Omega Team Campaign Logs

Edsel

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 22

June 8

The day starts with the various team members taking care of personal business and otherwise covering their secret identities.

A review of the newspaper yields two items that could be the target of the, expected, 4-of-a-kind crime by Cardshark. SIMCORP will be doing a demo, for the press, of their new Turtle powered armor suits. They will demo four sets of the armor with different options. Armbruster Industries is taking delivery of four industrial diamond-making machines. Both of these, the delivery and the demo, are to take place on Monday afternoon.

Since it is such a beautiful day Andrew Hobbs takes his girlfriend, Valerie Steiner, to the Hudson City Regatta that is taking place in the bay today and tomorrow. At about 5:00 PM the boat is seized by a multitude of tentacles. The sailboat and occupants are then pulled out of the bay and southward down the coast. Savant is able to alert the rest of the Omega Team, except Dancer who fails to answer the emergency call, and they race to the coast to try and help.

The boat with Savant and Valerie approaches the entry to the Black Bog. The rest of the Omega Team (minus Dancer) is able to overtake them using a commandeered motorboat. They are able to kill the giant squid (at least that’s what the guess it is) using a five-gallon can of gasoline and a well-placed shot from Pax’s battle rifle.

GM NOTE: The Black Bog is located south of Hudson City. It has a sinister reputation. Many ghost stories and tales of the occult (witches, etc.) make-up the tales of the Black Bog.

The team has a short debate and, over the protests of Hippocrates, proceeds into the swamp to locate the Cabal presence that they suspect is behind all of this. There is a great fear that Dancer may have fallen into their hands and if this is the case they dare not tarry for her life could be in jeopardy.

Their fears are well placed. They encounter a Cabal ceremony with Dancer as its centerpiece. In an extremely close battle the Omega Team prevails, only Savant is left standing. Five Black Cabal and a Dozen Red Cabal agents are dispatched along with a Nightgaunt. The woman/creature known as the Demoness is also encountered here but escapes unscathed. Nightstick is left with some long-term psychological effects (got a nasty spell cast on him) and Pax has had his life force partially sapped (Demoness got hold of him briefly) but both should make full recoveries, given time. Dancer is rescued and Hippocrates is revived after being knocked unconscious during the battle.

GM NOTE: This is the epic battle that Eosin had eluded to earlier. Several times it came down to the team hoping someone would wake back up before the rest of the team were knocked out. I believe that every member of the Omega Team was unconscious at least once during this battle. It took place in a large clearing in the bog and started with the classical “save-the-naked-sacrifice-from-the-alter†scenario. In the end they were just lucky that the Demoness saw no reason to take any risks. Since the ceremony was shot anyway she had no real reason to stay. I hope that Eosin or Nightstick can elaborate on this battle.

June 9

The day passes rather uneventfully as the team catches up on its rest and does not go looking for trouble.

June 10, Monday

Today the team decides to cover two different things that they believe could be the four-of-a-kind crime target. They send Dancer to cover the demo of the four sets of Turtle Armor that SIMCORP will be holding. The rest of the team along with the widow will keep an eye on the new industrial diamond-making machines as they are delivered to Armbruster Industries.

The Widow has contacted the Omega Team and is interested in throwing in her lot with the team. She has been unable to contact Knight, her partner since just after the VIPER encounter on Friday (June 7th). His whereabouts remain unknown and even her contacts with the chessmen are of no help. Knight has the means to contact Widow via cell phone (and she he) but he does not answer when she tries to contact him. His fate remains unknown for the present.

GM NOTE: The Chessmen are an international, mysterious and very knowledgeable cartel that, seemingly, works for the cause of righteous. Widow & Knight are but two of vigilante types to whom they provide information and convert support in order to further their goals. (Eosin ran a short campaign in which we played members of the Chessmen).

Dancer’s surveillance of the Turtle armor demonstration is uneventful. She notices a heavy PRIMUS presence that may or may not be in response to an anonymous phone tip made by Savant that warned of a possible theft attempt.

The rest of the team meets the freight train hauling the diamond-makers 50 miles outside of town. They shadow the train and eventually the inter-modal trucks that deliver the machines to Armbruster’s facility. The team then sets up a stake out of Armbruster’s facility.

Their vigilance is rewarded when a Cardshark team arrives, apparently intent on stealing the machines. In a sharp battle the more numerous Cardshark team is ambushed and put to flight leaving several spades agents and a wrecked helicopter at the facility. The Omega team has to flee the area quickly as a nearby Hudson City Police car attempts to give chase only to be foiled by the Omega Truck’s smoke screen.

The police are able to take 10 Cardshark agents into custody and recover a 7.62mm mini-gun from the damaged helicopter on the roof of the factory. The helicopter is missing all identifying exterior markings but is a Bell Jet Ranger reported stolen several years ago from a small private airfield. The mini-gun is believed to be one that turned up missing in a National Guard inventory six years ago. The pilots and passengers of the helicopter are believed to be the only Cardshark agents that escaped. The police know that the Omega Team is responsible for foiling whatever Cardshark was up to. A pair of patrol officers arrived in time to witness a lot of the fight. The Omega Team escaped in a Truck that is equipped with a smoke screen and is apparently armored since bullets from the Cardshark team bounced off of it. The truck is described as about the size of a large UPS truck, dark in color and painted as a commercial vehicle belonging to “Perfect Diesel Engine Repair,†the company turns out to be non-existent. The shell casings recovered at the scene confirm the officer’s reports that the Omega team was using Assault shotguns and submachine guns. The patrol car’s dashboard camera also captured the truck’s tag number which also proves to be a non-existent number (3KL-24B3). Several chunks of solid rubber from the truck’s tires are also recovered indicating that the vehicle uses solid, bullet resistant, tires. A reasonable tread pattern can be discerned from the fragments and tracks left on a grimy patch on the road surface.

Later that night Hippocrates has a dream . . .

June 11

Hippocrates dream:

He is watching from outside of the dream, as if in a movie. He travel up a deserted street in a suburban town lit by tall street lamps and stop before the door of a small white house. The door opens and he goes inside.

The room is dark, but a shaft of light from the open door slices through the shadows. Several decaying bodies lie on the floor. As he move closer he discovers that the bodies are his and his fellow Omega Team members! Their eyes and mouths are open, frozen in looks of terror.

Hippocrates’ body holds a scroll to its chest. A hand swathed in rotting bandages reaches out from the darkness and takes the scroll. A low chuckle is heard from the shadows.

This basically unnerves everybody.

Knight reappears. He is unable to account for his whereabouts for the last couple of days; in fact he claims to have a complete blackout regarding what has happened to him. When he thinks of contacting his partner, the Widow, a street address flashes into his head, the address of the Omega Teams secret base and the current location of the Widow. He then makes contact with the Widow and hence the rest of the Omega Team.

June 12-13

George Bell is mugged, but not seriously hurt, by a group of four street thugs who were looking for cash with which to buy ICE. The Omega Team tracks them down and intimidates them into checking into a substance abuse center. While taking care of this business they overhear, on police scanners, that the Pack and resurfaced and attacked an alleged crack-house on the far side of town. The scanner report tends to indicate that there were at least 4 attackers.

Nightstick receives a phone call on his Omega Team cell-phone. On the other end of the line is a mechanical-sounding voice that says, “ask the kids about the thing in Radcliff manor.†The connection is then severed. Nightstick believes, as do other Omega Team members that this was the long silent Machine.

Nightstick observes a couple of cops shaking down a junkie simply to steal his stash of ICE. Nightstick becomes enraged over the dirty cops and beats them severely before leaving them in the street. The incident results in some poor publicity for the team as the cops lie about attack by the “crazed vigilante†and are believed due to lack of witnesses. Captain McPhearson, commander of the new VAIS squad, is said to be handling the investigation of the attack on the two HCPD officers.

These events, and the discovery that street crime related to ICE has risen by over 50% in the last two weeks, leads the team to make elimination of the ICE source their number one priority. They hatch a plan to place two outlaw biker bars under surveillance: The Skids (hangout of the Highway Mobsters) and the Thirsty Hog (hangout of the Asphalt Kings). Dancer and Knight infiltrate the Skids and Widow and Pax take the Thirsty Hog (GM NOTE: I am having a hard time remembering who went to which bar, anybody remember?). There is a close call at the Thirsty Hog as the Harbinger of Justice carries out an execution of three suspects in front of the disguised vigilantes.

The team is finally able to shadow an ICE deliveryman from one of the bars. They loose him when he crosses in front of a train into a residential neighborhood. The team is eventually able to determine that a currently abandoned home in the area was once owned by a family named Radcliff. The neighborhood in question has numerous children in it and the team soon decided that this matches the cryptic message that Nightstick previously received. On the night of the 13th the team hits the manor and eliminates the ICE lab and its mastermind.

GM NOTE: Here is another fight that I did not record the details of. Eosin or Nightstick can feel free to provide details, if they remember. I have noticed that here, toward the end, I was getting sloppy in filling in what the police gathered in the way of evidence. I take this as a sign that I was starting to get burned out of running the weekly game.

June 14, Friday

The King Thutmose exhibit opens today at the Hudson City Museum of Anthropology and Natural History. The members of the Omega Team all have tickets and so they go to view the mummy and accompanying artifacts. Upon viewing the mummy of King Thutmose both Hippocrates and Savant become uneasy and sense an almost tangible evil about the corpse of the pharaoh. Besides the mummy itself a fragment of his sarcophagus is also on display and the writings upon it catch the eye of Dr. James. The writing, as translated by Dr. James is below (Dr. James has been actively studying ancient Egyptian writing (hieroglyphics & regular script) for several months now. He has become relatively fluent with the dead language). Anyway on with the translation:

I Thutmose curse thee, Osris! Thine servants did come and embalm me. Thou did embalm these my members, for I would not perish and come to an end [but would be] even like unto the divine type that never saw corruption.

My hiding place will be opened, my hiding place will be opened. Though Spirits fall headlong in the darkness, the Eye of Horus hath made me unholy, and Merritet hath prepared me. I will hide myself among you, I am not a man to whom violence can be done. I shall not die a second time in Het-Ka-Ptah (The Ancient Egyptian name for Memphis).

I am like unto a god, and my members shall have being everlastingly. I shall not decay, I shall not rot, I shall not putrefy, I shall not turn into worms, and I shall not see corruption before the eye of the gods. I shall have my being, I shall have by being; I shall live, I shall live; I shall flourish, I shall flourish, I shall flourish.

I am eternal. At the appointed time, again will I walk among men. No one can lift a hand against me.

While at the museum, Joe Dishwasher encounters a curious little old man named Applebee who sells Thutmose souvenirs. Nightstick thinks the man is a little odd and talks to one of the souvenir shop employees about him. He learns that Applebee makes the trinkets he sells himself and that he travels from place to place with the exhibit. Applebee wears a couple of cat buttons, one reads “Meow Power†and the other says, “I [LOVE] My Cat†(the love being a heart). The girl from the souvenir shop says that Applebee gives her the creeps.

Andrew Hobbs, pretending to be a wealth philanthropist attempts to arrange a private meeting with Dr. James Atheron, the archaeologist who is the discoverer of Thutmose and who has lead all of the digging. Dr. Arherton is due in town on Tuesday to give a fund-raising lecture. Though he is currently at the dig sight, arrangements are made to have him contact Andrew at the earliest possible time.

That night Nightstick stakes out the museum, for a couple of hours, and watches the changing of the security guards shift. Eight guards leave just after six fresh guards arrive.

June 15

This morning it is discovered that another marrow murder has taken place in Hudson City. (Did I ever mention the first one?). The team becomes very worried about what might be going on. Through some checking with a police contact they discover that the panic system for the museum’s alarm system has been wired to alert PRIMUS directly incase of trouble, this has apparently been done at the insistence of PRIMUS.

Nightstick again observes the museum this night and stays until past midnight but the evening is uneventful.

This ends part 22. Next in part 23, you can’t keep a villian under wraps. Sadly it looks as if part 23 will be the last part. It is fragmentary as well but I’ll try and flesh it out some before I post it. It may take me a little bit of work to do that. I’ll post it as soon as I can get it ready.

Part 23, Final entry

Part 23, the final chapter. :(

Toward the end of this part you will find some sections in red text. These entries were the fragmentary notes I had made of the unfinished log of the final secession(s) of the campaign. I have tried to reconstruct what happened at that time, both from my own memory and from talking with some of the players.

June 16, mostly late night

The team decides to place the museum and Applebee under surveillance all night tonight. They use a sophisticated laser listening device to monitor Applebee’s room on the 4th floor of the Cordoba Hotel. Pax disguised as a FedEx deliveryman with Gateway Computer boxes smuggles the equipment to the roof of the office building across the street. That night Hippocrates, Nightstick and Dancer keep an eye on the Hotel while Pax, Widow and Savant maintain the vigil at the hotel. (The equipment works by focusing a laser beam on a window and uses it as a diaphragm. By measuring the vibration of the window it can recreate the sounds within the room.)

Applebee arrives at the hotel about 8:00 that evening. At about 10:45 Pax hears what sounds like a muffled, short, chant in Applebee’s room, then all is silent. At about 11:45 a cab delivers Applebee and two other men to the museum, Hippocrates reports this to Pax and the group at the hotel. Applebee has not been observed leaving the hotel. Widow picks the lock to Applebee’s room and discovers that he is indeed gone. The room contains only a few changes of clothes, which seems to be very little for a man who is living out of the hotel. The room seems to smell unusually musty. Widow leaves the room as she found it to avoid tipping off the absent occupant.

Applebee is seen leaving the museum about half an hour later. About 10 minutes later Pax hears a sizzling noise from Applebee’s room and then the noise of somebody moving about. The team decides to meet at Applebee’s hotel and confront the man.

The team proceeds to Applebee’s room with the exception of Pax who readies himself to rappel from the hotel roof and enter from the balcony window. The team, most in combat gear pound on Applebee’s door and rouse several nearby guest who take one look out into the hall and then rapidly close their doors. When Applebee opens the door he hurriedly ushers the vigilantes inside and seems very worried and frightened about something besides them. He urgently utters about how “its beyond my control†or some such thing. The room suddenly is pitched into darkness about the same time Pax comes crashing through the balcony window. Applebee screams in terror and then a body can be heard hitting the ground, something bites Savant on the leg and general chaos ensues.

In seconds the lighting is restored. Applebee lies dead on the floor with an expression of terror on his face. A gurgling noise can be heard coming from the kitchen area. Pax investigates in time to see a formless black mass with a single baleful eye disappear down the drain in the sink. The team quick gathers up the body of the old man and rappels out the window to their waiting vehicle across the street. The few stunned pedestrians who are out at this time of night watch the para-military group rappel out of the lighted front of the hotel with the body of an old man. They then scramble across the street and speed away in a FedEx truck.

The team hurries back to the base and Hippocrates starts an in-depth autopsy of the corpse of Applebee.

No firearms were discharged within the room. There is no blood in the room either (the bite on Savant’s leg was very minor). From the description given by witnesses the police believe that this was the Omega Team. They find out that Applebee was renting the room and they are now unable to locate him. Witnesses said that the Omega Team was carrying a person with them (nobody knew whether he was dead or just unconscious). The police are mystified as to why the Omega Team would kidnap this unassuming old man. The ropes and some of the repelling gear are recovered but they are not really traceable and no fingerprints are found since all were wearing gloves. The female (Widow) may or may not be a new member of the Omega Team. The team is known to have a female member but the description of this woman seems a little different.

June 17

Hippocrates’ autopsy on Applebee reveals that the old man apparently died of a massive heart attack, his heart literally bursting within his chest (a severe thrombosis). Applebee’s body is locked away in one of the drawers and several tissue samples are locked in the medical freezer.

After a team discussion, Pax decides that to try and find out what Applebee did at the museum last night. Investigation into Applebee’s past has drawn a blank (no records). Pax and Nightstick return to the museum in the afternoon with the goal of obtaining the security tapes from last night. They succeed in obtaining the tape but must flee when the alarm is sounded (blown Security Systems roll). Examination of the tape reveals a blank spot of about 20 minutes length last night after midnight. On the way out of the museum, Applebee is spotted by Nightstick. He is apparently alive and well. (No, you don’t get extra experience points if you kill him again).

Nightstick quickly informs the rest of the team of his Applebee sighting. It is quickly discovered that Applebee’s body is missing from the base lab. The few tissue samples that remain seem to have taken on a great age (desiccated). Hippocrates arranges for the samples to be sent out for radio carbon dating.

That night Dr. Thomas James has another dream:

Dr. James finds himself on a busy city street with a hot sun glaring down upon him. The many people that move around him are dark skinned and wear Middle-Eastern clothing; the men are bearded and the women veiled.

He begins to cross the street. Halfway across the squeal of tires is heard. He looks up to see a black automobile bearing down upon him. It has no driver.

A medieval mace appears in Dr. James’s hands. Just as the car is about to flatten him, he dives out of the way and slams the mace into the vehicle’s side. The car shatters and pieces of black metal fly everywhere.

The car’s hood ornament lands at his feet. It’s a bizarre animal of chrome, a creature with a lion’s body and a hawk’s head. Lying next to it is a scroll. This seems important, but as he reaches for the scroll a large black bird swoops down and grabs it in its talons. The creature flies off and its screech sounds like mocking laughter.

June 18

Mummy attacks at Omega Base. Yep, that’s the only note I have for this paragraph. The history here was not finished. I just never got around to elaborating and now it’s been years. Of course this means that a mummy actually attacked the team at the base. I believe that it did not fare too well since they had access to all their weapons. I do not remember who was at the base at the time of the attack (I think it was only a couple of people). I know that no Omega Team members were killed or seriously injured and the mummy eventually left (it could not be slain with what they had available to them at this time). The mummy was either after something, or gave up trying to kill them since it had to keep regenerating.

While in route to Hudson City, Dr. James Atherton contacts Andrew Hobbs, collect via air phone. The cost does not trouble Savant since he has so thoroughly infiltrated the Phone Company computers that he actually makes money on these types of calls. An arrangement is made to talk personally with Dr. Arherton after he finishes his lecture tonight.

At the lecture and slide-show the team learns of the existence of a sphinx statue a creature with the head of a hawk and the body of the lion. The statue was found inside the tomb of Thutmose and is currently in the Cairo Museum of Antiquities. An inscription on the sphinx reads “I hold the secret of Thutmose’s eternal deathâ€, a curious statement since the ancient Egyptians goal was eternal life. They quickly resolve to travel to Cairo to obtain the scroll they feel must be hidden within the statue. Extensive research and obscure occult texts tell that a mummy can only be truly slain if its creation scroll is read backwards at the spot of its creation, the team feels that this scroll must be what they are looking for.

At their meeting with Dr. Atherton arrangements are made for the team to visit the sight of the tomb, the team plans a side trip to the Egyptian museum. (I do not believe that they took Dr. Atherton into their confidence. They likely made up some research excuse and promised a big cash grant for cooperation.

June 19, Wednesday

Mummy appearance on the Plane. Another almost meaningless note. I know that the mummies had a mystical ability to locate a known enemy wherever that enemy might be. They could then teleport to the vicinity and attack at the most unexpected times. They could not teleport into sight of anybody, but had to come from around the corner or through a door or something similar. If I recall correctly the mummy came out of the airplane’s lavatory and attacked. I believe that the Omega Team were using a chartered jet for the flight and so there were not a lot of civilians involved. They had made arrangements to have some of their weapons smuggled into Egypt. I think they had chartered a Lockheed Starship for the flight to Cairo. Though this was a tense flight, what with the danger of firearms inside a plane, nobody was seriously hurt. The team successfully made it to Cairo International Airport.

In Egypt

Battle at the Museum. After arriving in Egypt the team heads to the Cairo Antiquities Museum. They are in search of the Sphinx statue (the one with the lion’s body and hawk’s head). They find the sphinx after a brief search. As soon as one of them touches it, the sphinx animates and attacks them. Bullets have little effect and Nightstick’s three section staff seems to be the most effective. Some of the team remembers a pair of crossed maces just outside the door of the room in which the sphinx resided. They grab the maces and eventually the team manages to shatter the living statue. From the broken remains they recover a pair of ancient burial scrolls. Dr. James studies them briefly and confirms that these are the scrolls they need to destroy Thutmose and Merritet.

By now it was quite obvious that there were two mummies. Merritet, the former priest, was the first to be animated, he took on the guise of Applebee and eventually managed to raise, Thutmose the Elder, his master. Since the team had the two scrolls they needed they next had to head to the site of the pyramid, in the desert, to perform the ceremony to destroy the two mummies.

Of course the battle in the museum with an animated statue drew a lot of attention from the few people that were present. Most fled in terror when they saw what was happening. By the time authorities arrived the team was long gone. The few people who hung around told a fantastical story of an animated sphinx attacking a group of western tourists who proceeded to break it up with staves and maces. A lot of this is attributed to people’s eyes playing tricks on them. The Egyptian government comes to believe it was a terrorist attack of some sort aimed at the country’s heritage.

June 20, Egypt

Dust storm and the Corbies. On the trip through the desert in jeeps, with a guide named Ali Misfin (a native Egyptian archeologist). The team encounters a pair of Corbies. Corbies are vulture-like servants of Thutmose. The Corbies threaten the team (they can talk) to no avail. They then command a group of vultures to attack the party (a lot of birds get shot). And finally summon up a sand storm (which is pretty harrowing). Eventually the team makes it to the dig site.

At the Tomb. The last scene. The team arrives at the pyramid. Here John Miles, assistant to Dr. Atherton, greets them. Miles is expecting them due to their previous arrangements. At first he is a little skeptical about letting them into the site since its all a little irregular but Ali confirms that these are the people that Dr. Atherton wanted access given to.

When they move toward the entrance to the pyramid the two guards at the door step out and block their path. The men toss aside their weapons and instantly transform into the two mummies. Chaos ensues. The workers, Miles and Ali flee in terror as the mummies move to attack. The Omega Team reveals their weapons and start blazing away at the mummies. Though the mummies cannot be slain by normal means, they can be blown apart. This forces them to disappear in a swirl of dust and sand, only to reappear seconds later coming around any nearby corner or other out of view location.

The team quickly fights their way to the burial chamber and Dr. James begins reading the scrolls backwards to destroy the mummies. The rest of the team spends their time blasting away as the mummies constantly attempt to reach Dr. James and the scrolls. Dr. James is nearly forced to abort to a dodge several times (which would have forced him to start the reading over again). The team takes a few knocks but their luck and ammo hold out and with a baleful moan the mummies collapse in a heap of dust which is then scattered by a fierce wind that blows through the pyramid.

Thus ends the mummies, Thutmose the Elder and Merritet his vizier. Sadly this also ends the campaign logs of the Omega Team campaign.

What's Next?

Why did the campaign end at this point?

I had been running the campaign for almost two years at this point. We played every week and rarely missed secession. Frankly I had gotten pretty burned out by this point. The campaign logs cover only the relevant events that we had to keep track of to continue the story. Many encounters and minor battles took place that was never entered into the campaign logs. They just didn’t want to play anything else and we could not get to a “good stopping place”. Of course since I had such a serial game going at this point there never was going to be a “good stopping place.”

By the end of the campaign, Nightstick had the most experience (107), followed by Hippocrates (104). This was averaging 2 or 3 XPs each time they were awarded (which was not every session). A character averaged 1 or 2 XPs per night of gaming.

Is this the end of the Omega Team?

Probably. I could run some more games for them. Heaven knows there are enough loose ends. The three core players are still with my gaming group (Eosin, Nightstick and Hippocrates’s player (who has no computer or internet access)). It has been around 3 years or so since we played this and I have many new ideas of things I could do better. We will probably try something new (a campaign I intend the call the Conclave) when I start my next Dark Champions campaign (several months away).

Other Campaign Logs

Eosin is getting ready to start his Fantasy Hero Campaign ( Echoes of Glory ) (in about 1 month). He has vowed to maintain a campaign log for this campaign and I’ll encourage him to post it. My own character (a yet unnamed bard) will also be maintaining a personal journal, which I also hope to post. Eventually when I start my Conclave campaign I will definitely keep a log for it as well.

Hmm....well, now that there are no more campaign logs, you'll have time to get the other characters into HD and send them my way to be posted :D

Also, if you have file copies of the various Parts of the Log, I would like to post them as well, and of course if you could also provide me with names & blurbs on Allies, Villains, and any Quotes and/or EGO Board type details Id like to get them up too. Following is a sample list, but whatever categories you think worthwhile will work:

Other Allies

?

Rogues Gallery

The Omega Team have faced off against some heavy hitters in their short tenure, although due to the nature of the team the membership that has faced any particular foe differs.

Most Powerful Villain:

Most Hated Villain:

Most Disgusting Villain:

Most Elusive Villain:

Also rans:

Faces in the crowd:

EGO Board

Body Count:

Most Respected By The Media And Feds:

Least Respected By The Media And Feds:

Most Amusing Quotes:

Most Controversial:

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Fight:

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Hit:

Most Damage Taken In A Single Fight:

Most Damage Taken In A Single Hit:

Most Insane Perseverance:

Most Heroic Actions Taken:

Most Well Spoken:

Most Fun To Have In Group:

Most Flexible:

Most Skilled:

Most Well Rounded:

Most Surprising:

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Savant's Point of View:

Other Allies: Hmmm..Mainly contacts - see HD sheet

Rogues Gallery

Most Powerful Villain: Card Shark.

Most Hated Villain: DEMON/Cabal

Most Disgusting Villain: Sharkie (selling orphans to the fishies.)

Most Elusive Villain: The Machine. :) Also an ally.

Most scary villain: Timbailer Tommy....wow did that give us the willies.

Also rans:

Faces in the crowd:

EGO Board

Body Count: The Good DR far outstripped everyone in KIA's

Most Respected By The Media And Feds: Savant!

Least Respected By The Media And Feds: Psychopathic MD

Most Amusing Quotes:

Most Controversial: Sanpshot and Uriel resulting to cold blooded murder.

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Fight:

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Hit:

Most Damage Taken In A Single Fight: The Dr an his head shot that took him to -8 or -9 BODY.

Most Damage Taken In A Single Hit:

Most Insane Perseverance: The fight with the Demoness - every single one of us.

Most Heroic Actions Taken: Wildcard...He took a nasty shot saving a kid and lept - was blown from a 6 or 7 story building with a little girl. I asked Eddie if I could take the damage for her....he said Roll your luck.....I activated 3 dice of 3 dice of my luck. Girl walked away basically unharmed and it was caught on film. Wildcard died but he sure looked good doing it.

Most Well Spoken:

Most Fun To Have In Group: That would have to be the Remittance man....Cause we love to game with Duncan but never get too anymore.

Most Flexible:

Most Skilled: Debatible - Savant or the Doctor.

Most Well Rounded:

Most Surprising: I think Snapshot was the most surprising. He kept doing crazy stuff. Though Tenderheart being a transgender, obsessive, crazed, romance novel writing, freak with a hearton for the Remittance man was quite the joke for some time.

I still need to detail the DEMON battle. It was wild.

I think Nightstick gets a little short changed in the Ego Board - mainly cause he in a skills intensive character and required a hell of alot of points where I and the others could be much more versitile than he.

BUT the Nightstick was basically invisible (18+ Stealth Roll) and a brutal hand to hand combatant. He never would have gotten beat up by a Cardshark agent :)

Cool, thanx! Nightstick, Edsel?

I'll go over the list tomorrow evening and probably be able to give you some feedback on it. I should also have the Remittance Man entered in to HD tomorrow. I already started him a few days ago, just need to finish. After that I'll start working on some of the villians as I get the time.

Other Allies

?

Rogues Gallery

The Omega Team have faced off against some heavy hitters in their short tenure, although due to the nature of the team the membership that has faced any particular foe differs.

Most Powerful Villain: Demoness. Though If I had ever finished making up other members of the Cabal she might not have been. Demoness, as written for 4th Edition, was 500 points even.

Most Hated Villain: I was the GM, I didn't hate any of them. They were my children. :)

Most Disgusting Villain: Timbaler Tommy was probably the most disgusting looking one, though the two mummies might have given him a run for his money.

Most Elusive Villain: Tarot, a Cabal member that Dancer was hunting and hunted by. They never encountered her (mainly because I never completed her character sheet).

Also rans: The Bogey Man, Deadman's Hand (of Cardshark) and Hellrazor were all pretty fearsome foes.

Faces in the crowd: There were lots of early thugs that the team literally put on slow boats to China. They began to fear a backlash of Hong Kong Action Theater type thugs returning for revenge.

EGO Board

Body Count: I'd have to agree that the good doctor (Hippocrates) would get the award for the highest body count. Some, like Predator & Snapshot, were pretty blood thirsty but their effective careers were too short to surpass the doctor's tally.

Most Respected By The Media And Feds: Savant, because he granted interviews which became trendy.

Least Respected By The Media And Feds: Snapshot. But of course the authorities didn't really get him identified. His attitude and tactics were a big reason that the VAIS unit came into existence.

Most Amusing Quotes: Alas the game is too far gone for me to remember much about famous quotes.

Most Controversial: There were several episodes where one player or the other would feed the ovens (base incenerator) to make room in the cells. The group usually had some "quiet moments" of uncertainy whenever this happened.

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Fight: My bet would be when Nightstick cut loose on the Black Cabal cultists in the Bayou. He decapitated quite a few in that fight. Of course the use of fully automatic assault shotguns did a number on people during the attack on Retro's stronghold too.

Most Damage Dealt In A Single Hit: I'd guess this also goes to Nightstick on one of his uncommon killing attacks. Of course when the Remittence Man got head-shots with that laser rifle he used it was awfully messy.

Most Damage Taken In A Single Fight: Hippocrates head shot during the Bayou fight. He came within a pip or two of making a new character. Uriel actually surpassed this total but died because of it so I guess that doesn't count.

Most Damage Taken In A Single Hit: Gotta be the head shot the Doc took.

Most Insane Perseverance: Hippocrates abduction by Mr. S in which he ended up abducting Mr. S in turn. Then disappeared on the group, operated on the captive, evacuated one of their bases, set it on fire, dumped Mr. S at a motel 6, etc. The rest of the group though he'd gone mad.

Most Heroic Actions Taken: Wildcard's sacrifice save of the child.

Most Well Spoken: Savant.

Most Fun To Have In Group: The Remittance Man, because of the player Duncan. BTW, He's just made Lt. Colonel in the USAF, I still keep in touch with him.

Most Flexible: Well, the least flexible was Nightstick he was a pure melee monster. Hippocrates and Savant were both well balanced. Hippocrates just had an experience edge.

Most Skilled: Savant seemed to have made the best use of his skills. Several of the team were skill heavy.

Most Well Rounded: Looking at the character sheets I'd say Hippocrates. Of course with that many XP its no wonder.

Most Surprising: Any time you run a game the players are always surprising you.

By the way, just FYI, to the best of my knowledge Vaclav is a Czech name, not Russian. Or at least that's what my wife claims. ;)

Yeah, it does sound Czech now that you mention it. I don't recall where I got the name at but I'm think I got it from some of the old "official" 4th Edition Dark Champions stuff.

Black Cabal Agent

Follow this link to see an agent of the Black Cabal. A true warrior of that most foul organization. The Red Cabal are the public presence of the Cabal. The agent linked here is one of the hidden, true, members of the Cabal. This is a standard agent without their version of assault equipment. I will post an agent with full combat gear tomorrow (if I can). If you think this one is bad wait until you see the assault agent. I am particularly proud of their equipment.

Uriel - The Death AngelPlayer: Randy

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
20 DEX 30
18 CON 16
11 BODY 2
15 INT 5
14 EGO 8
15 PRE 5
16 COM 3
8 PD 4
4 ED 0
4 SPD 10
8 REC 0
36 END 0
30 STUN 0
7" RUN22" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 95
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5d6 Strike, Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 11
Cost Skill
2 PS: Security Specialist 11-
2 KS: Military World 11-
2 KS: Mercenary World 11-
2 KS: Hudson City Underworld 11-
2 KS: Kung Fu 11-
7 Acrobatics 15-
3 Breakfall 13-
1 Bribery 8-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Conversation 12-
3 Criminology 12-
3 Electronics 12-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 12-
2 Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 12-
2 WF: Small Arms, Clubs, Fist-Loads, Unarmed Combat
Skills Cost: 52
Cost Perk
4 Fringe Benefit: Basic 8- Contact....Unknown, Concealed Weapon Permit (where appropriate), License to practice: Private Investigator
Perks Cost: 4
Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Old Knee wound: x2 from area 15 (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Father - Uriel is terrified of father. (Uncommon)
10 Psychological Limitation: Will back down from Father (Uncommon, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Secretive (Uncommon, Strong)
10 Hunted: Father 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
15 Hunted: DEMON/Cabal 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)
Disadvantage Points: 85

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 12Experience Unspent: 12Total Character Cost: 162

Height: 1.74 m Hair: Black
Weight: 80.00 kg Eyes: Dark
Appearance: The character is taken somewhat from Tim Dagget a US gymnast.Personality: Uriel harbors deep secrets. His father is a member of DEMON (The Cabal) and used Uriel as a child in unspeakable ways. The reason he is a vigilante is to have a chance to strike back at his father and those like him who live beyond touch and beyond the law. Strangly (or not) Uriel will not do anything that might bring him into conflict with his fahter, who has instilled a fear so deep in the vigilante that it may never be overcome.Quote:Background: Uriel was an olympic gymnast whose dream of gold was cut short by a botched burglary that left him with two broken legs and a broken dream. Even with the extensive investigation and the assistance of his father, a United States Senator little was ever discovered about the perpurtrators.Powers/Tactics: Uriel is direct and often deadly. He generally uses a streetsweeper shotgun or a P-15 with special ammunition. The incredibly stong man is not afraid to get physical and has beaten several of his foes sensless rather than use a weapon from a safe range.Campaign Use: [EDITED] This is an approximation. The character was killed in approx 96-97 and I haven't seen him here bouts for about 3 computer lifetimes. Having said that, I think the write up is close.Here is the HDC

BTW: is Uriel the only "normal" member of the team to die? I know Wildcard, Phobos, and Snapshot did, but two seemed like fill-in characters and Snapshot was a GM fiat.

Also, which members of the team were founders? Im pretty sure Hippocrates, Nightstick, Uriel, and The Remittance Man were but I'm not 100% on that.

Actually, a complete list of the roster of members, plus support people like the base-mechanic guy would be useful.

Finally, was Dancer an actual member or an ally?

Thanx!

Uriel is the only regular team member to bite the big one.

Dancer was a member.

You are correct on the founders. Gunner played for 2-3 games and then moved to Florida so I don't think he counts.

I think I have the write ups of George Bell [base Mechanic], Alfred [My butler...It took allot to find a cool English Butler named Alfred], Gloria Stiener [The M.E.'s daughter and Savant's Girlfriend - hey, saving her from sex slavery has to earn some credit, right?].

It would be cool if there was an Excel to HD converter since most of this stuff is still on either my or Eddie's HD.

Supporting Omega Actors:

The Machine

George Bell - Mechanic

Alfred, everybodies favorite butler.

Zhou Hsou - Elder Martial Scholar and general pain in the rear. In a Remo Williams kinda way.

Debi Taylor, the DR's significant other.

Gloria Stiener, Savant's Girlfriend.

Wildcard, Cardshark agent with a heart of glod.

Active list:

Hippocrates

Uriel - KIA

Nightstick

Remittance Man

Dancer

Gunner

Savant

Phobos - KIA

Snapshot - KIA

Predator

Pax

That is about it, IIRC.

BTW: is Uriel the only "normal" member of the team to die? I know Wildcard, Phobos, and Snapshot did, but two seemed like fill-in characters and Snapshot was a GM fiat.

Uriel was Eosin's original character. He died in a firefight with the mercs called the Arsenal. Wildcard was the quickly thrown together replacement he ran. When he made up Specter/Savant he wanted to bring in that character so he got with me and we cooked up a fitting end for the character. Phobos was an NPC from the start and never really a member of the team, just an ally. Snapshot's player left the campaign (moved away) and I had to get his character out of the action (it was good shock value).

Also, which members of the team were founders? Im pretty sure Hippocrates, Nightstick, Uriel, and The Remittance Man were but I'm not 100% on that.

Actually, a complete list of the roster of members, plus support people like the base-mechanic guy would be useful.

Finally, was Dancer an actual member or an ally?

Founding members

Hippocrates (PC)

Uriel (PC)

Nightstick (PC)

The Remittance Man (PC)

Gunner (PC who left shortly)

Dancer (NPC, full member)

Other Members

Predator (PC)

Snapshot (PC, brief)

Widow (PC, brief)

Pax (PC)

Allies

George Bell (Omega Base Handyman)

Valerie Steiner (DNPC Girlfriend of Savant)

Debbie Taylor (DNPC Girlfriend of Hippocrates)

Alfred (Bulter of Savant)

Another Butler (don't remember the name, he worked for Dr. Thomas James but was killed when Shonto came after him)

Neutrals

Crusade (Psycho, loner Vigilante)

Harbinger (Grossly Powerful, loner, Vigilante)

Plain Jane

PRIMUS (lot of stuff in archived computer files, they were nasty enough to go toe to toe with the Cabal/DEMON)

Villians (that I have paper copies of0

Bogeyman

Demoness

Red Cabal Agents

Black Cabal Agents

Black Cabal Assault Agents

Hail Mary (female Gang leader)

1st Generation Followers of Reverend M (plot just starting as campaign ended)

Mr. S (powerful Ninja)

Ninja Genin

Tenderheart (trans-sexual psycho)

Three power levels of generic Street Thugs

Generic Terrorists

VIPER Agent Commander

VIPER Agent Commander (Air)

Standard VIPER Agents

VIPER Elite Air Cavalry

Merritet (Thutmose was basically the same, Common Memphian Mummies)

The Pack

Mongrel (leader of the Pack)

Doberman (he ain't dead)

Hell Hound (formerly Ashtray Art)

Dog of War (replacement not encountered by campaign end)

The Pack's Battle Van

The Cardshark Organization

Cardshark

Pokerface

One-Eyed Jack

Blackjack

Deadman's Hand

Jack of Diamonds

The four Aces (Diamonds, Clubs, Spades, Hearts) (Officers)

Spade Face Card Agents (Sergeants)

Space Combat Deck Agents (Troops)

Other Face Card Agents (Non-violent Crime Specialists)

Other Deck Agents (ditto)

There is probably more that this but its late and I'm supposed to be somewhere tomorrow.