Power Help:Bounce

nexus

This is a power from Aberrant. What it basically allows you to do is absorp physical damage without harm and convert it into momentum. You go flying off when you're struck a distance equal to the amount of damage you would have taken. You can also bounce off object you hit to avoid damage and ricchochet around the battle field like Speedball. It has an Extra (Advantage) like Momentum Transfer (which makes whoever you hit go flying and you stop)

I needed some suggestions for how to write this up in Hero.

Re: Power Help:Bounce

Originally posted by nexus

This is a power from Aberrant. What it basically allows you to do is absorp physical damage without harm and convert it into momentum. You go flying off when you're struck a distance equal to the amount of damage you would have taken. You can also bounce off object you hit to avoid damage and ricchochet around the battle field like Speedball. It has an Extra (Advantage) like Momentum Transfer (which makes whoever you hit go flying and you stop)

I needed some suggestions for how to write this up in Hero.

It sounds like extra physical defence and/or damage reduction combined with flight on a trigger. The you stop when you hit someone is just a feature of doing a move through if I'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by Mike W

Actually, to me it sounds like Absorption that funnells into a movement power, possibly PD as a secondary power so that your character can withstand the impact of the bounce.

That may be part of it, but that doesnt cause the flying off effect. That would be the complicated thing to design.

My first guess would be Flight bought with No Conscious Control. Then figure out some formula to translate damage into flight distance. Ricochet could be handled with some Flight levels that just alter the path in a ricochet pattern. Of course you'd need some high defenses as well.

Or you could buy the high defenses with a Side Effect.

-AA

For some reason, I think leaping would work better as you are considered to land after every movement. Plus it already has a mechanism for a small amount of randomization when it comes to the landing. What about Leaping with No Concious Control Only when hit and Body done in inches of movement?