Villian Group Names (Please Help)

steriaca

I am curently stuck on names of two supervillian teams I have created.

Team One: A group of five mutants (so far) operating out of the Ortaga Insitute For Higher Learning. Curently going by the name "Ortaga Insuitute" in my notes. The members:

1) Headmaster: Headmaster of the school, and a mutant mentlist of moderat power. Dosen't acualy go on missions, but uses his mental powers to check up on his students.

2) Forcer: The team leader of the group. Able to fire beams of force, and also able to create a force construct (Summin).

3) Hexen: Proability manipulator who thinks she knows magic (and only plays along with this 'mutant' stuff, even thoe she realy is a mutant). Has a crush on Surge.

4) Pantera: Headmaster's neice who has huge claws, and an animal attitude she can bairly control. Also has a crush on Surge.

5) Surge: Former street punk, curent reble of the group with electrokinetic powers.

Team Two: A group of superbeings created by the millinar Midus Mercery to be his pet supervillians. Curently in my notes as "Project: Goldteam" (and was inspiered by Project: Gold, an old Adventer's Club supervillian team designed not to be able to take what thay dish out).

1) Goldbug: Midus Mercery, in a suite of power armor. Leader/Owner.

2) Goldbrick 3: The third person to take that name, he is a 'brick'.

3) Goldenrod: A martial artest who is to depended on his weapion (a gold colored rod).

4) Goldmind 2: The second person to take the name Goldmind, she is a mentlist.

5) Goldray: An energy blaster who is able to shoot golden colored lazer beams.

Team #1: What's there motivation? Terrorists, misunderstood freedom fighters, crooks? They could have a generic villain team name or something that reflects their motivations.

Team #2: Midas' Touch or how about AURIC (either as a name or an acronym). I like this team and remember the AC article fondly.

Basicly, Team One is a bunch of kid mutants learning to use there powers, and have a slight villnous bent to ther personality (like the Hellions from New Mutants). It dosen't realy help them that thay are being maipulated by Headmaster to basicly feed his ego. Headmaster wants to use the team as pawns to rule the world, but right now, has to track down and "perswade" more mutants to join his "school".

Team Two: Midus' Touch sounds campy...which is just in line with the group. But I don't want to give away the secret idenity of the group leader in the name (Goldbug is board millinair Midus Mercery, a perfect supervillian secret idenity name). I wish I knew what Auric means...but it sounds like a better name.

Originally posted by steriaca

Basicly, Team One is a bunch of kid mutants learning to use there powers, and have a slight villnous bent to ther personality (like the Hellions from New Mutants). It dosen't realy help them that thay are being maipulated by Headmaster to basicly feed his ego. Headmaster wants to use the team as pawns to rule the world, but right now, has to track down and "perswade" more mutants to join his "school".

Hmmm...How about something that represents their inheriting the Earth...The New Breed, The Upstarts, The Revolution, New World Order (if you don't mind a WWE reference).

Team Two: Midus' Touch sounds campy...which is just in line with the group. But I don't want to give away the secret idenity of the group leader in the name (Goldbug is board millinair Midus Mercery, a perfect supervillian secret idenity name). I wish I knew what Auric means...but it sounds like a better name.

Auric is Latin for 'golden', which is where golds Atomic Symbol Au derives from.

Team Two: Big Willy had a very similar concept in his Overwatch UK game - a gold-based villain theme group called the Bullion Bunch.

Goldbrick - brick

Gold-Digger - tunneling

Gold Fever - induced disease

Gold Rush - speedster

I think there may have been one or two more but I don't recall them. They were probably my favourite bad guys of the campaign. I'm a big fan of theme teams, mind.

Team One could be called The Ortega Imperative, or The Imperative; the latter should be sufficient to keep the players guessing as to their true intent.

Team Two could be called The Gold Standard, if for no other reason than they all have word "Gold" in their names.

I think I might use "The Gold Standard", just because. I already writen up Goldbug, Goldbrick, and Goldenrod, and I am working on Goldfire (formly Goldray) right now. That leaves Goldmind and Goldrush (decided the group needed a spedster).

Anyone remember the names of the original members of "Project: Gold" (both real and super names)?

As for the other team...The Imperative sounds intresting. It also hints that something is not right (since, if you think about it, that name is not what a bunch of mutant superteens would call themselves unless there is someone older pulling the strings).

Anyone remember the names of the original members of "Project: Gold" (both real and super names)?

Just pulled out my AC #4, dated summer of 1984 (just to prove what an old fart I am). The original adventure was titled "The Gilt Complex" (not a bad team name either) and the original members were Goldrush, Goldbrick & Goldmind. They had no Other ID's.