360 Sight

t-bear

I'm trying to build a power/ability for my character, and looking for a little helpful inspiration.

He's a gateway teleporter. At the begining of every fight he opens up a few portals that protect him (i.e. forcefield). At the same time I'd also like to be able to open a few portals that float around the character that he can look through. In otherwords, portals that allow him to look forward and see what's going on behind him. Kinda like rearview mirrors. Basically I'm trying to find a way to build 360 degree sight, but unfortunatly this is an area of hero design I'm not all that up on, and I'm having trouble getting started. Any ideas/suggestions?

Guest Keneton

Using Hero designer there are sight group modifiers. One is 360 degree sensing. You could place a limitation, cost end to represent this power requiring an effort to set up. Most senses are persistant in that they dont turn off when your stunned. This is another possible limitation for the power you describe.

Hope that helps.:)

Originally posted by t-bear

Thanks guys! I'm having one of those "can't seem to find what I need in the book" kind of days. I think what I'm looking at is 360 arc as suggested, with the gestures limitation on it. So I have to turn it on at the begining of the fight like my forcefield.

Gestures would work if it fits his concept and is the way most of his other "gate" powers work. It's not a LImitation common to superheroic genres though (assuming that's what your playing).

I would suggest simply Cost END and Visible, to represent the effort used to maintain the portals and their visibility to other characters (they might not be able to see through them, but they'll know you can). Total Cost would be 3 points for Normal Sight, or 6 points for the entire Sight Group. Either would cost 1 END per phase.