Terran Empire Table of Contents

doppelganger

Here is a really quick overview:

Chapter 1: History

Covers 2397-2703. (7-16)

Chapter 2: Peoples of the Milky Way

Humans, Species of the Empire, Other species of the Federation, Species of the Conjoined Civilizations, Other Galactic Species. (17-48)

Chapter 3: Powers And Pawns

The Terran Empire, Other Branches of Government, World of the Empire, Other Powers. (49-88)

Chapter 4: Galactic Society

Travel and Communications, Religion and Philosophy, The Underworld. (89-104)

Chapter 5: Character Creation

Package Deals, Game Elements. (105-132)

Chapter 6: Equipment and Technology

General Tech Issues, Weapons, Defenses, Computers, Misc Equipment, Price List. (133-155)

Chapter 7: Starships

Imperial Starship Tech, Terran Empire Starships, Ackalian Starships, Se'ecra Starships, Thorgon Starships, Velarian Starships. (156-190)

Chapter 8: Terran Empire Campaigns

Campaign Guidelines, GM's Vault. (191-204)

Everyone of those sections listed above has many subsections. TE is just an incredible book, IMO. I read the playtest manuscript and was still blown away by the book!

If you want to get a basic idea of what the aliens are like in the book, check out this link from Digital Hero. You do not get the nice art pics in the link, but you get the basics of the type of information.

http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/dh08_terran_aliens.htm

Hey....

I finaly saw a copy of Terran Empire at the store the other day so I perused through it to see if it could be of use to me. (I didn't have the cash to buy it unfortunately as I was purchasing TUV at the time)

I was looking through it when I saw something that disturbed me greatly.

Elder Wyrms

But...but...what the!?!

Those are my badguys for my Star Hero campaign damnit!

I stole those guys from ICE's Darkspace fair and square!

[shakes fist at sky]

....okay. I'm calm now. I'm over it.

Guess that goes to show great minds think alike.

So to speak :)

And weren't they also associated with the Seven Horsemen? In the back of that adventure, wasn't there a UFO located somewhere in the Arctic (IIRC) that held a contigent of Elder Worms?

Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly. I'll have to admit: my memory is incredibly fuzzy on the details.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Hey, those Elder Worms have a long, long Champions association. ;) Nothing to do with ICE; I've never even read that product. I'm just takin' advantage of the Hero Universe concept. ;)

Well, considering how long ICE and HERO were in bed together, its not surprising that there has been some sharing (stealing?) of ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if ICE borrowed the concept of the Elder Worms for their Darkspace book.