Odd hero concept ?

SMKun

Ok here is a concept that one of my players wants to try out. Tell me what you folks might thing his powers would be and do you like the idea?

Name: "Veritas" (which is Latin for truth.) From the Latin phrase that translates "In wine there is truth"

By Day: A mild mannered sommelier (wine steward) with an encyclopedic knowledge of wines, super smell and super taste. Can name the grapes, vintage, wineries and even specific vineyards through a sip of any wine. He is also a human polygraph, able to detect lies in anyone after he has a glass of wine. A glass of wine will also allow him to speak the language of the country of origin of the wine. i.e. A French wine allows him to speak French.

Super Form: He becomes a humanoid in liquid form, that liquid being wine. In this form, he possesses the ability to make his opponents drunk, or

to even make them pass out, or have a memory lapse, or vomit.

Re: Odd hero concept ?

Originally posted by SMKun

By Day: A mild mannered sommelier (wine steward) with an encyclopedic knowledge of wines, super smell and super taste. Can name the grapes, vintage, wineries and even specific vineyards through a sip of any wine. He is also a human polygraph, able to detect lies in anyone after he has a glass of wine. A glass of wine will also allow him to speak the language of the country of origin of the wine. i.e. A French wine allows him to speak French.

Ok, I see where you're going with this...

Super Form: He becomes a humanoid in liquid form, that liquid being wine. In this form, he possesses the ability to make his opponents drunk, or

Umm, you lost me. Not where I thought you were going at all...Ok, to answer the title question, Yes, this is an odd concept. Unplayable? Not at all.

My first impression, tho, is much more subtle. I'm going with the sommelier image, one of sophistication, intellect, breeding, class...I think brute strength is out. I would focus less on the fighting image and go with stealth. I see him skulking in liquid form, a dark crimson shadow that slowly slides down the shadowy hall, it grows into a vaguely humanoid shape, the shiny scarlet fluid playing with the light...

Desolidification (of course); Stealth/Invisibilty; Clinging; NND "Drowning" attack, no range; Dam Reduction; Shapeshift; Cosmetic Transform vs. foodstuffs ;)

Re: Odd hero concept ?

Originally posted by SMKun

I also didn't see the character coming to this point. I was picturing something more golden age mystery man option. I man in a fine suit and domino mask using martial arts and investigating things he learned during the day, seemed more likely.