Nulan: Fantasy Hero

Absolute Hero

Originally posted by Absolute Hero

Thanks.

Here's a sample of the political map. Orginally, I didn't think it would be broken down into 5 different factions until I was brainstorming last night instead of sleeping.

politicalnulan500x500.gif

Just 'cause it occurs to me....

The Blue country, unless there is relatively easy movement through the mountain range (which their might well be - I can see a couple places I would put a pass) stands a real risk of being cut off from its "other half" by the Red country. Though if I were them, I would reclaim their side of the river first, then move to cut Blue in half. If they organize with Moss Green (not to be confused with light green to the southwest(?)) to harry Blue in the north(?) they could well divide the nation.

On the side, I love the map.

Originally posted by Black Rose

Just 'cause it occurs to me....

The Blue country, unless there is relatively easy movement through the mountain range (which their might well be - I can see a couple places I would put a pass) stands a real risk of being cut off from its "other half" by the Red country.

On the side, I love the map.

Thanks.

And, there's actually a method to my madness with thie way blue landed. Initially, blue had control of the whole continent. An earth-shattering event enabled the other "nations" to split away from blue's control. So, the newer nations are still managing with the start-up of their new governments, while blue is too busy dealing with recovery to reign them back in. Make sense? I don't know. I thought it all up at about four in the morning.

Originally posted by Eosin

The map looks pretty good. One strange point in it....the northern "blue kingdom" river really could not flow the way it does on the map without some really strange geography.

Got a scale yet?

Thanks.

Uh... :confused: Let's chalk it up to some really strange geography then. :)

I'm still kicking around the scale. Any suggestions?

I would probably target each hex as somewhere in the realm of 20-30 miles [outside extremes of 10 and 50 miles]. It would depend on what you think of as kingdoms though.

25 miles makes the Red Country just about midwest state sized [OK, CO, AR, NE, Ect...] that is pretty big for middle ages but again alot of that depends on how you set things up.

I think I would do 25.

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

Can I borrow it? I haven't the skill or software for making maps...do you have any objections to me using yours?

;)

Sure, you can borrow it. All I ask is that you don't publish it on the web (or publication), since that is essentially what I am doing with it. If you want it for your own game at home, no worries. I can even supply you with a larger viersion if you'd like.

Originally posted by Eosin

I would probably target each hex as somewhere in the realm of 20-30 miles [outside extremes of 10 and 50 miles]. It would depend on what you think of as kingdoms though.

25 miles makes the Red Country just about midwest state sized [OK, CO, AR, NE, Ect...] that is pretty big for middle ages but again alot of that depends on how you set things up.

I think I would do 25.

I was thinking along the same lines. I might stretch it to 30 though. Thanks for the input.