Summoned Crossbow

trollinabox

This is sorta along the lines of the summoned sword. Basicly is this legal the way its constructed.

And yes its probably rule raping i admit. But its supposed to be a Psionic Crossbow. But could made magic with Incantation Gestures and spell for a nother savings on the summom power of 5 points.

13 Summon Psionic Crossbow: Summon 169-point crossbow, Slavishly Devoted (+1) (68 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), Concentration (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -3/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Character May Take No Other Actions, -3/4), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2)

Psionic Crossbow : Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6-1, 64 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Day each (+0), Does BODY (+1), Autofire (3 shots; +1 1/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Mental Defence; +1 1/2), Lingering up to 1 Day (+2) (169 Active Points); Independent (-2), STR Minimum 10 (STR Min. Cannot Add/Subtract Damage; -1), Beam (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

Is the independant legal i want to summon a couple of them, but could go Useable others if need be>

Normally summoning something like equipment is a special effect instead of a full power.

but I can see it working like the DnD spell that summons various chunks of equipment if that's what you're after. (I forget the name of the DnD spell in question..)

Though, I wouldn't think that it needs the "Slavishly Loyal" Advantage unless it's a sentient x-bow that might turn on you once you summoned it from it's nice resting spot. I wouldn't make you use that advantage personally as it infers summoning something intelligent.

Ghost-Angel:

I almost always require the Slavishly Loyal Advantage for such summonings. If you use Summon to summon a zombie or telekinetic construct or even a vehicle, the "creature" is by definition "slavishly loyal" and should be purchased with that Advantage.

If it's just a crossbow, even a psychic crossbow, unless it acts completely automotously(sp?) of the character, it should probably be bought as an Attack Power with some clever Modifiers.

I could argue the slavish loyal thing on equipment:

I summon a car

My Arch Enemy jumps in and drives me over with it

Yup that vehicle was slavishly loyal to me...

I would allow the following: No Free Will (+1/4, +1/2, +1)

At the +1/4 any one can control the creature, in function it as a Ego of 0

At +1/2 the character has no free will for anyone in a limited class (This is the level for most vehicles). If the creature is controled by an OAF, or if the control is quite obvious and reasonable (A vehicle is operated by a driver)

+1 This is the same as slavishly loyal, at this level it will only listen to the sumoner, or close enough (Maybe controled via a IIF type gadget, or most OIF)

Why does it even have to be built as a summon? The summon power specifically states that it summons CREATURES. Build the power normally and then apply a focus limit if it can be taken away and used against you. If not, the "summon" is just a special effect.

Example:

A character can "summon" or let's be honest, this is object creation, "create" a sword which can be taken and used against him. So -

Sword 2d6HKA -1 OAF -1/2 extra time full phase(it takes a phase to summon it)

Leave it at that. The focus rules allow for non universal(personal) foci, things that can be say, taken away but not used against you. So call it a personal focus(or universal if the other person can grab it and gut you with it). Of course, you have to recover the focus to dispel the power early.

This is how we build mutant "weapon creation" powers is with VPP where everything must take a focus limit. Of course, unlike a standard weapons pool it can be changed in the field - but you have to pay more points to do that. A standard object creation pool in one of our campaigns might look like this:

VPP 30 points

CC 12 points

+1.5 no skill roll, 1/2 phase to shift

-1 all objects must be OAF, -1 limited class of objects

Just for the record:

The reason the base is built with a summons is because Base's have there own sheet:

For a crossbow: An RKA with UBO, I also seem to recall a physical manifestation lim (don't remember where) I would use that to replace the OAF...

Originally posted by JmOz

Just for the record:

The reason the base is built with a summons is because Base's have there own sheet:

For a crossbow: An RKA with UBO, I also seem to recall a physical manifestation lim (don't remember where) I would use that to replace the OAF...

I'm thinking it was in USPDB, but could be wrong, as I have only looked through playtest files and the one we have in the group (But not mine)