Omega Team Campaign Logs

Edsel

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phobos was a PC.

That was the guy who played for a little while but did not really like Hero. I think he was unemployed in the 2-3 months he played with us. He called one week to say he would not be playing and then just disappeared...I think he and his wife had moved from Amarillo...or something. He was a big guy if I recall.

Originally posted by Eosin

Phobos was a PC.

That was the guy who played for a little while but did not really like Hero. I think he was unemployed in the 2-3 months he played with us. He called one week to say he would not be playing and then just disappeared...I think he and his wife had moved from Amarillo...or something. He was a big guy if I recall.

Yeah, your right now that I think about it. I believe that the whole Timbaler Tommy senario called for a local guide/ally and I had originally intended to use an NPC. Then he showed up so I used his character in that role.

Re: Black Cabal Agent

Originally posted by Edsel

Presented below is an agent of the Black Cabal. A true warrior of that most foul organization. The Red Cabal are the public presence of the Cabal. The agent here is one of the hidden, true, members of the Cabal. This is a standard agent without their version of assault equipment. I will post an agent with full combat gear tomorrow (if I can). If you think this one is bad wait until you see the assault agent. I am particularly proud of their equipment.

Very nice.

Don't worry about them being too much. Entirely different angle, but they seem about on par with the Purple Agents -- but I think the Purple Agents are better armed in some ways, as they have more charges for their special attacks.

BTW, got all the log up in 5 parts, but will likely just include the rest of the materials as a down load, though I might pull out some notable bits like the Savant interview for web-ization as well.

Theres a ton of stuff here -- I cant stop looking thru it and I so need to finish my material for my game tomorrow.

Ive decided that Edsel is the font of all evil! :D

I spent a good part of the morning working on cleaning up the Campaign logs. The went to a movie, got back and finished-up the latest version of the campaign logs. I just got around to getting back on the web and saw that you had posted the logs.

Anyway for any who are interested attached is a zip file that contains the entire campaign log in 5 Word documents. I cleaned up the formatting a little. I guess I'll head over to the Omega Web Site and see what the logs look like that KS posted there.

BTW KS,

I like the tweaks to the site. Very nice.

I can echo this. I like it.

The only suggestion I have is that a few of the letters in the word Omega (at the top of the page) are faded enough that they are a little hard to see (at least on my computer). You can see them they are just really faint.

I can echo this. I like it.

The only suggestion I have is that a few of the letters in the word Omega (at the top of the page) are faded enough that they are a little hard to see (at least on my computer). You can see them they are just really faint.

Ok, I brightened up the title a bit.

http://www.killershrike.com/TheOmegaTeam/OmegaTeam.shtml

BTW: Did you add anything to the Campaign Logs or just spruce them up a bit?

I re-read the logs as I posted them to the boards. I corrected errors, fixed ommisions and elaborated on some points. At that time I also put vB coding into them so they'd look okay on the boards. In the last two story arcs I elminated a lot of footnotes replacing the relevant data with parenthetical additions to the body text.

For the zip file I posted I went through and took all the vB coding back out and fixed up the formatting some. I also caught a very few additional errors.

I've been working on the Cabal's combat gear for a Hero Designer Prefab. It is taking a lot of time because the original equipment was about the most complex stuff I ever built for 4th edition. Now I'm having to convert it to 5th edition. I've got stuff like multi-power weapons with 5 or 6 slots, all of which are compound powers. Its a lot of work but I'm getting close to completing the prefab. I can send you that and an example assault agent when I get it done. The assault agents are not physically much different from the regulars, its a case where the accessories make the man.;)

I re-read the logs as I posted them to the boards. I corrected errors, fixed ommisions and elaborated on some points. At that time I also put vB coding into them so they'd look okay on the boards. In the last two story arcs I elminated a lot of footnotes replacing the relevant data with parenthetical additions to the body text.

For the zip file I posted I went through and took all the vB coding back out and fixed up the formatting some. I also caught a very few additional errors.

So, do you want me to blow out the versions I have and replace them, or are they ok as they are?

I've been working on the Cabal's combat gear for a Hero Designer Prefab. It is taking a lot of time because the original equipment was about the most complex stuff I ever built for 4th edition. Now I'm having to convert it to 5th edition. I've got stuff like multi-power weapons with 5 or 6 slots, all of which are compound powers. Its a lot of work but I'm getting close to completing the prefab. I can send you that and an example assault agent when I get it done. The assault agents are not physically much different from the regulars, its a case where the accessories make the man.;)

Cool. Id really like to get the other PCs done up too. Ive got a couple of ideas for the site, but its silly to start playing around with them until I have all the PCs.

Ultimately Id like for the Omega Team character listing to be more like this:

http://www.killershrike.com/MillennialMen/MillennialMen.htm

or this:

http://www.killershrike.com/Sandora/Characters/NineArrows.shtml

I like the first option best for the format. Of course that may be since its setup for Champion and not Fantasy Hero. I don't know what we'll do for pictures though. None of my RPG gang have a lot of artistic talent when it comes to character drawings.

I'll definately post the Black Cabal Assault Agent tonight. The prefab is done. I just have to clone the regular agent and make the changes.

I'll start working on the other Player-Characters that I have and post them when I can. I still have to work up my character for Eosin's new Fantasy Hero campaign and I've been trying to help him with some other stuff for it as well. And I still need to work on my Conclave campaign if I'm ever gonna get it off the ground. Ah well, too many games, too little leisure time.;)

Cabal / DEMON Equipment

I have built a Hero Designer prefab that features all of the Black Cabal equipment. This is attached below for any who are interested.

Had to zip it to make it a valid attachment.

EDIT: If anybody spots any errors in the Cabal equipment let me know. It got pretty complex so I bet there's a bug or two in there.

I will see about getting Pax, Phobos, and Alfred into HD tonight. After tonight, I am not going to be able to do any HD for a week [7 shifts, 12 hours long in the middle of the night]

Phobos will be purely speculation unless Eddie has him anywhere.

Randy

Phobos will be purely speculation unless Eddie has him anywhere.

I think you'll have to give it your best shot. I can't find any data on him.

I guess I'll work on Gunner next, then Widow. I kinda dread starting on Predator, the Cabal stuff was pretty involved and his special gear might be just as bad.

PaxPlayer: Brian

Val Char Cost
23 STR 16
20 DEX 30
25 CON 40
13 BODY 6
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
18 PRE 8
16 COM 3
9 PD 5
5 ED 0
4 SPD 10
10 REC 0
50 END 0
40 STUN 2
9" RUN64" SWIM24 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 133
Cost Power END
5 Luck 1d6
Powers Cost: 5
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
3 Weapon Element: Clubs, Empty Hand, Hanbo
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 38 STR vs. Grabs
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 33 STR for holding on
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 6 1/2d6 Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 18
Cost Skill
0 PS: Soldier (Everyman) 11-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Kung Fu (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) KS: Viper (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Acrobatics 13-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Bugging 12-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Combat Driving 13-
1 Combat Piloting 8-
3 Concealment 12-
1 Criminology 8-
3 Fast Draw 13-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
3 Systems Operation 12-
0 TF: Jet Pack
6 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms, Hanbo, Off Hand
20 +2 Overall
3 +1 with DCV (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Armor Penalties (-1/2)
Skills Cost: 72
Cost Perk
2 Money: Well Off
1 Base Donation
1 Contact: Viper Buddy 8-
Perks Cost: 4
Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
15 Susceptibility: Reaction to Antibiotics, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
15 : Secret ID
15 Hunted: Viper 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 : Ashamed of Past (Common, Moderate)
10 : Exersize Junkie (Common, Moderate)
10 : Uncommon Grace & Power (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
Disadvantage Points: 95

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 37Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 232

Height: 1.99 m Hair: Blonde
Weight: 96.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Lex had the appearance of Dolph Lungren.Personality: Quote:Background: Lex's History

My story began 25 years ago when I was only 7. I never knew my father and all I ever remember of my mom is that she was always working. On the day of October 13 1972, A police officer came to my apartment and told my baby sitter she could go home, and that he would take cared of me. It was explained to me that my mom had died and that I would be taken to a home for children with no parents. I was taken to an orphanage or at least that is what it was supposed to be, but in truth it was a training ground for criminals. There was no love, no affection simply school and chores. By the time I was 13 I was accepted into the elite of the orphanage the “crewâ€, as we liked to be called, I was 5’ 10†and still growing. At the age of 15 I realized cosmic truth strength is power and seeing how I was 6’2†and none of the other children except one was my size I decided that I would run things at the orphanage. The other kid that was my size had other ideas and schooled me in them. I was beat as bad as one kid could beat another, we were both big but he was a far better fighter. From that day on I decided that I was going to learn to fight with my head and my brawn not just my brawn. I received a small amount of spending money and several hours a day to myself. That precious time and little money all went to one thing training to fight. First I went to the gym and learn the basics of boxing. After about 6 months there was Martial Arts Dojo that opened up. The money I had was not enough to pay for classes so I made arrangements to do odd jobs around the Dojo to make up the difference. I continued my training and made several new “friendsâ€. Once I turned 18 and set free from the orphanage I had several odd jobs but none seemed to work for me. One of my Martial arts friends asked me if I could use some good paying work, which off course I did.

Over the course of the next 6 months I received a crash course in Viper training. Everything I did just seamed right I had finally found something I was good at. Over the course of the next 13 years I move up in rank rapidly. I spent 2 years as a standard viper agent. Once I had completed my tour as an agent I was put in for, and received extra training in hand to hand combat. I spent the next 4 years as a Hand to Hand expert specialized in burgling. After 6 years of field duty (7 years total including training) with virtually a flawless record I went back to school, command school. I finished top in my class and given the assignment of helping to start a new nest in Chicago (the last one was destroyed two years ago). The Chicago assignment was the hardest I have ever worked; the next 6 years were living hell. We finally got a good foothold and all was moving smoothly.

On October 3 my life would change (October has always seamed to be a hard month for me). My mission was simple, break in to the power labs at HiTeck enterprises and steal the plans for the new kinetic powering systems. All was going as planned until we reached the labs themselves. We entered to find the scientist having a party (celebrating their breakthrough). Before I realized what was happening the men under my command were firing on the defenseless scientist, all were dead in a matter of moments. All the information was gathered as per our instructions and we made good our escape. Once the Nest Leader was briefed on what had happened he called me in his office and gave me an on site promotion to assistant nest leader for my heads up action in killing the scientist. To this day I still remember what he said, “good job Lex if a scientist isn’t working for viper there working against usâ€. My reaction to the bungled raid was nausea but I simply could not believe that I let all those scientist get killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had some time off coming so I took it and never went back. I wondered around for about 6 months and finally ended up in H. C. In that six months I had a lot of time to think about what went wrong in my life. I let 30 truly innocent scientist die and to make that right I will save 60 innocent people, that is were I would start!

Powers/Tactics: Lex used big attacks. His automatic shotguns with special rounds rarely left anyone standing.