Omega Team Campaign Logs

Edsel

Re: Omega Team Campaign Logs

Our group is currently playing in Eosin's Fantasy Hero campaign. However I keep (slowly) doing a little work on updating all of my Dark Champions stuff to 5th Edition. I am very eagerly awaiting the release of DC 5th Edition.

Random Musing Follows:

I have been working on a new setting called the Conclave which has a much more supernatural flare to it. But all of these fond memories of the Omega Team do leave me torn. Several of the players have suggested that the Omega Team to transition into the Conclave setting, perhaps even join the Conclave. But then others (like Eosin) already have a character concept for their Conclave character.

Reguardless of which way I eventually choose to go I will recycle a lot of the Omega Team material. There is just too much good stuff to not use it. I have even considered restarting the Omega Team campaign (I've got the data to do it) and then introducing the Conclave as a new potential ally and through them drawing the group futher into the supernatural and global espionage scene.

EDIT: The Conclave concept did not work out and died a quick death after only a couple of secessions. I am now working on a lower-powered, purely vigilante campaign. We'll see how it goes.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could definately go for an Omega Team Restart but it is really unfair to the 3-4 new players who did not evolve into the rules and campaign. I think it would work better to start everyone on even footing and with equal shots at character concepts - that means that we start at a baseline (new characters - same point totals - etc) no matter how we kick off the new DC game.

That is just my opinion though. I would gladly play Savant into the 300 point range :bmk:

• 1 year later...

I would like to see the character sheets of the characters in this thread.

If you could re post them it would be nice.

Is this the original campaing that became hudson city blues?

I am reading the campain log on Killer Shrikes site right now great stuff all around! :yes:

I would like to see the character sheets of the characters in this thread.

If you could re post them it would be nice.

Is this the original campaing that became hudson city blues?

I am reading the campain log on Killer Shrikes site right now great stuff all around! :yes:

As Killer Shrike said the player characters, and a lot on NPCs, are linked on his page.

It was not the original Hudson City Blues campaign. I just bought that module early and incorporated into my campaign. I stole stuff from all over for that campaign. I used a couple of modules from the old Chill RPG, the Cabal were a mixture of bio-tech and Cthulhu mythos, etc.

Interesting timing for thread necromancy.

Edsel is about to start a new street level Dark Champions campaign. Here is hoping that it is as interesting and fun as the Omega Team. I am pretty sure that Edsel will start a new thread and campaign log for our intrepid vigilates.

[Hehehe, notice the sneaky way in which I obligated Edsel to post cool stuff].

Well when I read the campain log it said that I should look here on the board to find the background on the character sheets. You might want to change that.

In any case great work all around.

That was before we lost the ability to post sheets [the old BB template from Hero Designer].

Yeah; and all my old fancy character sheet exports for the boards got broke when they turned off HTML rendering.

Trencher could you point me to where the reference to this thread is -- I dont have time right now to dig thru it all to find the link/reference.

Thanx!

Send over some updated HDC files if/when you get a chance and ill get em all updated.

Might be a worthwhile exercise to go back thru the posts w/ characters that dont render anymore and just post a link to the full sheet posted on my site.

Also, might want to petition Ben to move this thread into DARK CHAMPIONS where it belongs.

I will send Ben a message and see about moving the thread. I do have a few of the character backgrounds in electronic format and will be posting them here as I get a chance.

I also have most of the HDC files so I may go into to them and paste the background into the proper fields. Then I email them to you KS.

Below is the first of the character backgrounds. I did not write these. In each case they were written by the player whose character they go with. Also these backgrounds, in most cases, were for the character at the start of their game (0 XP). The first up is Hippocrates.

Character Background for Hippocrates

EDIT: I realized the Hippocrates background had been previously posted in this thread. It can be found here.

Character Background for Pax

My story began 25 years ago when I was only 7. I never knew my father and all I ever remember of my mom is that she was always working. On the day of October 13 1972 A police officer came to my apartment and told my baby sitter she could go home, and that he would take cared of me. It was explained to me that my mom had died and that I would be taken to a home for children with no parents. I was taken to an orphanage or at least that is what it was supposed to be, but in truth it was a training ground for criminals. There was no love, no affection simply school and chores. By the time I was 13 I was accepted into the elite of the orphanage the “crewâ€, as we liked to be called, I was 5’ 10†and still growing. At the age of 15 I realized cosmic truth strength is power and seeing how I was 6’2†and none of the other children except one was my size I decided that I would run things at the orphanage. The other kid that was my size had other ideas and schooled me in them. I was beat as bad as one kid could beat another, we were both big but he was a far better fighter. From that day on I decided that I was going to learn to fight with my head and my brawn not just my brawn. I received a small amount of spending money and several hours a day to myself. That precious time and little money all went to one thing training to fight. First I went to the gym and learn the basics of boxing. After about 6 months there was Martial Arts Dojo that opened up. The money I had was not enough to pay for classes so I made arrangements to do odd jobs around the Dojo to make up the difference. I continued my training and made several new “friendsâ€. Once I turned 18 and set free from the orphanage I had several odd jobs but none seemed to work for me. One of my Martial arts friends asked me if I could use some good paying work, which off course I did.

Over the course of the next 6 months I received a crash course in Viper training. Everything I did just seamed right I had finally found something I was good at. Over the course of the next 13 years I move up in rank rapidly. I spent 2 years as a standard viper agent. Once I had completed my tour as an agent I was put in for, and received extra training in hand to hand combat. I spent the next 4 years as a Hand to Hand expert specialized in burgling. After 6 years of field duty (7 years total including training) with virtually a flawless record I went back to school, command school. I finished top in my class and given the assignment of helping to start a new nest in Chicago (the last one was destroyed two years ago). The Chicago assignment was the hardest I have ever worked; the next 6 years were living hell. We finally got a good foothold and all was moving smoothly.

On October 3 my life would change (October has always seamed to be a hard month for me). My mission was simple, break in to the power labs at HiTeck enterprises and steal the plans for the new kinetic powering systems. All was going as planned until we reached the labs themselves. We entered to find the scientist having a party (celebrating their breakthrough). Before I realized what was happening the men under my command were firing on the defenseless scientist, all were dead in a matter of moments. All the information was gathered as per our instructions and we made good our escape. Once the Nest Leader was briefed on what had happened he called me in his office and gave me an on site promotion to assistant nest leader for my heads up action in killing the scientist. To this day I still remember what he said, “good job Pax if a scientist isn’t working for viper there working against usâ€. My reaction to the bungled raid was nausea but I simply could not believe that I let all those scientist get killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had some time off coming so I took it and never went back. I wondered around for about 6 months and finally ended up in H. C. In that six months I had a lot of time to think about what went wrong in my life. I let 30 truly innocent scientist die and to make that right I will save 60 innocent people, that is were I would start!

Two of the characters from the campaign Nightstick and Dancer are not originals. They are modified versions of characters originally published in Hudson City Blues which is still available through the Hero Games Online store. Their backgrounds were pretty much assumed to be the same as listed in the book, but the characters themselves were modified a bit.

If you happen to have that book the write-up for Nightstick can be found on pages 72 & 73 and the write-up for Dancer is on pages 76 & 77.

Nightstick was run as a player character. Dancer was used as an NPC ally which was a very handy device for me, as the GM, to filter information to the players.

Background for Predator (aka Dutch)

At the ripe age of 18 Dutch knew he was a bad ***. An amateur bodybuilder He had reached the height of 6’6†and joined the army as an airborne ranger. His leadership skills were quickly discovered and he soon found himself with the rank of major and in charge of a unit dedicated to the recovery of captured men in extremely high-risk environments. This went on for many years then the mission to the jungle of South America changed him forever. (See the first move) After an extensive debriefing he resigned his commission and joined the New York police department. Soon he became a detective in a high-risk precinct. Wile fighting a gang war during an extra hot summer the aliens came again. (See movie two) During this time Dutch began to feel that maybe he was the one they came back for. Once again he was debriefed this time by a CIA team bent on capturing an alien or some of their technology. This is where Dutch met his contact “Frank Smith†Dutch quit the police force and with the monetary help of a friend of his from the service (Bryan’s character) opened a private detective agency. Dutch also began to get ready for the next encounter with “his†aliens.

Several years went by with little problems then one day Frank came back. Dutch was taken to a secret training facility for the next team to try to capture the aliens. A ship crashed landed in of all places Siberia. He and the unit were equipped with the state of the art US tech. While there Dutch met Ivana a Russian officer in the army. With Ivana’s help Dutch killed 3 of the 4 aliens. As the last alien left he looked Dutch and called him by name. Dutch did hide an alien inviso shield suit, spear, frisby, and two hand daggers.

He also fell in love with Ivana. She was brought to America and they were married in three months. Dutch and Ivana lived happy for several years during this time Dutch learned how to use the alien equipment. (With the help of Ivana, She turned out to be a technical wizard.) Then in the winter of 95 drug dealers killed Ivana because she witnessed a hit. This single event was the trigger to set off Dutch. He began to start to practice for the return of the aliens by hunting and killing the scum of the streets. Using his deceive agency he selects those he feels would be a good hunt and those who were the type to have killed his wife. (He did revenge his wife’s death a long time ago.) Recently the cops have been starting to get close to him, and he thinks that there is a good chance that the aliens will hit Hudson city so he is going to set up shop there. He also found out that is friend (Bryan’s character) has been up to some of the same activity as him.

Before heading to Hudson City Dutch checks into the omega team. He thinks that there is strength in numbers and wants some friends to depend on when the aliens return.

(Also he is looking for other kindred spirits.) He will want to follow/ check out the omega team for him self before sighing up.

That's about it for now. I can't find copies of any other characters' backgrounds. This was years ago. There may be a hard copy of some other backgrounds around here but I don't know when I'll get around to typing them into an electonic format.

Here is Savant - I don't think I have Uriel's background any longer. I wonder why you don't have an electronic version?

SAVANT

Background: Andrew’s parents were wealthy but met a tragic end while he was still an infant. He was raised, in essence, by the staff and tutors provided by his family but never really had parental figures.

Andrew was always brilliant. He excelled in school, beginning his college career at the age of 11. By the age of 15 when he began to have the Headaches, Andrew was finishing a PhD in Psychology and Aberrant Psychology. His strong science background was looked on as something of an oddity but his intense work in mathematics and pattern recognition led him to believe that many of the same theories could be applied to people, hence his interest in those who deviated from the pattern.

Reading all of the “real crime†reports while also finding his teenaged love for comics was jarring to Andrew’s mind. There was a disparity in what he wanted to believe and what he read on a daily basis. Many nights Andrew applied his prodigious mind to the question of heroics, even going so far as to take up a parallel study in semiotics [symbolism]. His dissertation was on the culturally derived meaning, inherent in the family symbol of Superman, in contrast to the symbolism of clearly nationalistic paragons such as Captain America or Captain Briton.

While he still had a child’s idealism, many agreed that Andrew Hobbs was frighteningly astute disseminating human beings into simple equations that were by and large solvable.

He was destined for some of the greatest think tanks in the US, until he had a seizure while visiting Cal Tech. Andrew was diagnosed with an inoperable Astrosarcoma a rare type of cancer that affects the Astrocytes, commonly referred to as a type of “Brain Cancer.â€

Andrew studied his situation and immediately formulated a strategy. He was going to die shortly, so why not do something good and important with his life. At 17 years old, he look to the most familiar place for inspiration – comic books. He understood criminals and how they operated, it should be a simple matter to stop them. 68 stitches and 3 beatings later, it was apparent that he needed help. He began training with the most reputed Martial Arts master in town Zhu Shou.

Later he realized that someone within the dojo was Nightstick the vigilante. Just what the young kid needed…..someone who could kick @$$ while Andrew took names. He eventually approached the Omega Team and Nightstick asking for membership in the team. The team was put off by the Batman uniform. They were not put off by his skills, nor the speed at which he could analyze a situation. Andrew was somewhat short on the combat side but used a number of unique weapons and weapon systems that demonstrated his value.

Motivation: Savant wants to make a difference with the time he has left in this world. He has come to believe that his death is imminent so he elected to take a more direct method to help people.

Tactics: Savant used a number of unusual gadgets and had a pretty wide array of tricks. He used hang glider capes, spring boots, line guns and other tools to increase his mobility. He was careful with his shots eschewing autofire weapons in favor of single weapons with high STUN damage -- CS pistols 8d6 STUN damage or if serious he would use a Laser Pistol 2d6 RKA with 2 points piercing.

I found the backgrounds for three more characters. I also found Savant's but Eosin already posted that. The stuff below was taken from the Background tab of these character's HDC files.

Background for The Remittance Man He was Dutch before the player running Predator joined the group by which time this player had moved on.

Background: At the ripe age of 18 Dutch knew he was a bad ***. An amateur bodybuilder He had reached the height of 6’6” and joined the army as an airborne ranger. His leadership skills were quickly discovered and he soon found himself with the rank of major and in charge of a unit dedicated to the recovery of captured men in extremely high-risk environments. This went on for many years then the mission to the jungle of South America changed him forever. (See the first move) After an extensive debriefing he resigned his commission and joined the New York police department. Soon he became a detective in a high-risk precinct. Wile fighting a gang war during an extra hot summer the aliens came again. (See movie two) During this time Dutch began to feel that maybe he was the one they came back for. Once again he was debriefed this time by a CIA team bent on capturing an alien or some of their technology. This is where Dutch met his contact “Frank Smith” Dutch quit the police force and with the monetary help of a friend of his from the service (Bryan’s character) opened a private detective agency. Dutch also began to get ready for the next encounter with “his” aliens.

Several years went by with little problems then one day Frank came back. Dutch was taken to a secret training facility for the next team to try to capture the aliens. A ship crashed landed in of all places Siberia. He and the unit were equipped with the state of the art US tech. While there Dutch met Ivana a Russian officer in the army. With Ivana’s help Dutch killed 3 of the 4 aliens. As the last alien left he looked Dutch and called him by name. Dutch did hide an alien inviso shield suit, spear, frisby, and two hand daggers.

He also fell in love with Ivana. She was brought to America and they were married in three months. Dutch and Ivana lived happy for several years during this time Dutch learned how to use the alien equipment. (With the help of Ivana, She turned out to be a technical wizard.) Then in the winter of 95 drug dealers killed Ivana because she witnessed a hit. This single event was the trigger to set off Dutch. He began to start to practice for the return of the aliens by hunting and killing the scum of the streets. Using his deceive agency he selects those he feels would be a good hunt and those who were the type to have killed his wife. (He did revenge his wife’s death a long time ago.) Recently the cops have been starting to get close to him, and he thinks that there is a good chance that the aliens will hit Hudson city so he is going to set up shop there. He also found out that is friend (Bryan’s character) has been up to some of the same activity as him.

Before heading to Hudson City Dutch checks into the omega team. He thinks that there is strength in numbers and wants some friends to depend on when the aliens return.

(Also he is looking for other kindred spirits.) He will want to follow/ check out the omega team for him self before sighing up.

Personality/Motivation: Alexander is driven by his need to repay what the criminal element has done to him and the innocents that he has delt with. He feels that by being a vigilante he can make amends for his failure in helping his former partner.

Quote: "The time has come to pay your debts."

Powers/Tactics: In combat he prefers to use guns and nicely fulfills the roll of sniper for the group. He is one of the only Omega Team members to not posess martial arts training. He is particularly adept with the laser rifle. His family company AWS produces laser weapons for use by PRIMUS and other government agencies.

Campaign Use: The Remittance Man is very well connected and has impressive information gathering skills. He was one of the best investigators that the Omega Team ever had. He is also wealthy due to his family. When this character left the campaign he moved to the West Coast and took over a major management position with the family firm. From that point onward he was the team's connection to some of the cutting edge weapons that they used.

Appearance: His most distinctive feature is his steely gray eyes. He is a large man but not overly powerfully built. He is trim and in good physical shape.

Background for Uriel

Background: Uriel was an olympic gymnast whose dream of gold was cut short by a botched burglary that left him with two broken legs and a broken dream. Even with the extensive investigation and the assistance of his father, a United States Senator little was ever discovered about the perpurtrators.

Personality/Motivation: Uriel harbors deep secrets. His father is a member of DEMON (The Cabal) and used Uriel as a child in unspeakable ways. The reason he is a vigilante is to have a chance to strike back at his father and those like him who live beyond touch and beyond the law. Strangly (or not) Uriel will not do anything that might bring him into conflict with his fahter, who has instilled a fear so deep in the vigilante that it may never be overcome.

Powers/Tactics: Uriel is direct and often deadly. He generally uses a streetsweeper shotgun or a P-15 with special ammunition. The incredibly stong man is not afraid to get physical and once nearly beat Buckshot to death.

Appearance: The character is taken somewhat from Tim Dagget a US gymnast.

Background for Gunner

Background: Gunner is a former HCPD Detective. His years on the street, dealing with crime left him disillusioned with the way the system worked. Too often he would see the guilty walk free and the innocent suffer. In his last case with the force he uncovered a ring of corrupt cops and tried to expose them. He found out that the corruption extended to his own boss and he hit a dead end. This led him to developed a lack of respect for authority and his resignation from the force. He left under a cloud of suspision sown by those he tried to expose and so to this day the HCPD keeps tabs on him. Those he tried to expose know that he knows the truth and would like to see him silenced for good.

In his youth Gunner was a marine and there he leared his Commando-style of martial arts. He nearly ended up with a Marine Corp tatoo but never got around to it. As a new recruit in the HCPD he got a departmental tatoo on his shoulder while he was still enamored with his new job.

Gunner now leads a double life. He is publicly known as Michel Hansen, private investigator. He is also Gunner, a vigilante who is a member of the Omega Team. The Omega Team allows Gunner to ensure that justice is visited on those who are truly deserving.

Personality/Motivation: Gunner has a strong sense of justice and his activities with the Omega Team allows him to express it in the way he knows best.

Quote: "I don't arrest people anymore. I tried that, it didn't work."

Powers/Tactics: With his HCPD background and regular job as a private investigator. Gunner operates in a very police-like fashion, up until what would have been the point of arrest.

Campaign Use: He is a good, well-rounded character. Not a powerhouse in any one field but able to fill in almost any gap.

Appearance: A darkly complected caucasian who usually sports a 5 o'clock shadow. Gunner dresses like a sterotypical gumshoe. He usually has on his bullet-proof trenchcoat.