip joint) located in the Strip. They agree that one person will go in alone (Savant) and the others (Predator, Snapshot and Hippocrates) will wait outside in the Omega Van, armed to the teeth. As part of their preparations Savant contacts Alexander Hayden (The former Remittance Man) to see it they can get hold of a minigun (M-214 5.56mm). Alexander is glad to help and flies out the weapon personally in a corporate jet that afternoon.

At 8:00 PM Savant (in a civilian disguise) enters the Blue Diamond Lounge. At first he has a little difficulty getting inside since the doorman, who is good at this, suspects that the ID he has is phony. Andrew Hobbs is only 19 and the Blue Diamond serves liquor and has nude dancers (age limit 21). By showing the doorman an Omega Card he is quickly able to get in. After setting through a couple of acts he notices one of the waitresses obtain an object from a patron near the far side of the bar. The same waitress then circumnavigates the tavern so as to approach from the opposite side of Savant. She places a cellular phone on the table along with a drink for Savant. Savant observes the man leaving just after passing the phone onto the waitress.

The cellular phone soon rings and Savant has a short conversation with a man who identifies himself as Jack (a comment he makes about “keeping my eye on you†leads Savant to believe that this is One-Eyed Jack). Savant does not let on that they are missing one of their team members and makes no mention of Dancer. He negotiates to trade the three captive Cardshark agents that they hold for “the nine least valuable hostages that Cardshark took from the Vandenburg Mansion.†Jack is agreeable to this and arrangements are made to make the exchange at an old warehouse near Centre Street and Day Avenue, tomorrow (May 27th) at 9:00 PM.

GM NOTE: I don’t recall how the meeting at the Blue Diamond lounge was set up. I assume that it was hastily arranged between Omega Team and the Cardsharks just before both groups fled the Vanderburg Mansion. Either that or they somehow managed to contact the Cardshark organization after the battle. Perhaps one of the players recalls.

On the way back from the Blue Diamond Lounge the Team drives past a secure warehouse and spots unusual activity. When they investigate they encounter Cabal agents. A battle ensues. During the battle the Omega Truck is shot up but remains road worthy. One of the new Omega Cycles has its back tire shot off and the new minigun is destroyed before they get a chance to use it. A radical maneuver with the back door of the Omega Truck open and out the minigun tumbled. Hippocrates is seriously wounded but is able to do a pretty good job patching himself up (but he’ll still spend hours in the bio-regeneration tank at the Alpha Base). Before the Omega Team can manage to fight their way past the agents outside the warehouse, some of the Cabal agents in the warehouse make off with whatever they were attempting to steal. A broken open storage bay (#3B) is noted as well as a shattered crate with the code A-EGY-OK-01211M stenciled on it. The Omega Team revives the mind numbed guards (security guards who had been under mind control) and then they flee back to the Alpha Base.

GM NOTE: I guess I need to enter some of the Cabal agents and their equipment into Hero Designer and post it. Cabal is just another name for DEMON. I used the name Cabal because it seems to fit a “low-powered†game better (players may take exception to the term “low-powered). The Cabal agents used Cthulhu-mythos based weaponry and equipment as well as magic. Very nasty customers. A lot of biotech stuff. It seemed to scare the hell out of my players. :) Of course if any of the players wants to post a more detailed account of this battle, I’m sure it would be appreciated.

A little research and hacking with Big Red soon reveal that the warehouse bay in question was storing materials for the Hudson City Museum of Natural History. The broken crate’s code translated as A (Artifact), EGY (Egyptian), OK (Old Kingdom), item 01211, M (Mystical). It contained a burial scroll that was inscribed with the cartouche of the Pharaoh Thutmose. The King Thutmose exhibit will be visiting Hudson City starting on Friday, June 14th.

The police do not know what to make of the break in at the secured warehouse. No alarms were triggered even though all of them were in perfect working order. There are reports that power failed in about a one-block area about the time of the incident, but the warehouse had back up power of its own that should have powered the alarms. The two guards claim that they were “mind-controlled by starfish on their heads†and that “dark robed satanic-types†fought a battle with the Omega Team here. Nether guard's Breathalyzer tests were positive. A wrecked van his here but it seems to be untraceable (built from parts of over a dozen vans listed as destroyed in accidents). Skid marks are on the pavement and white paint chips indicate the color of the missing vehicle. Smaller skid marks indicate that a motorcycle was involved as well. Burns from energy weapons are evident and numerous 5.56mm casings are lying about. The two guards are being held on suspicion of complicity during the robbery but their past records do not indicate any criminal activity. Unless real evidence is uncovered the guards will most likely go free.

May 27, Monday

The Hudson City Police Department officially announces the formation of their VAIS unit (Vigilante Activities Investigation Squad). Captain Lyle McPhearson will head the unit. The investigative unit will take about a week to form and over the next several months selected SWAT team members will undergo training to act as the enforcement arm of the VAIS unit.

The team spends the morning covering their secret identities and performing other tasks that cannot wait. By around 2:00 PM Savant is working at the Alpha Base when the door buzzer sounds. The visitor is Alexander Hayden (a.k.a. the Remittance Man).

Alexander did not leave Hudson City yesterday after he delivered the mini-gun to the Omega Team. Knowing that Dancer, his old teammate, was in danger he resolved to see what he could do. He followed the Omega Team to their meeting at the Blue Diamond. When the agent left the club he heard Savant’s brief radio signal to the rest of the team. When he realized that nobody was going to follow the departing suspect, he did. He followed the man to a downtown warehouse and then followed a couple of men that the agent met with. The two men lead him to a small industrial park in the northern suburb of Arcadia. With nightvision binoculars he observed the place for several hours and became convinced that one of the building, belonging to Hudson Entertainment Supplies, was in fact a Cardshark facility of some sort.

The Remittance Man was up late (until about 3:00 AM). As soon as he was awake and ready he headed to the Omega Team’s Alpha Base to inform them of what he had discovered. The team goes to the industrial park during a driving rain and is able to plant a couple of listing devices via the roof. They also check out the local storm sewers for use as a possible avenue of attack or escape.

The sewers prove to be to flooded for use and the bugs give only limited information. The information they get is enough to convince them that several captives may be being held here.

The team decides to make the meeting at the warehouse tonight, to exchange the captive Cardshark Agents for 9 hostages. They hope that Eden Blake will be among the hostages exchanged. The whole team (Nightstick, Savant, Snapshot, Predator, Pax, and Hippocrates) goes to the meeting and they are joined by the Remittance Man. The Cardshark contingent at the meeting consists of One-Eyed Jack, Deadman’s Hand, and Blackjack and about a dozen Spades Agents.

The hostage exchange goes off without a hitch. Unfortunately Ms. Blake is not among the hostages released. There is some brief and minor verbal sparing between Savant and One-Eyed Jack (trash talk).

The Omega Team quickly and gently questions the hostages that they have liberated and then drop them off about a block away from a convenient police precinct house.

This surprises the police. The hostages all tell similar stories about how the Omega Team is responsible for their release. The police are able to locate the warehouse where the exchange took place but no physical evidence has been left by either side.

The Omega Team, plus the Remittance Man, immediately proceeds north to Arcadia to raid the suspected Cardshark facility, just before midnight. The raid goes off very well. Dancer and another captive (Inspector Harold LaGrange of the State Bureau of Investigation) are rescued (Dancer wears only her undergarments). Over a dozen Hearts Agents are left unconscious and only a hand full escape. The team quickly scavenges the base for any useful materials and then departs after calling the Arcadia Police Department. They stay in the area until the Arcadia Police arrive and then head back to the Alpha Base.

GM NOTE: Here is another battle that a player may wish to elaborate upon. The Hearts suite of Cardshark agents is responsible for information gathering, interrogation, spying, etc.

The Omega Team obtains very little of informational value. The computers in the building had all been slaged by internal thermite charges and any important papers had been burned (flash paper is normally used by Cardshark for paper records).

The police round up all of the Cardshark agents and call neighboring communities for help (the Arcadia Police Department only has less than a dozen officers on duty at one time). Before assistance can arrive a mysterious black helicopter arrives and drives the police away with machinegun fire. Cardshark successfully rescues its agents.

As in most incidents involving Cardshark and the Omega Team little or no useful physical evidence is left at the scene. Spent casings, bullet holes, etc. There is illegal equipment in the building, for wiretaps, hacked computer files, etc., even what appears to be an interrogation room of some sort. All of this was Cardshark stuff, but there is nothing to lead to the identity of the Carshark agents who worked here.

Situation Report:

Mongrel and the surviving members of the Pack seem to have gone to ground. Cardshark’s plans are still probably viable. They still hold 12 hostages somewhere. The King Thutmose exhibit is due next month and the Cabal has stolen a sacred burial scroll from the museum. Daniel Sanders has offered a $250,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those responsible for the kidnapping of the guests from the Go Tournament Reception. The Carshark has issued open contracts in the amount of $10,000 each for members of the Omega Team and a $25,000 open contract on the life of Daniel Sanders.

May 28, Tuesday

A cryptic message arrives at the Beta Base via email. It is apparently from Predator and simply reads, “Must be away for an unknown length of time on government business – Predatorâ€. Dutch Watkins has apparently left the scene for the time being.

That evening while the team is scattered around town an police report is overheard on scanners that indicates that someone has shot up the Blue Diamond Lounge (a known Cardshark operation). Listening to the reports it is soon realized that this is a pretty major happening. Hippocrates attempt to reach the various team members to check up with them in reguards to what has happened. He is unable to get Snapshot to answer. He tries to call Snapshot’s cell phone in hopes of using a tap into the celluar system to locate his general whereabouts. He soon realizes that the phone is ringing inside the teams armory. When he checks out the armory he finds Snapshot’s cell phone and realizes that the mini-gun is missing but several damaged parts are still here. He quickly realizes that Snapshot must have repaired the gun and then carried out a vendetta against Carshark. Hippocrates quickly informs the other team members and rushes to the scene of the shooting.

The police are already thick in the area so he is unable to approach very closely and can only get a very general idea of what has happened. From the amount of spent brass on the ground and the number of bullet-holes it is fairly evident that the mini-gun has been used here.

Hippocrates goes to the house of Daniel Sanders but he is not there and he is not able to make much headway.

The police realize that a mini-gun was used here. The few witnesses that they can find indicate that a large dark-colored SUV was used, but that’s about it.

End of Part 20, part 21 tomorrow. Where is Snapshot? Has Snapshot finally snapped? Perhaps we’ll find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

By nature I'm a lazy bum. The hardest part will be getting myself to put in the effort. I've only done a website once, years ago, and briefly. I guess I could try and talk Eosin and/or Nightstick into showing me how to use frontpage. Then maybe figure out how to get a domain.

I don't know... sounds suspiciously like work to me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

By nature I'm a lazy bum. The hardest part will be getting myself to put in the effort. I've only done a website once, years ago, and briefly. I guess I could try and talk Eosin and/or Nightstick into showing me how to use frontpage. Then maybe figure out how to get a domain.

I don't know... sounds suspiciously like work to me.

You can practically get a domain by accident these days.

It is a bit of work, but in the long run you get to recoup the cost when you run your games from it ;)

Of course, theres also the women, money, and prestige that go along with it, but Im an artist -- I do it for the betterment of the artform ;)

Omega HQ

The Omega Team base is located inside of an old warehouse. The team is careful to keep up appearances so that nobody will suspect that the "run-down old warehouse" is the nerve center for the notorious vigilantes. The team has lost two bases in the past when enemies have destroyed them or the team has (to prevent discovery).

Currently the Omega Team has two bases within Hudson City, both are identical with only cosmetic differences.

The attached file is the Omega HQ updated to 5th Edition rules.

Omega HQ Floorplan

I originally did the floor plan with an old version of MicroStation (a professional CADD software package). Unfortunately the electronic file is long since history. I do have a single hard copy on a piece of 11"x17" paper. I have used my digital camera to make a photograph of the original. It is attached below.

Edit: The stairs in the southeast corner of the building lead down to the gun range. The floor of the gun range is about 6 feet below the normal floor level.

Edit2: The elevator provides access to the, unused, second floor. The central spiral staircase also lead provides access to the roof. The garage usually houses one, of the two, Omega Trucks, and an Omega Cycle or two.

I'll have to post the base's AI computer (Big Red) at a later date (I haven't put it in Hero Designer yet).

Part 21

May 29-30

Dancer arrives at the base and finds, Hippocrates and Savant there, she announces that she has been out some this morning and found a familiar face near Diamond Lil’s place (an upscale gentlemen’s club operated by Cardshark). She managed to determine that Cardshark has suddenly raised the contract on Daniel Sanders to $500,000. Savant contacts his FBI contact to determine if there are any local ‘talents’ who would be up to such a contract and also if their have been any suspected hit-men enter the city in the last several hours. His contact will have to check up on it and call him back in a few hours.

Savant, who has been doing some analysis on Snapshot, soon realizes that Snapshot would probably go and play Go somewhere to sooth himself. Savant calls Pax and Nightstick, who are at Zhu Hsaio’s and they immediately start looking for Snapshot at the local, Chinatown, Go parlors.

He is soon located, but before the rest of the team can arrive a distant sniper kills him, with a shot to the head, as Pax and Nightstick look on. The rest of the team arrives and about that time Savant’s phone rings. It is his FBI contact that informs him that a man named Thomas O. Enock entered the country last night via a sleeper flight from Paris. Enock is a suspected I.C.E. member and assassin (International Consortium for Execution).

GM NOTE: Kind of an abrupt end for Snapshot, but the player had left the campaign with no chance of returning.

The team quickly gathers any evidence that could link Daniel Sanders (a.k.a. Snapshot) to the Omega Team and depart with Mr. Sanders vehicle.

They next head to Mr. Sander’s residence and eliminate any evidence there and discard his car. Snapshot’s Blue Ford Explorer is still missing, as is the mini-gun. The team surmises that he must have left it at a safehouse know only to him.

As the team returns to base they sight a biker, wearing the colors of the Murder of Crows biker gang, selling drugs to some young school kids. Pax beats him senseless and gives the kids a quick talking to. They then pursue the seller’s lookout and abduct him for questioning. He is currently lockup in cell #1 at the Beta Base.

May 31, Friday

Advanced Tickets go on sale for the King Thtumose exhibit. Hippocrates gets 1st day tickets for all the team members.

GM NOTE: At this point in the campaign we quite using conventional dates in favor of G.Y., for Game Year. Since the campaign was actually proceeding slower than life (we’d get a day or two of game time to pass per secession, but we only met once a week). As a result the game was now taking place about a year in the past compared to the real-world date. By going to G.Y. time I could take advantage of current world events better.

June 1, Saturday G.Y. 2

The Harbinger of Justice hits a Chardshark safehouse and kills two Cardshark agents. He also frees one of the captives that Cardshark was holding.

June 2

Cardshark exchanges their remaining hostages for ransom at many separate, simultaneous, exchanges scattered all across the city.

Pax lands a job, in his civilian ID (Lex Bratheon), as a bouncer at the Blue Moon, a gentlemen’s club (another classy strip joint, no known affiliation with the Harbinger of Justice, a.k.a. Blue Moon Killer.). (I don’t know what the deal was with this group and nudie bars).

All hostages are now free with the exception of Ms. Clairese Waterford whose parents were working, secretly, with the police. Apparently, somehow, Cardshark discovered the money drop was a trap and nobody showed. No further ransom demands or contact has been made with the Waterfords.

June 3

Pax beats up a mugger who is high on ice. He interrupts the mugger’s attack on an elderly couple.

The team decides to hit a biker bar called the Roost. It is the hangout of the Murder of Crows, outlaw biker gang. Hippocrates has been keeping the place under surveillance for a couple of days. The gang is one on the known groups that has been selling the new ice on the streets. It appears that a deliveryman just made a drop-off so the team moves in quickly. They are not quick enough to catch the deliveryman on the premises, however.

The bikers are taken by surprise and don’t stand much of a chance. The five vigilantes make short work of the fifteen bikers. They leave the lot unconscious and bleeding. They abduct the gang’s leader for interrogation at the base.

Dancer and Hippocrates interrogate the biker chief (Earl Torkman) and find out that the Murder of Crows sells their ice in within a fixed turf inside Hudson City. Torkman says that other biker gangs are doing the same. They take delivery of the goods from a biker they know only as ‘Jake’. Jake delivers to them about once a week and sells them the stuff for about half the normal price of regular meth. The stuff Jake provides is really pure and potent stuff and at these prices it is getting very lucrative and the customer base is growing rapidly. Jake wears no gang colors but he is definitely and experienced biker. Jake seems to only be a deliveryman but they do not know who Jake works for. Earl suspects that Jake or possibly other deliverymen have the same sort of arrangement with the other outlaw bikers in the area. They have been buying from Jake for about a month now.

June 4

Hippocrates heads to the Hudson City Museum of Natural History in an effort to obtain more information about the up coming King Thutmose exhibit. After looking over the museum’s standard Egypt exhibit he is lucky enough to arrange to talk with Edward Grizzley who is affiliated with the Thutmose exhibit.

Dr. James finds out that the mummy has just finished a display in London and is heading to Hudson City via freighter. The exhibit sponsors feel that a freighter is safer than a plane and the great many heavy articles would cost a lot to ship by air. The exhibit will unload in Boston and travel to Hudson City by rail since the underwriters wish to avoid any hazards that the Hudson City piers may offer. (Perhaps this is due to several ships having met violent ends at the Hudson City Piers and Hudson Bay recently).

Dr. James inquires why some of the material was already in Hudson City and is told that there are great many artifacts, and that the public would probably find some of them to be redundant. There are really two exhibits. The first exhibit was in Paris for a month and the materials from the second exhibit were shipped to London to reduce the turn-around time on setting up the displays. The original materials from Paris were shipped to Hudson City ahead of time while the exhibit was in London for the same reason. In this manner only the most spectacular and permanent items of the display have to be shipped at once and the exhibit is able to operate more economically.

Dr. James is told that the item stolen on the evening of May 26th was one of a great number of “burial scrolls†that were found in the tomb. It contained mystical/religious passages from some of the ancient Egyptian writings and had something to do with life after death as many such scrolls do. His only explanation for the theft is that there are a lot of rich eccentric collectors who will pay outrageous prices for such items. The thieves probably opted to steal something easily smuggled and therefore left some of the more valuable artifacts.

Dr. James finds out that the tomb of Thutmose dates from the Old Kingdom. His tomb is a small pyramid that was miles away from the Nile, deep in the desert. It had lain buried in the sands for thousands of years until a sandstorm, a few years ago, partially uncovered it. Dr. James Artherton led the team that has excavated the sight and the work is still progressing at the sight. Apparently Thutmose was a reviled ruler who along with his closest advisor, a high priest named Merritet, worshiped the equivalent of an Egyptian demon. Thutmose was a ruthless and bloodthirsty tyrant who was entombed alive after being captured in a coup that overthrew his reign. Though Thutmose and Merritet were supposed to be entombed in the pyramid only the body of Thutmose was found. Perhaps Merritet escaped into the desert and perished there but nobody knows. Next to the tomb of Thutmose was is a crowded tomb that holds his servants and followers who were all killed and entombed in mass.

After the death of Thutmose and Merritet the Ancient Egyptians struck their names from the records and they lost to the ages until Dr. Artherton excavated the pyramid last year. Despite how hated Thutmose was, he was buried as a pharaoh and many valuable artifacts have been recovered from his un-robbed tomb.

Dr. James inquirers about any curses that are associated with Thutmose’s tomb and is told that nothing out of the ordinary was discovered, nothing more serious than the curses that were discovered with Tut. Dr. Artherton is scheduled to give an evening lecture about the discovery on June 18th, four days after the exhibit opens in Hudson City.

June 5

During the day Joe Dishwasher (a.k.a. Nightstick) encounters Chan Li, an information merchant that hangs around the Chinatown area. Chan informs Joe, for a proper fee, that the Idea men are rumored to be planning an Armored Car heist. The cargo is diamonds from South Africa. A company called Hanson Couriers, a specialty diamond delivery service, is to pick up the diamonds and deliver them to Goldberg Diamond Importers in the Bankhurst district. Later that day Dancer announces that she has heard, from street talk, that the Idea men are going to hit an Armored Car on Friday.

June 6

Today Dr. James, in his new identity goes to the new pharmacy that he has acquired. Various carpenters and cabinetmakers are working over the inside of the shop getting it ready so that it can be stocked next month.

GM NOTE: Neither I, nor the player of Hippocrates, can seem to recall what the name of his new identity was.

While there a man comes by and starts up a conversation. It quickly becomes evident that the man is offering to purchase various types of controlled substances from Dr. James. He offers to pay triple market price in exchange for no questions asked.

Dr. James invites him to lunch to talk it over. The man agrees and is soon shoved into an alleyway and beaten senseless. Dancer quickly arrives and they take the subject to base in lock him in cell #3 for later interrogation about his contacts. This leaves only two cell vacant at the base, the biker who was involved with dealing drugs to children has been disposed of.

June 7, Friday

The Omega Team has determined that Hanson Couriers will pick up a shipment from pier 29 some time shortly after noon today. They proceed to the scout out Hanson Couriers and the pier 29 area, and finally set up at the pier with the intention of acting if the robbery occurs there. If not they will follow the armored car to see if anything happens.

At noon the pick up occurs and the robbers are seen entering the area. The Omega Team acts and soon discovers that the robbery is a sham to allow a VIPER ambush of the Team. The fight is tense and could have proven disastrous for the Omega Team if it were not for the intervention of two new vigilantes Widow & Knight.

VIPER is sent reeling from the failed ambush and about a dozen agents are seriously wounded or killed. Three members of an Air Cavalry 5-Team are shot from the skies as well. Many grenades are used and much damage is done to the cargo containers on the dock. Many surrounding buildings are damaged by shrapnel from the explosions. The freighter waiting at the pier is set afire as well. Fortunately the ship will not sink and suffers only minor damage. The Omega Team makes contact with Widow & Knight and makes arrangements for renewed communication. The Omega team comes away from the battle with a damaged Air Cavalry Jetpack and a Fat Lady Rifle of VIPER manufacture.

The jetpack proves to be an improved version of the standard Jetpack VIPER has been using. The weapon is a sonic rifle that does a 6d6 AVLD attack against Hearing Flash Defense.

VIPER had apparently seized control of the ship while it was several days outside of Hudson City. The crew is unaccounted for and PRIMUS has taken over the investigation. PRIMUS has arrived in time to prevent VIPER from recovering all of its personnel and several wounded VIPER operatives are known to have been taken into custody by PRIMUS.

End of Part 21, part 22 tomorrow. Next time: Savant and his girlfriend go for a boat ride. Too bad the Cabal decides to join them.